Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good walkaround lens for Canon 30D

Default Re: Good walkaround lens for Canon 30D

Quote Originally Posted by jdredd
    check with oracle. he has a lot in stock now for $128.
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=199877

alternatively, call ms color see if they have stock.

btw, that quote for the 1.4 at $360 is damn cheap! care to give the name of the shop?
    later i take the name card he given me from my car and let you know.

Btw, thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by TitanPua
    Hi,
    Newbie here. Just bought a Canon 30D. Saw some one post "Good walkaround lens for Canon 350d", so thinking of ask any recommandation for Canon 30D?
    Bought this main purpose is for taking photo for my new born baby. But the kit lens not good enough.
    Thanks for advice.

If I am you, I would get the 580ex speedlight. Bounce the flash, no problem to baby's eyes. 580ex + 30d + kit lens is good enough for baby photo. With 50mm, indoor, you have to use wide aperture. The depth of field will be too small. Part of the baby's body will be blurred. And at 50mm, you will have to stand a few feet away from the baby to get a full body shot.

Some people very scared of using flash on a baby so the best choice is a fast prime lens either a 50/1.8, 50/1.4, 35/2 or sigma 30/1.4. All these fast primes are easy to use because of the fast shutter speed it allows you to shoot indoors at low light condition.
    http://singaporephoto.blogspot.com

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by honda
    Some people very scared of using flash on a baby so the best choice is a fast prime lens either a 50/1.8, 50/1.4, 35/2 or sigma 30/1.4. All these fast primes are easy to use because of the fast shutter speed it allows you to shoot indoors at low light condition.
    http://singaporephoto.blogspot.com
    Try 85 f/1.2L

Quote Originally Posted by TitanPua
    Thanks for yours guy info.

Yesterday went to Sim Lim to look for this. Because of AP bad service(everybody is ignoring me), so i went to another shop (Forgotten the name), they not selling the EF 50mm f/1.8 II only EF 50mm f/1.4 USM which cost $360.

Anybody know where can buy the EF 50mm f/1.8?

He let me try for the EF-S 17-85 IS, like this lens very much. but expensive. $1080.
    Try sigma 17-70 less expensive @$600.00 Interms of distortion, CA it is better than 17-85 IS and you can use aperature 2.8 at 17-20mm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12