Thread: Fireworks!

Default Fireworks!

Hi, Fireworks month is coming! So are there any plans to organise a group of oly people to go shoot fireworks?
    BTW, will ZD11-22mm be a good lens to shoot fireworks?

Cheers!

Default Re: Fireworks!

i don' have 11-22mm yet

hahahah.... i'm sure there will be!

can use kit lens? no other lens liao

Quote Originally Posted by u2nofear
    i don' have 11-22mm yet
    Is 11-22 necessary ?
    Visit my Homepage

Quote Originally Posted by selamatlzh
    Is 11-22 necessary ?
    not sure....

Quote Originally Posted by selamatlzh
    Is 11-22 necessary ?
    No need,i seen people stand very far but use 12mm,in the end only capture very small bursts.

buy if u have money!! hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by u2nofear
    not sure....
    yah, me too... not sure that's why ask the oly masters here lor... i think all lens also can lah, just that which one is the best one to use... i just got my 11-22 meh, so just want to check if that is the best lens to use.

Quote on best lens actually depends on your composition... 11-22 OR your kit lens is good enough if you are planning to shoot the fireworks from too close....... wide from a close distance will avoid unwanted lights getting reflected from lamp-post, compact flash, etc....

To comment on using wide from a very longer distance is not a bad idea as like I said it depends on your composition...And again its not wrong to have a small view of fireworks... with the surrounding area in picture you can actually judge the size of it....

Think & Plan properly before you shoot fireworks....go down, look at the location, do your home work on the settings that you plan, take some sample pictures a day before.... Last and most important, be there few hours early...
    Last edited by marlboro_guy; 14th July 2006 at 11:58 AM.

This is what taken last year...

Post One

Post Two

Post Three

That all.
    Last edited by Merciless_Knight; 14th July 2006 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marlboro_guy
    Quote on best lens actually depends on your composition... 11-22 OR your kit lens is good enough if you are planning to shoot the fireworks from too close....... wide from a close distance will avoid unwanted lights getting reflected from lamp-post, compact flash, etc....

To comment on using wide from a very longer distance is not a bad idea as like I said it depends on your composition...And again its not wrong to have a small view of fireworks... with the surrounding area in picture you can actually judge the size of it....

Think & Plan properly before you shoot fireworks....go down, look at the location, do your home work on the settings that you plan, take some sample pictures a day before.... Last and most important, be there few hours early...
    this photo is impress to me ..are u going to shoot firework again this year ?
    Last edited by u2nofear; 14th July 2006 at 11:52 PM.