Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 63

Thread: Is car owner paying more for HDB hourly parking

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Local
    Posts
    1,609

    Default Re: Is car owner paying more for HDB hourly parking

    Quote Originally Posted by Lmodel
    No, they should make a bigger lift so riders can park their bike at home.
    hahaha....bigger life mean more money need to pump in.. they will increase the service charge.. bad idea.. maybe they should just increase the parking fees for bike..

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Jurong Island
    Posts
    1,124

    Default Re: Is car owner paying more for HDB hourly parking

    Quote Originally Posted by soma
    hahaha....bigger life mean more money need to pump in.. they will increase the service charge.. bad idea.. maybe they should just increase the parking fees for bike..
    Anyway aunties cant be bothered to summon bikes oso. If these aunties earn a commission of 0.5% per summon issued, they can get $0.15 for a car summon ($30 fine) but only $0.04 for a bike summon ($8 fine). Then might as well save more time to look for more cars to summon coz every 4 bikes summoned is equal to 1 car summoned in commission earned but the time it takes to summon is equal.

  3. #23
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default Re: Is car owner paying more for HDB hourly parking

    I stand in a carpark ... FREE

    Let's say a carpark lot can accomodate 50 me. Then 50 X FREE = FREE

    Like that dowan to pay liao.

  4. #24
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Is car owner paying more for HDB hourly parking

    you all don't spoil market

    if the motocycle riders pay less, then let them pay less lor
    if you choose to drive a car, you should already know about the parking charges

  5. #25
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Is car owner paying more for HDB hourly parking

    The one where I was at and saw the motorcycle park in the car lot, didn't impose parking charges for the bike.

    How ironic, the free one take the space for the paying one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lmodel
    Not true anymore... nowadays, many shopping centres installed the cashcard parking for motorbikes as well.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    home
    Posts
    620

    Default Re: Is car owner paying more for HDB hourly parking

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    The one where I was at and saw the motorcycle park in the car lot, didn't impose parking charges for the bike.

    How ironic, the free one take the space for the paying one.
    like that you should go feedback to the mall security and let them clamp the bike

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Jurong Island
    Posts
    1,124

    Default Re: Is car owner paying more for HDB hourly parking

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    you all don't spoil market

    if the motocycle riders pay less, then let them pay less lor
    if you choose to drive a car, you should already know about the parking charges

  8. #28
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: Is car owner paying more for HDB hourly parking

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    The one where I was at and saw the motorcycle park in the car lot, didn't impose parking charges for the bike.

    How ironic, the free one take the space for the paying one.
    Most shopping malls haven't impose parking charges for motorbikes..even if it is imposed the motorbikes will park along the walk path near the shopping malls..
    I remember clarke quay multi-storey carpark got once 4 bikes occupy 2 parking lots..so always got 2 cars driving round and round the carpark to look for the lots..since it won't show car park full..

    its always tis kind of ppl, helping us get more technological parking gadets..gps parking, gps for road usage coming very soon & RFID season parking..
    the surprising issue is, technological advancement suppose to be more efficient and cost saving..but prices keep increasing???
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Jurong Island
    Posts
    1,124

    Default Re: Is car owner paying more for HDB hourly parking

    Looking at the number of motorcycle lots vs carpark lots, there are clearly insufficient lots for the motorists. There are even some shopping malls that totally reject motorcycle and have no parking lots for the motorists.

    It's because of some drivers mentality that they are treating motorists like second-class road users, thus endangering them.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: Is car owner paying more for HDB hourly parking

    Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz
    Most shopping malls haven't impose parking charges for motorbikes..even if it is imposed the motorbikes will park along the walk path near the shopping malls..
    I remember clarke quay multi-storey carpark got once 4 bikes occupy 2 parking lots..so always got 2 cars driving round and round the carpark to look for the lots..since it won't show car park full..

    its always tis kind of ppl, helping us get more technological parking gadets..gps parking, gps for road usage coming very soon & RFID season parking..
    the surprising issue is, technological advancement suppose to be more efficient and cost saving..but prices keep increasing???
    the cost incurred for implementing the technology must be paid by somebody right?
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Local
    Posts
    1,609

    Default Re: Is car owner paying more for HDB hourly parking

    Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz
    the surprising issue is, technological advancement suppose to be more efficient and cost saving..but prices keep increasing???
    when they said that, it imply to them only..

  12. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Jurong Island
    Posts
    1,124

    Default Re: Is car owner paying more for HDB hourly parking

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    the cost incurred for implementing the technology must be paid by somebody right?
    Not really.

    One whom can afford paying so much money to buy a car and upkeep a car can keep the car in the carpark and use the public transport to avoid paying the costs of parking.

  13. #33
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: Is car owner paying more for HDB hourly parking

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    the cost incurred for implementing the technology must be paid by somebody right?
    long run surely earn one mahz..never see them give discount..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Local
    Posts
    1,609

    Default Re: Is car owner paying more for HDB hourly parking

    Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz
    long run surely earn one mahz..never see them give discount..
    you never took the discount meh..just before the election..

  15. #35
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Is car owner paying more for HDB hourly parking

    Yes I already did - but I didn't go back to check if they followed up on it.

    Quote Originally Posted by caseytan
    like that you should go feedback to the mall security and let them clamp the bike

  16. #36
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Is car owner paying more for HDB hourly parking

    That's what I thought too, but since I'm not a bike rider, I'll let the bike riders feedback on the charges.

    4 bikes in two lots...thats way idiotic...

    Next time, go put tissue paper and pour water all over his bike hehe

    Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz
    Most shopping malls haven't impose parking charges for motorbikes..even if it is imposed the motorbikes will park along the walk path near the shopping malls..
    I remember clarke quay multi-storey carpark got once 4 bikes occupy 2 parking lots..so always got 2 cars driving round and round the carpark to look for the lots..since it won't show car park full..

    its always tis kind of ppl, helping us get more technological parking gadets..gps parking, gps for road usage coming very soon & RFID season parking..
    the surprising issue is, technological advancement suppose to be more efficient and cost saving..but prices keep increasing???

  17. #37
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: Is car owner paying more for HDB hourly parking

    Quote Originally Posted by soma
    you never took the discount meh..just before the election..
    aiyo..if tats the discount, i rather pay them back..i want my proper discount..

    just some info..guess most of u guys here driving or riding..
    TP Big Operation till Sunday
    4 white unmarked volvo n honda from SecCom has been on loan to TP for traffic enforcement
    (SCW2049A, SCN7542Y, SBL2160X, SCK1309K)

    Dun noe true a not, but just be careful..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  18. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: Is car owner paying more for HDB hourly parking

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    That's what I thought too, but since I'm not a bike rider, I'll let the bike riders feedback on the charges.

    4 bikes in two lots...thats way idiotic...

    Next time, go put tissue paper and pour water all over his bike hehe
    I only see 2 car in 5 lots



    Image linked from http://parkingidiots.blogspot.com
    Last edited by yanyewkay; 14th July 2006 at 03:36 PM.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  19. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: Is car owner paying more for HDB hourly parking

    Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz
    aiyo..if tats the discount, i rather pay them back..i want my proper discount..

    just some info..guess most of u guys here driving or riding..
    TP Big Operation till Sunday
    4 white unmarked volvo n honda from SecCom has been on loan to TP for traffic enforcement
    (SCW2049A, SCN7542Y, SBL2160X, SCK1309K)

    Dun noe true a not, but just be careful..
    i got the same sms also and went on the prowl with my bike but couldn't find them
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  20. #40

    Default Re: Is car owner paying more for HDB hourly parking

    just accept the fact lah...i have already resigned to the fact that car ownership is ridiculously expensive in singapore.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •