Thread: macro ring adapter

Default macro ring adapter

Is there a such thing call reverse ring adapter for DSLR so that newbie like me no need to buy a macro lens ??? i notice there's a thread similar like wat I ask but just can't find it ... had read the thread before ... can anyone pls help ???

Default Re: macro ring adapter

Quote Originally Posted by yumyum
    Is there a such thing call reverse ring adapter for DSLR so that newbie like me no need to buy a macro lens ??? i notice there's a thread similar like wat I ask but just can't find it ... had read the thread before ... can anyone pls help ???
    Yes, check the respective cam product catalog.

You can reverse mount your 50mm etc

YMMV

Buy a macro lens. Otherwise reverse mount 50mm as what longkangman has said. For serious macro, its best to save and buy one. I recommend the 90mm Tamron for a start. Cheap and Quality at $560.

For reversal ring, you can search for either PPCP or PQ23 I think they have it. Cheaper third party. For nikon, you can get the BR-2A for reversing 52mm filter thread lens.

Regards,
    tltan

There is. There are 2 ways to use reverse lens. Direct (inverse 50mm lens), or put inverse lens on front of lens. I prefer the second method one.

But, both method can not beat the real macro/micro lens photo's quality. Only the magnification can be bigger than 1:1.

Regards,
    Arto.

Quote Originally Posted by Artosoft
    There is. There are 2 ways to use reverse lens. Direct (inverse 50mm lens), or put inverse lens on front of lens. I prefer the second method one.

But, both method can not beat the real macro/micro lens photo's quality. Only the magnification can be bigger than 1:1.

Regards,
    Arto.

is it that i have to inverse directly the 50mm lens , means the cpu pins are outside.. ???
    I actually once read a similar thread bout reverse ring adapter and the setup, but just cant find them... sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Artosoft

Regards,
    Arto.

is it that i have to inverse directly the 50mm lens , means the cpu pins are outside.. ???
    I actually once read a similar thread bout reverse ring adapter and the setup, but just cant find them... sigh

yes. It means that the "reversed" lens' cpu ring is exposed to the outside. So the reverse ring has a thread that fits the front of your lens (where you have a uv filter on now) as well as a mount to mount it onto your body.

Blog Entries

do a google with keywords "reversed macro"

lots of information floating around

thanx A lot bro titan...just miss the setup.

Maybe the canon 500D could be use.

YMMV

Just use the real thing. Buy a true Macro lens. The T90 is a very good value for money lens.

Here's my advise. Dont get it. I had one last time. Used it a couple of times as it was just too troublesome to use. Just got my Sigma 105mm today

just got the adapter yesterday at CP MS, playing ard but find that cannot AF and zoom , and cannot activate the BI - flash... sigh

is Reverse Macro photography dun have the luxury of AF, Zoom and cannot mount SB800 to flash the subject ??