Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45

Thread: Gym membership, how much did u pay?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    1,398

    Wink Gym membership, how much did u pay?

    Hi,
    anyone here joined any gym: California (CF), Planet (PF) or Fitness First (FF) before? What is the cheapest package that you manage to get?

    I heard that there is some promotion recently for lifetime memebership for CF about $2488+annual $98, but when i call them , they say this offer no more liao and they won't be offering it again.

    Pls keep this discussion to only the 3 gyms mentioned above and don't OT, as I not interested in others like SSC gym, CC gym, Safra gyms, neighbourhood park, condo gym,etc. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Local
    Posts
    1,609

    Default Re: Gym membership, how much did u pay?

    Paid about $4k for myself and wife..for a 4 years contract..CF during promotion.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    1,398

    Default Re: Gym membership, how much did u pay?

    Quote Originally Posted by soma
    Paid about $4k for myself and wife..for a 4 years contract..CF during promotion.
    So that's $2K per person for 4 years? Not bad, like $42 per month.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Local
    Posts
    1,609

    Default Re: Gym membership, how much did u pay?

    Quote Originally Posted by clicknick
    So that's $2K per person for 4 years? Not bad, like $42 per month.
    ya.. but i think i nearly 9month to a year never step in liao.. that come to about. $800-$1000 losses for both.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Canew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,229

    Default Re: Gym membership, how much did u pay?

    Quote Originally Posted by clicknick
    I heard that there is some promotion recently for lifetime memebership for CF about $2488+annual $98, but when i call them , they say this offer no more liao and they won't be offering it again.
    That is a VERY good deal.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Gym membership, how much did u pay?

    I pay $11xx.00 for a yr at planet fitness (parkway)

    Only CF got much better deal , student plan , peak/off peak , coporate , 3 times week etc ..
    as for PF is only 1 plan IIRC
    Last edited by simon80; 15th July 2006 at 01:23 AM.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    1,398

    Default Re: Gym membership, how much did u pay?

    Quote Originally Posted by simon80
    I pay $11xx.00 for a yr at planet fitness (parkway)

    Only CF got much better deal , student plan , peak/off peak , coporate , 3 times week etc ..
    as for PF is only 1 plan IIRC
    That works out to be $92/month. Do u have access to only parkway, or all the PF gyms?

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    1,398

    Default Re: Gym membership, how much did u pay?

    Quote Originally Posted by soma
    ya.. but i think i nearly 9month to a year never step in liao.. that come to about. $800-$1000 losses for both.
    Can't u transfer the membership to someone else if you decide not to go to gym anymore?

    BTW, your plan gives access to one gym or all CF gyms ah?

  9. #9

    Default Re: Gym membership, how much did u pay?

    only parkway

  10. #10

    Default Re: Gym membership, how much did u pay?

    Quote Originally Posted by soma
    ya.. but i think i nearly 9month to a year never step in liao.. that come to about. $800-$1000 losses for both.
    This is normal. After visit sometimes then stop going liao due to busy of work or too tire after work.

    Must have discipline and determination. Not easy.
    Last edited by JL1500k; 15th July 2006 at 08:19 PM.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Gym membership, how much did u pay?

    Can try go SAFRA Gym (Safra member cheaper) and paid by per visit basic.

    If go for one year commitment may end up drop out half way.

  12. #12
    Senior Member icarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East
    Posts
    3,874

    Default Re: Gym membership, how much did u pay?

    Used to go to FF plus... $138 monthly
    Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

  13. #13
    Senior Member icarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East
    Posts
    3,874

    Default Re: Gym membership, how much did u pay?

    Used to go to FF plus... $138 monthly


    My last club was PF.. forgot how much liao
    But facilities wise, FF is still tops (esp the Plus branches).
    PF not so good
    Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    1,398

    Default Re: Gym membership, how much did u pay?

    Quote Originally Posted by icarus
    Used to go to FF plus... $138 monthly


    My last club was PF.. forgot how much liao
    But facilities wise, FF is still tops (esp the Plus branches).
    PF not so good
    FF+ the best facilitites but also the most ex, $138 mthly ?

    I been inside CF and PF, seems like CF has better facilties, but also looks overcrowded. PF like less facilities but more locations. Price wise CF siao siao one, call different CF gym, talk to different person, at different times, can get different quotes. Some of the sales people just seem determined tro sell me the most expensive plan (calculated by per month average), they don't want to tell me about other plans.
    Last edited by clicknick; 16th July 2006 at 08:00 AM.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Local
    Posts
    1,609

    Default Re: Gym membership, how much did u pay?

    Quote Originally Posted by clicknick
    Can't u transfer the membership to someone else if you decide not to go to gym anymore?

    BTW, your plan gives access to one gym or all CF gyms ah?
    I think can transfer but might need to pay CF a fees.. Access all gym..

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Local
    Posts
    1,609

    Default Re: Gym membership, how much did u pay?

    Quote Originally Posted by clicknick
    FF+ the best facilitites but also the most ex, $138 mthly ?

    I been inside CF and PF, seems like CF has better facilties, but also looks overcrowded. PF like less facilities but more locations. Price wise CF siao siao one, call different CF gym, talk to different person, at different times, can get different quotes. Some of the sales people just seem determined tro sell me the most expensive plan (calculated by per month average), they don't want to tell me about other plans.
    Depend on which branch you go and the timing too.. Raffles go after office hour got many ppls but also many chick.. Orchard is alway crowded and Bugis is new too me, went there a few time only.

    If you really interested try to bargain lor..

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    1,398

    Default Re: Gym membership, how much did u pay?

    Quote Originally Posted by soma
    Depend on which branch you go and the timing too.. Raffles go after office hour got many ppls but also many chick.. Orchard is alway crowded and Bugis is new too me, went there a few time only.

    If you really interested try to bargain lor..
    I am going to the raffles one on 1 week trail now, lotsa chicks as u say. But end of the day is still the price that will affect my decision to join which gym

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Local
    Posts
    1,609

    Default Re: Gym membership, how much did u pay?

    Quote Originally Posted by clicknick
    I am going to the raffles one on 1 week trail now, lotsa chicks as u say. But end of the day is still the price that will affect my decision to join which gym
    ]

    Join safra..

  19. #19

    Default Re: Gym membership, how much did u pay?

    i've had trials at CF, PF & FF. and i stuck to FF

    i'm currently paying around $130/month minimum 12 month. when i first started i paid $150/ mth minimum 3 months but it was so good that i extended it. with my locker. thats another $20. and they also charge 5% GST on top of that.

    This is for passport membership plans. i get to use any of the 4 clubs in singapore(a new one is opening later this month at millenia walk, which makes 5) and any FF club in the world.

    at the fitness first plus they loan u free attire (shorts & teeshirt), there's a (20m)pool, 5-6 TV channels, unlimited classes for u to attend, free isotonic and soft drinks, coffee & tea, sauna & steam rooms. Super clean bathrooms, hairdryers, cotton wool and buds, hairspray, soap,shampoo, conditioner, plastic bags for your dirty clothes, a spin dryer for you wet swimwear, daily lockers with keys(u dont have to bring personal locks unlike CF),towels, free VCD rental, magazines, sundecks and sunchairs, free health test(for weight, fat% etc etc)

    the gyms are never 100% full and waiting time for equiptment is never long even during peak hours. there's always a list for evening and weekend classes so it will never be overfull.

    great service from them. of cause the price is great too. its cheaper if u sign up for the one club plan. so u only can use one club. recommeded you view all clubs before making the decision

  20. #20

    Default Re: Gym membership, how much did u pay?

    agree with silverfrond ~

    I may be visiting PF only 1-3 times a week but is just the kind of facilities u enjoy there.

    Free gym and bathing towel. The smart thing about PF is that the Gym membercard acts as a key to the locker. Just slot the card in and remove the key. Volia !~ no need to bring personal lock like CF.

    u get to see more babes and u get a virtual dose of creatine
    pump up the extra reps as well
    Last edited by simon80; 17th July 2006 at 01:16 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •