Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Singapore PR (Malaysians) - Info needed

Default Re: Singapore PR (Malaysians) - Info needed

Quote Originally Posted by sfthong
    Not only Malaysia passport, Singapore passport also the same.
    what do you mean? Singapore passport validity is extended from the expiry date, regardless of when you renew.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    So MCA and The Star are running the country now?
    running the best way to shout for complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by sfthong
    Not only Malaysia passport, Singapore passport also the same.
    U are wrong, my friend. Assuming your passport expires at end of Dec 06 and left only 6 months now. When you renew your passport in Jul 06, your new passport's expiry date is Dec 2011; not Jul 2011. I renewed my Sg passport early this year even though the expiry date was 9 months away (Sep 06) and my new passport's expiry is Sep 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by ndroo
    Another staff told us that it's because my wife's passport has only 1 empty page left, while mine has 2. What the heck? That's nonsense right? He went in and talked to his 'boss' and came out with the same crap reason.
    The lesson I learnt is, since renewal and new passport cost the same (RM$3xx for 32 pages), might as well get a new passport every 5 years. Though the process is longer, but at least no issue with the 1 or 2 empty page problem which you are facing now.

BTW, I hate to queue and squat outside of the High Comm, at 5am in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffhiew
    The lesson I learnt is, since renewal and new passport cost the same (RM$3xx for 32 pages), might as well get a new passport every 5 years. Though the process is longer, but at least no issue with the 1 or 2 empty page problem which you are facing now.

BTW, I hate to queue and squat outside of the High Comm, at 5am in the morning.

That's why I don't want my gf to renew her My passport here. She's back home now and I told her to renew it there where it's much faster and less hassle.

Pro_Image said that he knows some really powerful and influential ppl sitting on negotiation tables with our MFA on the water issue. I guess he might be able to help u guys get some *ahem*.

Or if u guys can mention names, perhaps u can get some special 'concessions'?
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by photobum
    Yes, of course. They are living next to my house now. Don't worry, they have rich Singaporean men to help them pay fines.

These PDMMs are cunning. They know how 'siam' and work around our legal system.
    Sorry mate, but I really feel sad you are putting these people on one pile. Maybe a small group (those that live in your area) are doing it this way, but that doesn't mean all of these mothers are doing this. Your comment really is biased and prejudiced and I hope you will change your mind........

Don't judge a whole group just by the action of a small group...........this is where many world tragedies start

Hong Sien

Got Chinese and Indian working in Malaysian High Com meh?
    You mean got apartheid there too?

HS

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien
    My old passport (not malaysian, but an alien to Asia one) expired on sept 2008, and when I renewed it in March 2006, my new passport is valid till March 2011. So, it is the total validity period (5 years) that you get, which is important.
    Has your passport got "International Model" stamp on it from the immigration dept?

You mean got apartheid there too?

HS
    I'm not really surprised if there is?
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Looks like Singaporeans and some Malaysians get a bonus of 6 months for their 5 years passport! I need to complain too at my alien embassy! This is not fair!

Hong Sien

Got Chinese and Indian working in Malaysian High Com meh?
    Just for your info: in the Dutch embassy the two ladies doing the passport things are Singaporeans......so, those people working in the Malaysian High Comm. could well be Singaporeans too! So, make your conclusions........

Hong Sien

Sorry mate, but I really feel sad you are putting these people on one pile. Maybe a small group (those that live in your area) are doing it this way, but that doesn't mean all of these mothers are doing this. Your comment really is biased and prejudiced and I hope you will change your mind........

Don't judge a whole group just by the action of a small group...........this is where many world tragedies start

Hong Sien
    These FTs are here to rob yours and mine livelihood. Plus generations to come. Are you not at all concern?

FYI, they are a very, very large group (more than 100,000 and growing). Not small ones like you said.

Oh I forgot, you are in HK. Singapore is not your turf now. Lucky you.
    Last edited by photobum; 14th July 2006 at 12:30 AM.

These FTs are here to rob yours and mine livelihood. Plus generations to come. Are you not at all concern?

FYI, they are a very, very large group (more than 100,000 and growing). Not small ones like you said.

Oh I forgot, you are in HK. Singapore is not your turf now. Lucky you.
    By the way: I am now in Singapore, and the above is really outrageous! You are such a short sighted person, and obviously not of much intellect! Many of these foreigners come here just to make a living, just like those singaporeans overseas. That there are some who maybe make a living in not so normal jobs, that is also normal. That you just put all those FT (whatever that maybe in your own vocabulary) in the same league, really shows how prejudiced and short sighted you are!

If you are a chinese (or whatever race) yourself, does that mean your foremothers were in the same league?..........

Secondly: if they are here to rob my and your livelihood: since when do I work in that line? Do you? So, are you a Tui Na too?

Hong Sien

And to just blame those foreign ladies who do marry locals, or do those massage jobs for everything, how about those men who visit them? Don't forget this is a market, there is a demand! Don't only blame those women, blame yourself too if you visit them.........

but obviously you don't see them......

And in the past there were many of our forefathers (maybe yours too) who married local girls...does that make them as bad as you project them to be?

Hong Sien

I've heard this a million times. To me, it's not a reason ... it's an excuse. Can't find a job ... find someone to blame. Period.

By the way: I am now in Singapore, and the above is really outrageous! You are such a short sighted person, and obviously not of much intellect!
    Are you a government servant? If so, I see the reason why you and 'them' are humming the same tune. And carrying their generation bags.

If not, you, your children and your grandchildren willl have to struggle very hard for the same slice of pie. If not for their English, these mainland nymphs are much smarter than our Singaporean children (yes, I admit this fact). But remember this, language barrier can be overcame. When this happens, you will definitely agree what I said today. Then you will realise who is the short-sighed one.

Yes, I am near-sighted (physically), but I travel far enough and live on this earth long enough to tell you these true facts. Yes, I am a Chinese. My great-grandfather was from China. He was a merchant who traded rubber and tin. A well-respected clansman of his times.

Am I intelligent? Probably not. Am I wise. Definitely. I can see ahead of time what Singapore will end up. So you say, fine, migrate then. No, Singapore is my motherland, way must I give way to these 'losers' who quit their own country.
    Last edited by photobum; 14th July 2006 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ndroo
    I've heard this a million times. To me, it's not a reason ... it's an excuse. Can't find a job ... find someone to blame. Period.
    Yeah... look at all those locals who graduated overseas from top universities. A relative of mine, a Cambridge and Oxford scholar, jobhunting for a whole year (main reason: he is 'too qualified') but working as an insurance salesman now. Look at those FTs. From 'God-knows-where' universities, or some even high-school dropouts, working as top executives, drawing handsome expat salaries. Would you still call these excuses or find someone to blame?
    Last edited by photobum; 14th July 2006 at 08:26 AM.

we hire lots of FTs to build the HDBs (dunno about you, but I stay in one). Our roads, basically all our constructions were built with FT hands. Domestic help don't come from local too. Some of these FTs roughing it out in the sites have degrees and qualifications from their homeland.

eh eh.. this thread is about passport not FTs or what not.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    we hire lots of FTs to build the HDBs (dunno about you, but I stay in one). Our roads, basically all our constructions were built with FT hands. Domestic help don't come from local too. Some of these FTs roughing it out in the sites have degrees and qualifications from their homeland.

eh eh.. this thread is about passport not FTs or what not.
    Ya lo ... kena OT until mad liao. Sad case

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast