Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Singapore PR (Malaysians) - Info needed

Default Re: Singapore PR (Malaysians) - Info needed

Also, education does not link one with the ability to land a job. Got nothing to do with over/under qualified. If you have a PhD why would you be applying for a ITC technician's post?

If you can't impress your interviewers during interview then you won't get the job. Get it?
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    Also, education does not link one with the ability to land a job. Got nothing to do with over/under qualified. If you have a PhD why would you be applying for a ITC technician's post?

If you can't impress your interviewers during interview then you won't get the job. Get it?
    Well said.

Oops ... my turn to OT

Sorry for the OT, ndroo, this is one of those misconceptions that is hanging around in many countries about migrants........it is too important to just let it go as it is. Otherwise these people will keep thinking the same way as they do, without even broadening their views.....

Quote Originally Posted by photobum
    Are you a government servant? If so, I see the reason why you and 'them' are humming the same tune. And carrying their generation bags.
    He he he, you don't seem to know who I am? I am not even a Singaporean! I am one of those FT's (what does it mean anyway? 'foreign traveller'?), yes I 'stole' your fellow countrymen job away, why? Because there were not many to do the job in Singapore! So, do you call it stealing away? The majority of foreigners working here are doing jobs that many singaporeans don't want to do........so, there was nothing to steal away anyway......but I am afraid you can't see this.

Am I intelligent? Probably not. Am I wise. Definitely. I can see ahead of time what Singapore will end up. So you say, fine, migrate then. No, Singapore is my motherland, way must I give way to these 'losers' who quit their own country.
    Are you saying here that your grandfather was a 'quitter' from China? If he wasn't a loser, why didn't he stay put in China in those days? You seem to forget easily that we are all MIGRANTS here........the only group of people I can think of who really has the 'right' to say what you say are some of the malays and those fishing people who are long gone. They were the ones who lived here in this land before all those others came, even many malays here came from other regions in Asia.

Although I am not a Singaporean (I was born in Indoensia, and grew up in Holland (not Holland Village), I do care about the situation we as Asians treat each other.......and this has got nothing to do with being part of a government that I can not even be part of since I am a foreigner, he he he

Hong Sien

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jeffhiew
    BTW, I hate to queue and squat outside of the High Comm, at 5am in the morning.
    5am??? When the High Comm was at the temp office near Funan, I thought that 6:30am was early until I got there and there was already 50+ ppl in the queue.

Understand that the High Comm has moved back to the old location but service standard dropped some more?? ... sheeshhh.

depends on the period, when close to school holidays or during school holidays, the queue will be super long.

remember when i renewed mine at high st, reach there about 7 i think, first/second in queue

hint: bring a baby along, or a small kid, they will let you take the number first.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren
    5am??? When the High Comm was at the temp office near Funan, I thought that 6:30am was early until I got there and there was already 50+ ppl in the queue.

Understand that the High Comm has moved back to the old location but service standard dropped some more?? ... sheeshhh.
    It's at Jervois Rd now. The last time I went, the procedure was different. Now, I've to go once to fill in the form, stick my photo ... and they'll give me a 'appointment' date. Then on that 'appointment date', I'll go submit photocopies of my IC etc (why cant I do that during the 1st visit???!!!) ... then they'll give me another date to go collect it. Duh! Three bloody half days gone.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by caseytan
    hint: bring a baby along, or a small kid, they will let you take the number first.
    That worked when my kid was < 2 yrs old. Now big already, have to queue like everyone else. Last year, when we renewed our passports .... man ... wait damn long in queue.

Quote Originally Posted by caseytan
    THose who has a baby or small kid can consider making some big $ 'renting' out the kiddos

Quote Originally Posted by ndroo
    THose who has a baby or small kid can consider making some big $ 'renting' out the kiddos
    ask Darren to have another one, then we can borrow

Quote Originally Posted by ndroo
    It's at Jervois Rd now. The last time I went, the procedure was different. Now, I've to go once to fill in the form, stick my photo ... and they'll give me a 'appointment' date. Then on that 'appointment date', I'll go submit photocopies of my IC etc (why cant I do that during the 1st visit???!!!) ... then they'll give me another date to go collect it. Duh! Three bloody half days gone.
    now so damn troublesome ? I think one of the security guards mentioned that it only takes 1 day in KL. Probably takes 3 days in other major towns.

Think would be better off take few days leave, go back to hometown and renew.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren
    That worked when my kid was < 2 yrs old. Now big already, have to queue like everyone else. Last year, when we renewed our passports .... man ... wait damn long in queue.
    Have you considered buying a life-size doll and wrap it up with a shawl and carry it like a baby to fool them?

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien
    He he he, you don't seem to know who I am? I am not even a Singaporean! I am one of those FT's (what does it mean anyway? 'foreign traveller'?
    You are not even a Singaporean. Therefore I don't think you are qualified to voice your opinions.

FT means Foreign Talent. Of which I don't see much talents in most of them other than breaking our laws, taking advantages of our country's legal system, causing and creating social problems.

If you read the newspapers these few years, you'll see:
    • Foreign maids murdered foreign maids - 4 cases so far.
    • FT employer murdered his mainland employee and his girlfriend - 1 case
    • Singaporean boyfriends murdered his mainland girlfriends - 2 cases
    • Foreign worker murdered mainland child - 1 case
    And I am positive more murders will be committed in the near future. Just stay tuned.
    • Mainland woman going into prostitution, selling their bodies at Geylang, Bugis, Chinatown and around our housing estates, nearby our schools even.
    Don't tell me this is OK. Singapore is not Indonesia or Holland. We cannot tolerate such things to happen in our society.
    Last edited by photobum; 14th July 2006 at 11:30 PM.

You are not even a Singaporean. Therefore I don't think you are qualified to voice your opinions.

FT means Foreign Talent. Of which I don't see much talents in most of them other than breaking our laws, taking advantages of our country's legal system, causing and creating social problems.

If you read the newspapers these few years, you'll see:
    • Foreign maids murdered foreign maids - 4 cases so far.
    • FT employer murdered his mainland employee and his girlfriend - 1 case
    • Singaporean boyfriends murdered his mainland girlfriends - 2 cases
    • Foreign worker murdered mainland child - 1 case
    And I am positive more murders will be committed in the near future. Just stay tuned.
    • Mainland woman going into prostitution, selling their bodies at Geylang, Bugis, Chinatown and around our housing estates, nearby our schools even.
    Don't tell me this is OK. Singapore is not Indonesia or Holland. We cannot tolerate such things to happen in our society.
    So, you are qualified? Not so after what you have been brabbling out here. I had respect for you for your knowledge of the technicalities of black and white printing (only the technicalities not the artistic side of it as I have not seen your images), but all that has sadly been overshadowed by a sadness cropping in me about your very very shortsightedness. I lived in Singapore from 1994 till 2003, and from this year March onwards, I think I lived here long enough to see what is happening around me.

Yes, there were some crimes in the past whereby foreigners were involved, but do you know how many more crimes were done by Singaporeans? And I believe more than 3x then the number of crimes done by foreigners (3:1 proportion of singaporeans: foreigners).....Those crimes that do reach the news media are the most 'interesting' ones, and off course when a foreigner is involved it likely will have a higher chance of being reported......you obviously have not counted the number of crimes done by Singaporeans, do you?

I can see here another case of piling up onto one bunch of all foreigners must be bad, and bringing vices with them, cause there is a visible group that do these trades. Does this mean Singaporeans are not in this business too? Who do you think their pimps are? This is just a very oversimplification of facts, and a very easy way out to just blame things on others......

I don't want to go into a Singapore vs foreigner war here, but you need to get your facts right brother!

Hong Sien

Are you going to kill me? he he he, sorry, I couldn't help it......

Hong Sien

...I lived in Singapore from 1994 till 2003, and from this year March onwards,
    Yeah right! Staying here for ten years or so, and you think you know Singapore and Singaporeans well. I stay here all my life (except for 10 years in the US) and I don't even know my own countrymen well. BTW, have you ever sang Mahjulah Singapura, or recite our national pledge? Do you even know every single word in our national pledge by heart and understand what they meant?

What does Singapore has got to offer for you? You are just another PR earning our SGD. Of course, taking away our jobs (just like you had mentioned earlier). Mind you, I have nothing against PRs. But for those who don't know much about other country and try to comment on its social structures and systems, well, sorry bro! I think you are better of staying in HK or Holland or Indonesia.

Singapore is way too small to offer you anything good, except the money you are making, and probably, some SPG sluts who are attracted to expats for some reasons.

P.S.: I would have kill you if our law permits, but I am not that kind of person who murder others over petty matters. I prefer to use my poison pen.
    Last edited by photobum; 15th July 2006 at 01:21 AM.

Oh.... by the way, I am going out-of-town this weekend. If you will like to discuss this matter further, I will be back on Monday evening. A short trip to Phuket will help clear my mind from all these insolent PRs, FTs and PDMMs.
    Last edited by photobum; 15th July 2006 at 01:17 AM.

I thought this thread have serve it's purpose.

Why not both of you hong sien and photobum open a new thread to talk about FT?

ndroo, why not you close the thread before turning into a flame baiting thingy.

Mods or Admin, hope you are not letting this go out of hand.

Yeah right! Staying here for ten years or so, and you think you know Singapore and Singaporeans well. I stay here all my life (except for 10 years in the US) and I don't even know my own countrymen well. BTW, have you ever sang Mahjulah Singapura, or recite our national pledge? Do you even know every single word in our national pledge by heart and understand what they meant?

What does Singapore has got to offer for you? You are just another PR earning our SGD. Of course, taking away our jobs (just like you had mentioned earlier). Mind you, I have nothing against PRs. But for those who don't know much about other country and try to comment on its social structures and systems, well, sorry bro! I think you are better of staying in HK or Holland or Indonesia.

Singapore is way too small to offer you anything good, except the money you are making, and probably, some SPG sluts who are attracted to expats for some reasons.

P.S.: I would have kill you if our law permits, but I am not that kind of person who murder others over petty matters. I prefer to use my poison pen.
    do you understand the lyrics of our national anthem?

Yeah right! Staying here for ten years or so, and you think you know Singapore and Singaporeans well. I stay here all my life (except for 10 years in the US) and I don't even know my countrymen well.

Singapore is way too small to offer you anything good, except the money you are making.
    You really think I took away jobs from Singaporeans? I think you don't know what job I was doing here: I was a research scientist (molecular biology) here at an international research institute. Do you know why Singapore asked foreigners to do these science jobs? Because there were almost no Singaporeans who wanted to do the job, and there were just not enough who did want or could to do it! You really don't know what you are brabbling about.......most science graduates in Singapore don't work in science, they do other things, why?

1. Because it doesn't pay well
    2. Long hours (typically from 10 AM till midnight, and often till 2-3 AM)
    3. Weekends we have to come back to the labs.....

Sorry to say, but most Singaporeans don't want to work like this......(don't ask me why).

And then there are those big group of FT's that build 'your' country: building workers, are they taking away jobs from Singaporeans? Photobum, tell me: how many Singaporeans can you find who want to do that kind of back breaking job, and with low pay?

Who want to do the work maids here do? Do you know the economic value these maids add to your country? Because they are willing to work for SGD 250-350/month, many families can have both parents working so that they can 'survive'. I say survive in brackets, cause I think most don't need to do this if they just live more modest. But thats offcourse an individuals choice.......which is perfectly all right.

Just imagine: if ALL foreign building workers would leave the country, what do you think will happen to the Singapore economy? It will just collaps (literally)! These building contractors just need them, cause there are NO singaporeans who want to do the job (other than supervising it)!

It is all about costs! and costs! This is exactly the same reason why those american companies outsource...but you probably don't (want to) understand this. With the money these companies save by outsourcing they can create more jobs WITHIN america!

The same as for these FT's: because the Singapore companies are able to do the job for not too expensive by hiring FT's, Singapore is able to build these buildings at a reasonable cost. Without the FT's these Singapore contractors would simply not survive! So, FT's ARE creating money for Singapore!

Same as for my past job: doing research work, Singapore is now a player in the scientific world. It is really sad to hear from people like you, that we worked our butts for Singapore and yet are not appreciated!

Hong Sien

And then there are those big group of FT's that build 'your' country: building workers, are they taking away jobs from Singaporeans?

Hong Sien
    They took Ah Du's job away that's why he turned to singing

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast