Thread: Anyone using Pacnet have frequent disconnection during the nite ??...

Default Anyone using Pacnet have frequent disconnection during the nite ??...

quite a number of times cannot surf for few hours during the nite....or izzit my line thats giving me problem...??

Default Re: Anyone using Pacnet have frequent disconnection during the nite ??...

i used to have it. and it drove me crazy.. but not anymore now..

cos I dumped them and switched to Starhub..
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Default Re: Anyone using Pacnet have frequent disconnection during the nite ??...

Oh yeah. Finally someone else who seem to be facing this problem. Thought I was alone when I keep calling them on their technical support line. Worse still, it takes about 20 to 40 minutes for them to answer the call.

i think they share line with Sinknet. Correct me if i am wrong.. Sinknet also having this problem.

Ocean sink (sunk)?

Stars high up, very safe.

Expensive to surf on the ocean. Easier to surf in the stars.

hai.... wat to do.... want to surf within the stars too, but on contract with the ocean....
    D70s-er Since 2005

I have been with Pacific Internet for around 12 yrs le. The pioneer batch. It is good!
    Wait when it launches the Wireless Internet, see who gets the last laugh.
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

i'll wait. I was with singtel magix one of the earlier subscribers to ADSL. Service was good. Until they decided to stop magix services and so I was transferred to the sink. It was ok for sometime until they competition got hot and service really sank.

So i jumped ship to the ocean.it was good for my first year of contract. Then shortly after i renewed it.. problems came. I did everything the helpline asked me to do. Relocate my computer, get a new micro filter, set this and that. Use a new telphone wire. Make sure NO telephone is connected to the same line (which made no sense cos I have a microfilter) but my line still got dropped.

After my contract ended, i told them I want to terminate.. they said "ok we'll send you the termination notice immediately" "what the.." I jumped to the stars for my 3rd year now and never regretted.

actually, it doesn't matter if the sink, the ocean or the space is better. as long as it works for you it's good just like some like it white, some like it black.. I'm talking about coffee

Never had problems, execept during their normal announced maintaince. Line will drop for about 10min, then back to normal. Quite happy so far, though Singnet seems to be giving better deals now.

yanyewkay, Now still have ST Magix right?

Just that it's only unlimited plan 512k for $200 per month

I'm a pacnet 512k user. Very happy with it.

Been using it for the 4th year. Do experience some disconnections, but the fault lies with SINGTEL.

DSL Signal dead, phone line dead. Gosh.. think I got this nearly 10 times in 2+ yrs.
    Other than that, my pacnet 512k speed matches my friend's singnet 1500

Quote Originally Posted by rinaldi86
    yanyewkay, Now still have ST Magix right?

Just that it's only unlimited plan 512k for $200 per month

I'm a pacnet 512k user. Very happy with it.

Been using it for the 4th year. Do experience some disconnections, but the fault lies with SINGTEL.

DSL Signal dead, phone line dead. Gosh.. think I got this nearly 10 times in 2+ yrs.
    Other than that, my pacnet 512k speed matches my friend's singnet 1500
    no lah. jumped off magix long ago already.. it's so expensive!

The ocean is too expensive for me. Switched to the stars.

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    no lah. jumped off magix long ago already.. it's so expensive!
    I c... but if u r willing to pay, magix ATM $200/mth is really good.

Very stable!

Oh well.. not sure if I'll jump to SNBB 3500 when my contract ends next yr.. have been resisting the temptation for years

Quote Originally Posted by rinaldi86
    I c... but if u r willing to pay, magix ATM $200/mth is really good.

Very stable!

Oh well.. not sure if I'll jump to SNBB 3500 when my contract ends next yr.. have been resisting the temptation for years
    Well .. i'm still a magix ATM user... speed isn't that good nowadays. Quite compareable to sinknet narrowband.

My other line seems to have better performance than sinknet.

Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    Well .. i'm still a magix ATM user... speed isn't that good nowadays. Quite compareable to sinknet narrowband.

My other line seems to have better performance than sinknet.
    Poorer speed stability at same price?

Your other line is starhub?

Well, hard for me to decide whether I should jump ship or not.

Singnet is pretty cheap, but speed stability isn't that great, and do they block port 21 and 80?

Starhub decent pricing, but many people complain of high latency, lag, etc. Furthermore they block tonnes of ports

Ahh.. ISP here just........ and costly!

My advise is, try not to get bonded for 2 yrs for now. There will be a price competition again once wireless internet is up. At that time, landed Broadband will dip in prices.
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog