Thread: Soft Pictures and flash

Default Soft Pictures and flash

Will using flash prevent soft pictures? Or vice versa?
    How do I prevent the pictures from looking soft?

What can I do to prevent over-exposure of the subject if I decided to use flash?
    At times I realised that if the subject is too far away, my flash will result in under-exposure, wat can I do?

you can get soft pics even with flash. practise reducing camera shake when you press the shutter. else use a tripod and shutter release/timer/remote control.

understand your flash. flash have limited range (the range for built-in ones is usually even more limited). also there's usually a minimal distance. if your camera offers control, setting a smaller aperture will help to reduce overexposure. (note that if you're looking at Gain Numbers, you need to divide by the aperture to get teh range).
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

Originally posted by mpenza
    you can get soft pics even with flash. practise reducing camera shake when you press the shutter. else use a tripod and shutter release/timer/remote control.

understand your flash. flash have limited range (the range for built-in ones is usually even more limited). also there's usually a minimal distance. if your camera offers control, setting a smaller aperture will help to reduce overexposure. (note that if you're looking at Gain Numbers, you need to divide by the aperture to get teh range).
    Yeah...I get soft pictures from flash shots which I conclude must be due to camera shake. My technique no good lah :-(

To prevent this, is it possible to set shutter speed to say 1/125
    and snap ? Or set to shutter priority @ 1/125 and let camera set aperture ?

Maybe I can get better/sharper snaps this way...

thanks...dark