Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Date stamp on the Canon A40 ?

  1. #1

    Default Date stamp on the Canon A40 ?

    Is there one ? Couldn't find it in the manual... Or is there any other software that does the job ?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Fernvale Road, Sengkang
    Posts
    395

    Default

    maybe the software that comes with it does?? for my fujifilm, it is there in the JPEG... you will have to insert it as a floating text before you save it to your harddisk.

    maybe the canon users here will be able to help you more!

    gd luck!
    Olympus E-3 / E-500 / XA | Vivitar UWS
    Blog & Photos

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    AMK
    Posts
    641

    Default Re: Date stamp on the Canon A40 ?

    Originally posted by ChinShiong
    Is there one ? Couldn't find it in the manual... Or is there any other software that does the job ?
    I use A40 also.
    I know we can get the date at EXIF info. I stamp the date myself on the pic if i want to show it. Tell me if there is another way the cam auto stamp the date.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Fernvale Road, Sengkang
    Posts
    395

    Default

    hmm... dun think that digicams will 'stamp' the time/date on the pic like normal film cams... the 'imprints' would have to be digitally superimposed on the captured image... now that would be a real challege...

    logically, digicams should capture this info in either the EXIF data or the file modified/creation date. The accompanying software should be able to let you put in the date to the picture.

    but then, i might be wrong... just thinking aloud...
    Olympus E-3 / E-500 / XA | Vivitar UWS
    Blog & Photos

  5. #5

    Default

    Some PC software I've found that does the date stamping job...

    1. A post in the Canon digital photography forum here recommended the use of BreezeBrowser which is able to add a watermark to an image by extracting EXIF data from the image itself.

    2. Photo Brush is able to add text among other options such as date and time stamp.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    AMK
    Posts
    641

    Default

    Originally posted by ChinShiong
    Some PC software I've found that does the date stamping job...

    1. A post in the Canon digital photography forum here recommended the use of BreezeBrowser which is able to add a watermark to an image by extracting EXIF data from the image itself.

    2. Photo Brush is able to add text among other options such as date and time stamp.
    I tried use BreezBrowser "proofs" to print water marks few times.... but i can't see it on pic?! Is it nvm show to user?

  7. #7

    Default

    Perhaps you've gotta tweak with the watermark settings ? I'm using Photo-Brush instead. Suits my purpose well

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    AMK
    Posts
    641

    Default

    Originally posted by ChinShiong
    Perhaps you've gotta tweak with the watermark settings ? I'm using Photo-Brush instead. Suits my purpose well

    R u NUS student?

  9. #9

    Default

    Nope... why do u ask ?

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    AMK
    Posts
    641

    Default

    Coz i hav 1 fren from NUS called chin siong.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •