Thread: Fireworks at Marina Bay

Default Fireworks at Marina Bay

Happy New Year everyone....

Shots taken at Marina Bay showing some fireworks...a bit disappointing actually, I was expecting something bigger...well....

http://www.pbase.com/image/9899934

small but i found it a little more fotogenic - it was in close proximity and juxtaposition to the merlion .. so people standing at the esplanade side could frame it nicely with the lion ...

anyone did that?

actually wanted to go to the Merlion but its was really packed with people....would really like to see some shots taken from there...

Was at the Esplanade Bridge overlooking the merlion and one fullerton. Entire merlion bridge is cordoned off as the fireworks were fired from there. Rather disappointing though.

Regards
    CK

Hi

i included the merlion in my shots (i was shooting from the bridge) but i have this sick feeling the merlion is going to be burnt.......so it may not be such a good idea after all.....we shall see when the slides come back......

i just saw on CNN live the year 2003 being ushered in by New York City - spectacular awesome fireworks.....the Singapore one is pathetic in comparison. not asking for much, but can't they at least do something similar to the opening of the Esplanade?!?!
    David Teo
    View my work and blog at http://www.5stonesphoto.com/blog

sentosa fireworks seem to be much better saw on TV

Originally posted by ckiang
    Was at the Esplanade Bridge overlooking the merlion and one fullerton. Entire merlion bridge is cordoned off as the fireworks were fired from there. Rather disappointing though.

Regards
    CK
    took a cab back before the "born"

They overspent on the very grand, very spectacular fireworks during the Esplanade opening. It's indeed a pity I did not manage to capture its full glory that day.

Yeah, this new year fireworks are disappointing. A friend commented that it's more like 'big sparklers'. When the Emcee of the countdown mentioned "....pyrotechnics, also known as fireworks...." I was already half disappointed.

Hmm.... can someone tell them "pyrotechnics is not fireworks"?

Regards
    CK

Trevor_Tan
    Guests

Originally posted by Red Dawn
    i just saw on CNN live the year 2003 being ushered in by New York City - spectacular awesome fireworks.....the Singapore one is pathetic in comparison. not asking for much, but can't they at least do something similar to the opening of the Esplanade?!?!
    Even the fireworks at KL twin tower is better then here. Maybe next year (31 Dec 2003) we can organise a trip there and book a hotel near the twin tower. The price (for the hotel) I believe will much cheaper then Westin.

Default pathetic sparkles

Originally posted by oceanxp
    sentosa fireworks seem to be much better saw on TV
    There were a lot of people at Labrador Park waiting to see the fireworks at Sentosa; and me the stupid dumb dumb carried 2 tripods + 2 cameras (S602 and Oly IS 300) + 2 chairs + 4 cans of drinks + 1 bf, only got to see tinee tiny pissy 1st sparks of fireworks on Sentosa, after that the rest are sparkles . Those flares fired by vessels are much better looking than the fireworks from Sentosa. Oh forgot to mention, can smell the firework though. I have heard from a lot of people that they were very disappointed with the fireworks (sparkles!).

Trevor_Tan
    Guests

Default Re: Fireworks at Marina Bay

Originally posted by equinox
    Happy New Year everyone....

Shots taken at Marina Bay showing some fireworks...a bit disappointing actually, I was expecting something bigger...well....

http://www.pbase.com/image/9899934
    Well, I do find the firework you taken is great consider it is not a very great fireworks display. Hence it mean that even with a lousy fireworks if the man behind the camera know what he is doing, it is still possible to get great picture.

Default Re: Re: Fireworks at Marina Bay

Originally posted by Trevor_Tan

Well, I do find the firework you taken is great consider it is not a very great fireworks display. Hence it mean that even with a lousy fireworks if the man behind the camera know what he is doing, it is still possible to get great picture.

Thanks for your compliment....I sure hope there will be bigger and nicer fireworks coming our way...Chinese New Year perhaps? or maybe gotta wait till National Day