Thread: SONY NEW A DSLR 14july2006 ST

Default SONY NEW A DSLR 14july2006 ST

SONY NEW A DSLR 14july2006 ST

the specs are good.
    the body is alot more like canon higher end....

hong

Default Re: SONY NEW A DSLR 14july2006 ST

Quote Originally Posted by hongg
    SONY NEW A DSLR 14july2006 ST

the specs are good.
    the body is alot more like canon higher end....

hong
    Enjoy the noise

Is there any pics or specs?

hmmmm..... still dont like it alot leh...

nvm! upz for it! maybe others can appreciate it more than i can
    D70s-er Since 2005

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/sonydslra100/
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=200862

the official launch in singapore is on tuesday, and there'll be an open house type event on friday.

it's an entry level model, aimed at the d70, 350d user group. some rough specs:

10.2 mp sensor
    uses minolta A-mount lenses
    built in super steady shot (like VR or IS, but works with any lens you attach)
    auto dust-cleaning (like the olympus dust-buster)
    bionz processor for improved dynamic range
    uses CF cards
    iso 100 to 1600
    2.5-inch TFT (230k pixels) LCD
    eye-start autofocus (optional, start AF when camera is raised to the eye)
    burst = unlimited 3fps for jpg; up to 6 frames for raw
    sony lithium battery for extended battery life

looks quite good on paper. the steady shot/dust buster/bionz thing sound like marketing gimmicks, but some online reviewers have tested them and say they work well. now just have to try it for ourselves...
    Black lens, white Lens, can take picture is a Good lens

Hmm... I thought everyone would already know that is the Minolta Dynax5D rebadged, with a new sensor, image processor?

I'm not sure abt Bionz Image Processor and Dust Cleaner. But I can be sure as hell that the steady shot (or the Minolta's AS which is sensor-mounted) really works.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Hmm... I thought everyone would already know that is the Minolta Dynax5D rebadged, with a new sensor, image processor?
    minolta brand so ulu... i think mainly it's KM users and former users that have been tracking the progress of this camera.

yeap, camera based on the dynax 5D, but it seems that it goes a little beyond rebadge and sensor change. the control layout modified so that the function/iso/wb controls are now all done using the left knob.

more interestingly, the metering system has been changed from 14-segment to 40-segment.

they seem to have tweaked the autofocus as well. doubt it'll be as fast as a canon, but hopefully an improvement on the 5d AF.

long-time minolta user David Kilpatrick has a downloadable "first impressions" article here:
    http://www.photoclubalpha.com/

he's saying that the colours are more neutral, maybe not as nice as the minolta ones, but the resolution better. also says that 5d and 7d owners will notice a big improvement in handling and results.

as usual, best to try with your own eyes and hands. pop by on friday lor. marina square i think.
    Black lens, white Lens, can take picture is a Good lens

Quote Originally Posted by pai
    minolta brand so ulu... i think mainly it's KM users and former users that have been tracking the progress of this camera.
    HAHA minolta is not ulu leh... its presence in the camera world is quite strong though i think its considered as the "other" choice when u are going for the best. have a 350D but i always wonder what it would be like if i got a Dynax with AS tech ... I have read a few reviews abt the sad thing with KM bowing out of the digicam race, that their cameras have interesting features but their PR and advertising isn't as strong...

as ever i'm not surprised by people who dunno wtf minolta is....whoever wins in marketing, wins the market...but im convinced sony will do a lot better in this aspect, and is dead serious in it. looming war ahead
    a700 | dynax7
    sigma12-24/minolta28-135/sony70-300g/sig400/lensbaby2.0

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn

I'm not sure abt Bionz Image Processor and Dust Cleaner. But I can be sure as hell that the steady shot (or the Minolta's AS which is sensor-mounted) really works.
    There is no hell... but i still believe in Minolta ASs...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

YEP.

on paper the spec are cool.

just got back from sony gallery.

KM power.

definitely better than others...

but need to grab it to do soem testings.