Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is car owner paying more for HDB hourly parking

Member/Tangshooter

Default Re: Is car owner paying more for HDB hourly parking

Quote Originally Posted by EOSFILM
    just accept the fact lah...i have already resigned to the fact that car ownership is ridiculously expensive in singapore.
    to live expensively in Singapore is not a fact..its a choice..and Singaporeans choose not to voice out...
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

If you know someone who drives a lorry, you can park your bike on the lorry at night.

Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz
    just some info..guess most of u guys here driving or riding..
    TP Big Operation till Sunday
    4 white unmarked volvo n honda from SecCom has been on loan to TP for traffic enforcement
    (SCW2049A, SCN7542Y, SBL2160X, SCK1309K)

Dun noe true a not, but just be careful..
    Its a hoax. Duno y some pple juz so free that they can send out such msgs. Several loopholes in the msg.

i.) TP will never loan any vehicles from private company. The Singapore Police Force has far too many vehicles.
    ii.) All operations will only be made known on the actual day and maybe to the last minute. Not beforehand.
    iii.) All number plates as listed is either de-registered or no longer on the Road
    iv.) Seccom does not have unmarked vehicles. Unmarked vehicles is only for Singapore Government use vehicles.

Just like if you can afford a big cc car like 2000cc regardless of size occupy on the road. The road tax is higher than small cc car.
    2000cc car road tax is $1550
    1000cc car road tax is $500.75

See the big different. To SG gov, if you can afford big car so they charge you more.

Another example, if you can afford 5 room flat so the rebate is lesses than those who stay 3/4 room flat.

Member/Tangshooter

Quote Originally Posted by JL1500k
    Just like if you can afford a big cc car like 2000cc regardless of size occupy on the road. The road tax is higher than small cc car.

See the big different. To SG gov, if you can afford big car so they charge you more.

Another example, if you can afford 5 room flat so the rebate is lesses than those who stay 3/4 room flat.
    Think they should revise the formula for road tax and parking charges..
    should base on category - goods vehicle, passenger vehicle
    & dimension of vehicle - length by width occupying a lane..

Quote Originally Posted by Teo
    For a simple calculation :
    Motorcycle pay $0.65 for 7am to 10.30pm

Lets say a car occupy 5 motorcycle lots, that means right fully for car should be charged at $0.65 X 5 = $3.25 for 7am to 10.30pm.

Currently car owner need to pay $1 per hour and for 7am to 10.30pm which comes to $15.50 (almost 5 times more of what it should be!!)

It is not an issue that car owner should pay more cos they can afford to buy a car.

Any thought of it?
    Very make sense. Yeap,..since car owner can afford to own a car,...hmm...won't mind paying more.

Member/Tangshooter

Quote Originally Posted by New Billionaire
    Very make sense. Yeap,..since car owner can afford to own a car,...hmm...won't mind paying more.
    How come most of u have tis concept? wrong, wrong, wrong..

Some ppl own car because the job requires a car, its not up to them whether they can afford a not..

Then how come annual increment is 3% across the board???
    Since that those earning high pay already have enough to spend??
    1000 up by 3% is oni 1030
    5000 up by 3% is oni 5150

talking abt income gap widening, and doing nothing abt it..if majority of the ppl fall in middle income grp..then there will be less family from low income to help..

doesn't justify...rich getting richer...

if there's one day all the poor dun work becos of low pay..do u think the rich can continue wif their luxury???

one more thing to note is COE..some ppl can change car every 2 year and started driving COE prices rocket high, why dun they create a system such tat everyone is not required to pay COE, but must drive the car till 10yrs is up..something like a queue system..

How come most of u have tis concept? wrong, wrong, wrong..

Some ppl own car because the job requires a car, its not up to them whether they can afford a not..

Then how come annual increment is 3% across the board???
    Since that those earning high pay already have enough to spend??
    1000 up by 3% is oni 1030
    5000 up by 3% is oni 5150

talking abt income gap widening, and doing nothing abt it..if majority of the ppl fall in middle income grp..then there will be less family from low income to help..

doesn't justify...rich getting richer...

if there's one day all the poor dun work becos of low pay..do u think the rich can continue wif their luxury???

one more thing to note is COE..some ppl can change car every 2 year and started driving COE prices rocket high, why dun they create a system such tat everyone is not required to pay COE, but must drive the car till 10yrs is up..something like a queue system..

Create a system such tat everyone is not required to pay COE?? SG GOV may want to earn more so why remove.

Some ppl can change car every 2 year because they are rich lor.

Only in SG, car can only drive up to 10yrs only. So buy a $300K car also no use! Only rich people can afford to spend this kind of money.

Just like in indonesia and malaysia, those high post people are always rich and those low class of people are always poor and remain poor forever.
    Last edited by JL1500k; 14th July 2006 at 05:58 PM.

aiyo..if tats the discount, i rather pay them back..i want my proper discount..

just some info..guess most of u guys here driving or riding..
    4 white unmarked volvo n honda from SecCom has been on loan to TP for traffic enforcement

Dun noe true a not, but just be careful..
    I think hoax lah. If they want to prowl, they can do so proudly with their white suit. Also, rented cars cannot chiong fast cos they can't mod with super charger and piggybacks.

BTW, i think we should refrain from suggesting more ideas to help them get rich. U might not know, there are alot of civil technocrats online sourcing for ideas to help shine shoes of bosses and big boss. Now, most dept's head are judged by kpi. No more lim kopi and shake shake leg. Hence, if wrong suggestion enlightened them, next thing we know is something sick is forced down our throat leaving us gaping for hot steam.

Today, i heard over radio discussion on turning electronic by removing coupon system. One gentleman put it very bluntly that going electronic will invite increased fees and thereby passing on their cost of investment to car/bike owners.

Already, living in spore is very tough whether working or doing biz. If only they can think creatively to put us on better competitive edge on global front. Giving free money is a very short relief, but structuring the economy right and helping local businesses (esp sme) bring us further.

Right now, we are being steered steadily into an induced inflation in our economy. Read this article if you are keen. http://www.financialsense.com/Market.../2003/1117.htm

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable

Already, living in spore is very tough whether working or doing biz. If only they can think creatively to put us on better competitive edge on global front. Giving free money is a very short relief, but structuring the economy right and helping local businesses (esp sme) bring us further.

Right now, we are being steered steadily into an induced inflation in our economy. Read this article if you are keen. http://www.financialsense.com/Market.../2003/1117.htm
    The best i ever read.. if the gov have more ppls like you rather than all the money sucking leeches, i could foresee a better future..

Quote Originally Posted by dawgbyte77
    If you know someone who drives a lorry, you can park your bike on the lorry at night.
    like this?

“How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

once u sign on purchase agreement, it's an endless commitment... insurance, road tax, parking, 'donations' to LTA/URA/HDB, petrol, ERP, settlement of accident claims (if suay)..the list goes on...

Someone mentioned that the general rule of thumb is that you should be earning at least 3 times more than the monthly expenditure on your car....although i've seen cases where ppl are really stretching it...driving a fancy sports make when the take-home pay is just barely enough to service the loan...

Sigh...when I think of the monthly installment of $900+ that I pay for my car every month, and the camera/lenses/accessories that I could otherwise spend on, it can get quite depressing...haha....

For $900+ every month, can buy 1 flash unit, upgrade faster speed CF card...2 months $1,900 can get tele-photo f2.8 lens, 3 mths $2,800 can get new D200 body...haha...

Monthly installment of $900 x 12 months = $10,800.
    $10,800 x 10 years loan = $108,000
    Cost of your car is about this much.

I think i better consider small car or van.
    Last edited by JL1500k; 15th July 2006 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JL1500k

Ya some logic......but sometimes no logic such as those no so rich car owner drives more than 10 years car and why they have to pay more for road tax???

i got this via SMS too, but not sure if the number are correct.

just yesterday alone, i saw TP WRX at pasir ris, kallang, AYE, CTE and PIE never encounter so many TP on the same day!!

it is also not fair that season parking at MSCP is $90 while open air is $60.

for the same amount of space, MSCP can park 5 times more cars, even offset the cost of building the MSCP, it should be still the same, or cheaper than open air carpark.

somemore, in my estate we have no other choice, in the end i pay $2 for night parking, 1 mth only $60
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    i got this via SMS too, but not sure if the number are correct.

just yesterday alone, i saw TP WRX at pasir ris, kallang, AYE, CTE and PIE never encounter so many TP on the same day!!
    come to think of it.... thurday night ~11:30pm also had 2 TP WRX on PIE(Jurong). 1 around Steven Road exit and 1 after Adam Road exit.

Quite a lot of WRX on the shoulder these few nights.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

what's WRX?

Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    what's WRX?
    subaru.

Ah beng's favourite car.

mai pai wa.......
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast