Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 88

Thread: Singapore PR (Malaysians) - Info needed

  1. #1
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default Singapore PR (Malaysians) - Info needed

    Need some info on Malaysians who are Sg PRs. My & my wife just had our passports renewed at the Msia hi-comm (at Jervois Rd). Both our passports expire in Dec 06 and we renewed for another 5 years. In the new passports, my new expiry date says Dec 2011 ... but my wife's passport expires in July 2011. This means they gave her less 6 months, right?

    When we asked the staffs there, one told is it's based on the renewal month. This is crap because if that's the case, everytime we renew 6 months before expiry, we lose another 6 months?

    Another staff told us that it's because my wife's passport has only 1 empty page left, while mine has 2. What the heck? That's nonsense right? He went in and talked to his 'boss' and came out with the same crap reason.

    So I need to find out if any of you faced such problem before ... and best if there is any advise on who on earth can we write to?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: Singapore PR (Malaysians) - Info needed

    yes face same problem but no choice. just live with it.

  3. #3
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default Re: Singapore PR (Malaysians) - Info needed

    Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    yes face same problem but no choice. just live with it.
    Thanks for the reply. Oh so this is a 'common problem' ah. Damn, can't they get 1 thing done the correct way?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: Singapore PR (Malaysians) - Info needed

    Quote Originally Posted by ndroo
    Thanks for the reply. Oh so this is a 'common problem' ah. Damn, can't they get 1 thing done the correct way?
    aiyo......malaysian style mar.......hehe. if they go correct way, then how to earn money?

  5. #5

    Default Re: Singapore PR (Malaysians) - Info needed

    Not only Malaysia passport, Singapore passport also the same.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Singapore PR (Malaysians) - Info needed

    Quote Originally Posted by ndroo
    When we asked the staffs there, one told is it's based on the renewal month. This is crap because if that's the case, everytime we renew 6 months before expiry, we lose another 6 months?
    Yup, I'm afraid that's the truth of it as far as i know. we lose 6 months everytime we renew it. in theory, the passport with less than 6 months is still valid, i think even if less than 6 months, you can still enter malaysia with the passport. just don't expect to go another country with less than 6 months validity.
    never heard of the pages thing. i think the chap BS'ed you? like that if my passport never stamped at all, do i get a bonus month? you paid for a passport with 32 pages, what does it matter how many you used.....
    anyway, who did you ask? don't bother asking those bunch of guys who hang out at the photocopy machine/photography machine. they just hang out and talk but dun seem interested in anything. only can press the copy button on the copier. the counter staff more knowledgeable. or there was this fierce punjabi lady who controlled the queue when i was there. she seem to know her stuff.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: Singapore PR (Malaysians) - Info needed

    Quote Originally Posted by giddygoat
    Yup, I'm afraid that's the truth of it as far as i know. we lose 6 months everytime we renew it. in theory, the passport with less than 6 months is still valid, i think even if less than 6 months, you can still enter malaysia with the passport. just don't expect to go another country with less than 6 months validity.
    never heard of the pages thing. i think the chap BS'ed you? like that if my passport never stamped at all, do i get a bonus month? you paid for a passport with 32 pages, what does it matter how many you used.....
    anyway, who did you ask? don't bother asking those bunch of guys who hang out at the photocopy machine/photography machine. they just hang out and talk but dun seem interested in anything. only can press the copy button on the copier. the counter staff more knowledgeable. or there was this fierce punjabi lady who controlled the queue when i was there. she seem to know her stuff.
    yeah but still you can't do much about it lei.....6 months less means a goner or one page left also goner.....

  8. #8
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default Re: Singapore PR (Malaysians) - Info needed

    Quote Originally Posted by sfthong
    Not only Malaysia passport, Singapore passport also the same.
    Oh, no ... no the 6 month validity issue. Read my post again and you'll understand my problem.

  9. #9
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default Re: Singapore PR (Malaysians) - Info needed

    Quote Originally Posted by giddygoat
    Yup, I'm afraid that's the truth of it as far as i know. we lose 6 months everytime we renew it. in theory, the passport with less than 6 months is still valid, i think even if less than 6 months, you can still enter malaysia with the passport. just don't expect to go another country with less than 6 months validity.
    never heard of the pages thing. i think the chap BS'ed you? like that if my passport never stamped at all, do i get a bonus month? you paid for a passport with 32 pages, what does it matter how many you used.....
    anyway, who did you ask? don't bother asking those bunch of guys who hang out at the photocopy machine/photography machine. they just hang out and talk but dun seem interested in anything. only can press the copy button on the copier. the counter staff more knowledgeable. or there was this fierce punjabi lady who controlled the queue when i was there. she seem to know her stuff.
    I asked the counter staffs lor. Only an uncle controlling the queue (he blur like sotong). So when we asked the 2nd staff, he went in and check with his 'boss'. Came out with the 'reason' lor

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: Singapore PR (Malaysians) - Info needed

    Quote Originally Posted by ndroo
    Oh, no ... no the 6 month validity issue. Read my post again and you'll understand my problem.
    ok got it.....i guess it's time to go back BUT it will be a big hassle, especially with our passports. You confirm it expires DEC 06? From what i know now, if you renew NOW, they will only give you until July 2011 and not Dec 2011. Because once you surrender your old passport, even the pages have not finish but have expired or pages finish but not expired, they will only start counting from July 06 until July 2011.

    In fact you have earn extra 6 months lar.....

    I think they must have made a mistake.......either that they are lenient to give you additional months.
    Last edited by Pro Image; 12th July 2006 at 10:34 PM.

  11. #11
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default Re: Singapore PR (Malaysians) - Info needed

    Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    ok got it.....i guess it's time to go back BUT it will be a big hassle, especially with our passports. You confirm it expires DEC 06? From what i know now, if you renew NOW, they will only give you until July 2011 and not Dec 2011. In fact you have earn extra 6 months lar.....

    I think they must have made a mistake.......either that they are lenient to give you additional months.
    That's weird, my friends who renewed theirs got a full 5 years leh

  12. #12
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default Re: Singapore PR (Malaysians) - Info needed

    Guess now LL lor, just live with it. LOL. Just a bit mega ultra pissed, after going there 3 times!!! Mad procedure eh? Wasted 3 half days ... Grrrr!

  13. #13

    Default Re: Singapore PR (Malaysians) - Info needed

    Quote Originally Posted by ndroo
    Need some info on Malaysians who are Sg PRs. My & my wife just had our passports renewed at the Msia hi-comm (at Jervois Rd). Both our passports expire in Dec 06 and we renewed for another 5 years. In the new passports, my new expiry date says Dec 2011 ... but my wife's passport expires in July 2011. This means they gave her less 6 months, right?

    When we asked the staffs there, one told is it's based on the renewal month. This is crap because if that's the case, everytime we renew 6 months before expiry, we lose another 6 months?

    Another staff told us that it's because my wife's passport has only 1 empty page left, while mine has 2. What the heck? That's nonsense right? He went in and talked to his 'boss' and came out with the same crap reason.

    So I need to find out if any of you faced such problem before ... and best if there is any advise on who on earth can we write to?
    Write what? Pay the fella some extra personal money, or give him some other form of gratuity. That always works. You're not of the favoured race of course, that's why.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Singapore PR (Malaysians) - Info needed

    Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    aiyo......malaysian style mar.......hehe. if they go correct way, then how to earn money?
    Care to elaborate your point? I bet the people in the Msia hi-comm will be interested in your statement.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,529

    Default Re: Singapore PR (Malaysians) - Info needed

    Quote Originally Posted by ndroo
    Need some info on Malaysians who are Sg PRs. My & my wife just had our passports renewed at the Msia hi-comm (at Jervois Rd). Both our passports expire in Dec 06 and we renewed for another 5 years. In the new passports, my new expiry date says Dec 2011 ... but my wife's passport expires in July 2011. This means they gave her less 6 months, right?

    When we asked the staffs there, one told is it's based on the renewal month. This is crap because if that's the case, everytime we renew 6 months before expiry, we lose another 6 months?

    Another staff told us that it's because my wife's passport has only 1 empty page left, while mine has 2. What the heck? That's nonsense right? He went in and talked to his 'boss' and came out with the same crap reason.

    So I need to find out if any of you faced such problem before ... and best if there is any advise on who on earth can we write to?
    I face the same problem too..but no point arguing with them. because u will end up having 2 fool arguing there.

    The best place to complaint ,

    a) see Michael Chong (MCA Building in KL) physically
    b) write to The Star

    Let;s the media to pressure them.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: Singapore PR (Malaysians) - Info needed

    Quote Originally Posted by rayshade
    Care to elaborate your point? I bet the people in the Msia hi-comm will be interested in your statement.
    Then sent this link to them lor......

    If you are thinking of the word bribing, then you are obviously very wrong lor.....

    A Malaysian International PP cost a lot. A lot more than other countries PP. So they will encourage for renewal.
    Last edited by Pro Image; 12th July 2006 at 10:49 PM.

  17. #17
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Former CS Senior Member
    Posts
    3,059

    Default Re: Singapore PR (Malaysians) - Info needed

    Quote Originally Posted by kahheng
    Write what? Pay the fella some extra personal money, or give him some other form of gratuity. That always works. You're not of the favoured race of course, that's why.
    hmn..... you haven't get caught before i guess.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: Singapore PR (Malaysians) - Info needed

    Quote Originally Posted by kahheng
    Write what? Pay the fella some extra personal money, or give him some other form of gratuity. That always works. You're not of the favoured race of course, that's why.
    Yeah obviously you have not get caught yet.

  19. #19
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default Re: Singapore PR (Malaysians) - Info needed

    Ah ... guys ... relax ... relax. ... later thread kena deleted lor. Looks like this is a 'normal' case lah? Argh ...

  20. #20

    Default Re: Singapore PR (Malaysians) - Info needed

    Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    Then sent this link to them lor......
    cannot elaborate huh?... then think before u speak lor

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •