Thread: Lynn

Default Lynn

Comments welcome

Default Re: Lynn

The stray hairs around her fringe in the first picture is a bit distracting and untidy. She has lovely eyes, you want to keep them your focal of attention. You, as a photographer, should take note of this. The model usually don't notice such things until you tell her so.

The second image is fine. Tone down the 'hotter' area at the upper top left-hand corner and on her left arm. It makes her arm looks fat.
    Last edited by photobum; 13th July 2006 at 06:48 AM.

I think there is no problem from technical aspect; consistent WB (although it is to warm for me... personal preference), correct AE, spot-on DOF and relative sharp focus. Composition wise is very safe; rule-of-third, eye contact, tilted head, no incorrect chopping of limbs, tight and pleasant composition. The only missing is the X-factor. I cannot describe this one, I just felt that the portrait is too ordinary or too safe. Overall, I would say good.

--Just how i felt --

Too yellow ( that how i felt )

, The first photo is nice .. if her neck is not turn so much .. maybe a little more comfort shot from the side .... The background is ok -- but cos the green and yellow is just so close in tone it look . kinda .. out of focus or rather the subject kinda blend into th background too much ..

The second shot is bamboo blind .. again is yellowish . .. mellow cream .. set the background and killing the subject .. --

Human have a kinda glow .. and it offen capture on photography .. which one look capture not only the emotion but also the attention of the viewer .. is that feeling that we are looking for ..

osix uvlux

Quote Originally Posted by Uvlux
    --Just how i felt --

Too yellow ( that how i felt )

, The first photo is nice .. if her neck is not turn so much .. maybe a little more comfort shot from the side .... The background is ok -- but cos the green and yellow is just so close in tone it look . kinda .. out of focus or rather the subject kinda blend into th background too much ..

The second shot is bamboo blind .. again is yellowish . .. mellow cream .. set the background and killing the subject .. --

Human have a kinda glow .. and it offen capture on photography .. which one look capture not only the emotion but also the attention of the viewer .. is that feeling that we are looking for ..

osix uvlux
    True. This is due to the JPEG conversion as the limit in upload size. The original is not as yellow.