Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 86

Thread: What if one day, u came to realise the fact that...

  1. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: What if one day, u came to realise the fact that...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    If the boys are also pretty?
    You mean.......there are prettier boys than me, meh? (Photobum: I hope you will allow me to use some Singlish here, although I am not a Singaporean?)

    Hong Sien

  2. #62

    Default Re: What if one day, u came to realise the fact that...

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi
    Come ... let's go out for drink ...
    Great Idea! How about 3 rounds of Long Island Ice Tea for everyone, and put them on JSBN's tab ...
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  3. #63
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,164

    Default Re: What if one day, u came to realise the fact that...

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet
    Great Idea! How about 3 rounds of Long Island Ice Tea for everyone, and put them on JSBN's tab ...
    zouk/winebar 1 for 1 until 9pm (all night for citibank creditcard holder). Who knows... maybe enlightenment will come after 3 jugs of LIT per person.

    "And if you want to talk about what will be,
    Come and drink with me, and cry on my shoulder,
    I'm a friend."
    - James Blunt, Cry

  4. #64
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ipoh, Malaysia
    Posts
    291

    Default Re: What if one day, u came to realise the fact that...

    History Is Written By Thr Victors ... Who know if what we read is nothing but propaganda for the Winners.
    But
    We could decide not to think of it and decide for ourselves what to do next.

  5. #65
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: What if one day, u came to realise the fact that...

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    All that u had learnt in your past 30 to 40yrs of your school and learning life (having obtained a PhD), your religious life. Everything that you had believed in and worked based on the belief and knowledge is all wrong... absolutely wrong. And that everything u had believed to be wrong (as taught by teachers, religious leaders, high-handed morals by politicians, etc) is right.

    What would u do?
    yoz...u got nothing better to think about huh?

    Anyway ... things r right when after doing it u can eat in peace, someone knock on your door past midnight u will not jump and sleep in peace!

    Knowledge are just for your info only! What is important is your wisdom who is your real teacher! Follow it and you wont be wrong!!!

    A person with good wisdom might not be educated and vice-versa!

    Don't get me wrong hor ... i not implying u got know wisdom! coz eveyone is born wif it. It is just how much u used it.

  6. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,156

    Default Re: What if one day, u came to realise the fact that...

    by who's definition is the thing considered wrong and by who's definition is the thing considered as correct?

  7. #67
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    West of S'pore
    Posts
    999

    Default Re: What if one day, u came to realise the fact that...

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo
    by who's definition is the thing considered wrong and by who's definition is the thing considered as correct?
    .....yours lor.

  8. #68
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,164

    Default Re: What if one day, u came to realise the fact that...

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo
    by who's definition is the thing considered wrong and by who's definition is the thing considered as correct?
    Whoever have the upper hand...

    teacher & student = teacher
    boss & employee = boss
    husband & (fierce) wife = wife
    me & you = me

  9. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: What if one day, u came to realise the fact that...

    Quote Originally Posted by dawgbyte77
    Whoever have the upper hand...

    teacher & student = teacher
    boss & employee = boss
    husband & (fierce) wife = wife
    me & you = me
    Well, teacher and boss are not perfect either, so they can be wrong too! A wife is always right though!.........now you know why I 'changed' sex!

    Hong Sien

  10. #70
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: What if one day, u came to realise the fact that...

    Quote Originally Posted by hongsien
    Well, teacher and boss are not perfect either, so they can be wrong too! A wife is always right though!.........now you know why I 'changed' sex!
    You changed from sex to science?

  11. #71
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: What if one day, u came to realise the fact that...

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo
    by who's definition is the thing considered wrong and by who's definition is the thing considered as correct?
    By the definitions of the elected members of parliaments.

  12. #72
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Heaven's Gate
    Posts
    664

    Default Re: What if one day, u came to realise the fact that...

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo
    by who's definition is the thing considered wrong and by who's definition is the thing considered as correct?
    There is no right or wrong in everything. There is only the truth followed by cause and effect. There is always retribution in this world. Only that you have the wisdom to see it or not.

  13. #73

    Default Re: What if one day, u came to realise the fact that...

    interesting.

    doesn't matter what is right or wrong, at the end of the day, we're all dead. Regardless of the presence of the immortal soul, the material world as we know of will cease to exist. Be it a simple nuclear war, or time extrapolates to when our Sun burns out, and 'soon' after that, other solar systems will collapse, as the inevitable increase in entropy in our universe will reach the maximum when all clusters of matter come together into blackholes which ultimately end up as radiation. E=mc^2, zero m will remain.

    On a smaller dimension, what is existence? what is thought? why does human want to be happy? Humans have inbuilt codes in our DNA to make us want to dominate, so as to procreate and spread our specie.

    Be well!

  14. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: What if one day, u came to realise the fact that...

    Quote Originally Posted by di0nysus
    interesting.

    doesn't matter what is right or wrong, at the end of the day, we're all dead. Regardless of the presence of the immortal soul, the material world as we know of will cease to exist. Be it a simple nuclear war, or time extrapolates to when our Sun burns out, and 'soon' after that, other solar systems will collapse, as the inevitable increase in entropy in our universe will reach the maximum when all clusters of matter come together into blackholes which ultimately end up as radiation. E=mc^2, zero m will remain.

    On a smaller dimension, what is existence? what is thought? why does human want to be happy? Humans have inbuilt codes in our DNA to make us want to dominate, so as to procreate and spread our specie.

    Be well!
    That really is a doomsday scenario :-) Hopefully our conterparts in the other parallel universe made the proper choices and live a happy life! Happiness is an attitude...........and it is always there to be discovered, one just have to 'see' it. To me right choices are those that doesn't harm others or the environment.

    Hong Sien

  15. #75
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Heaven's Gate
    Posts
    664

    Default Re: What if one day, u came to realise the fact that...

    Quote Originally Posted by hongsien
    That really is a doomsday scenario :-) Hopefully our conterparts in the other parallel universe made the proper choices and live a happy life! Happiness is an attitude...........and it is always there to be discovered, one just have to 'see' it. To me right choices are those that doesn't harm others or the environment.

    Hong Sien
    There is wisdom in all humans, just that we are too blinded by our desires to use it.

  16. #76
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: What if one day, u came to realise the fact that...

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin
    yoz...u got nothing better to think about huh?

    Anyway ... things r right when after doing it u can eat in peace, someone knock on your door past midnight u will not jump and sleep in peace!

    Knowledge are just for your info only! What is important is your wisdom who is your real teacher! Follow it and you wont be wrong!!!

    A person with good wisdom might not be educated and vice-versa!

    Don't get me wrong hor ... i not implying u got know wisdom! coz eveyone is born wif it. It is just how much u used it.
    No lah. Dat time was thinking too much things and den suddenly this realisation came over me.

    Who is right? Who is wrong? If going by way of authority that whoever has the power is right and whoever doesn't have it is a slave to those in authority ain't we all simply slaves for The One wielding the most power? To what extent would there be absolute equal rights and power be distributed to all and what would happen in that scenario?

    A person who makes a decision to flatten the Amazon Rainforest (as we all know, its one of the 'last frontiers' where Green Conservation groups had made their bastion) to provide absolutely free housing, rice paddy fields as well as animal grazing farms may be seen as a saviour to the millions of starving folks in Inner Mongolia, Africa, DPRK as well as other famine struck areas. But to the Green Conservationists, he's seen as a destroyer of Earth, devil reincarnate, Satan, Lucifer and must be killed regardless of the cost.

    So, who's right who's wrong?
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  17. #77
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,156

    Default Re: What if one day, u came to realise the fact that...

    what truth, what false. what matter most is $$$$$$$$$$$

    let's go out and make more $$$

    cash is king

  18. #78

    Default Re: What if one day, u came to realise the fact that...

    still don't know what this thread is about.

  19. #79
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Heaven's Gate
    Posts
    664

    Default Re: What if one day, u came to realise the fact that...

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo
    what truth, what false. what matter most is $$$$$$$$$$$

    let's go out and make more $$$

    cash is king
    ......Honestly, I disagree with you but I accept your views and I am getting to know you better everytime you post.

  20. #80
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Eastern Part
    Posts
    306

    Default Re: What if one day, u came to realise the fact that...

    Quote Originally Posted by redstar19
    still don't know what this thread is about.
    WELCOME TO THE TWILIGHT ZONE.....HAA HAA HAA HAA HAA...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •