Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: LightSphere II Inverted Dome Diffusion System

Default Re: LightSphere II Inverted Dome Diffusion System

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    no worries. but i bet ur pro fren has not used the lightsphere as often and as long as i did.
    Cheese,
    U are really passionate abt the item. Know the item so well. Gary shd employ u to become his sales rep. Sure gd investment.

But really. Cheese, u are a gd classic example of how a sales person shd be. If every camera shop has pp like u who speak with such conviction and knowledge like u, many photographers would make an informed choice. With pp who speak with such conviction, I am sure, sales will be gd. Unfortunately, this is not the case in most shops

no prob Cheescake san. Peace be unto all.

Quote Originally Posted by CreaXion
    Cheese,
    U are really passionate abt the item. Know the item so well. Gary shd employ u to become his sales rep. Sure gd investment.

But really. Cheese, u are a gd classic example of how a sales person shd be. If every camera shop has pp like u who speak with such conviction and knowledge like u, many photographers would make an informed choice. With pp who speak with such conviction, I am sure, sales will be gd. Unfortunately, this is not the case in most shops
    no worries.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Deregistered

And has anyone watched the video I posted links for?

Watch it first, to learn relation of distance from camera to subject and light source size.

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable
    no prob Cheescake san. Peace be unto all.
    no worries.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by sehsuan
    And has anyone watched the video I posted links for?

Watch it first, to learn relation of distance from camera to subject and light source size.
    Not enough bandwidth. Keep stalling. Gave up.

Deregistered

If you want to miss a great lesson on lighting, I'm not stopping you. Hopefully you will try to download the video at work. The video covers the "how" to do portraits, The Sporting News way, by Robert Seale. Most websites online only have photos + words, videos are not frequently found.

My SCV connection gave no problem. Are you on Singnet Broadband?

Must I always need to put this this or this to let other knows that I'm telling something funny??
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by sehsuan
    If you want to miss a great lesson on lighting, I'm not stopping you. Hopefully you will try to download the video at work. The video covers the "how" to do portraits, The Sporting News way, by Robert Seale. Most websites online only have photos + words, videos are not frequently found.

My SCV connection gave no problem. Are you on Singnet Broadband?
    Yeah. Singnet.

Good video u have there. Thanks for sharing man. Wonder if we can import those beauties over... they sure know how to tilt n turn. So, this is sports photography ya.

Deregistered

More feasible videos here:
    http://www.sportsshooter.com/special_feature/

CS is a generally free site, SS is a paid-membership site. But SS has more videos from working pros; very worth supporting with USD25 a year.

Thanks for sharing sehsuan! I find this video very useful and easy to understand as well:
    http://www.sportsshooter.com/special...ght/index.html
    Videographer @ A Merry Moment

Deregistered

Pleasure's mine. I forgot I downloaded the Joey Terrill tutorial before. Isn't it fun to understand how simple it is regarding lighting the subject after watching?

Another thing not to forget... remember that lines travel in straight lines. Each time you look at a photo... trace backwards where the shadows to the edge is, then you can reconstruct where the light source roughly is, along with the size.
    Last edited by sehsuan; 13th July 2006 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    Must I always need to put this this or this to let other knows that I'm telling something funny??
    Bro, only photographers will get the joke lar......too many IT people in here who is too serious. Trust me, I got the joke the minute you posted on the swivel thingy......

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    Bro, only photographers will get the joke lar......too many IT people in here who is too serious. Trust me, I got the joke the minute you posted on the swivel thingy......
    Thank goodness, else I'll feel so boring in CS.

Ok, back to the LS thingy,
    This thing is invented by a wedding photographer, and use by many wedding photographers, so no doubt it works well in event shooting.

But, still a lot of photographers are not into it. All I can said it is up to individual, but to me, this is the best thing that I can find now, been shooting countless weddings, have used omnibounce, ceiling bounce, small bounce card, big bounce card, now settle for this.

And the most important is, like what Pro Image says, understand the basic lighting techniques to light up a subject.

There is no way that if you put on the LS on your flash, your pictures will be perfect.
    Remember this, the LS is just a diffuser, not a magic wand.

Ok, back to the LS thingy,
    This thing is invented by a wedding photographer, and use by many wedding photographers, so no doubt it works well in event shooting.

But, still a lot of photographers are not into it. All I can said it is up to individual, but to me, this is the best thing that I can find now, been shooting countless weddings, have used omnibounce, ceiling bounce, small bounce card, big bounce card, now settle for this.

And the most important is, like what Pro Image says, understand the basic lighting techniques to light up a subject.

There is no way that if you put on the LS on your flash, your pictures will be perfect.
    Remember this, the LS is just a diffuser, not a magic wand.
    Yep and don't forget if you are shooting a wedding/event, your reaction has to be much faster pace. Not saying using a LS is not visible but most important is each and every individual photographer has their own way to light up their subjects.

Some says LS is like a miracle and some says it's too clumsy. I have seen photographer using LS without using the dome. Some have modified in a way to suit their style of shooting.

Depends on your style of lighting up your subject. Some like to use LS as side light, some top light/bounce light and some just direct but diffused. There are not right or wrong in using any camera/flash accessories but should at least know basic guidelines.

Yes, LS is use without the dome most of the time, the dome is meant for use in low ceiling and aim direct.

Actually the LS is not an orginal idea, during the days of SB28, many photographers been using omnibounce, and some photographers find the omnibounce has limitations, some try cut away the top of omnibounce, some try using a polyform coffee cup.
    only about one or two years back the LS is been invented by Gary Fong, thanks to him, else some of us still shooting with a coffee cup.

Yes, LS is use without the dome most of the time, the dome is meant for use in low ceiling and aim direct.

Actually the LS is not an orginal idea, during the days of SB28, many photographers been using omnibounce, and some photographers find the omnibounce has limitations, some try cut away the top of omnibounce, some try using a polyform coffee cup.
    only about one or two years back the LS is been invented by Gary Fong, thanks to him, else some of us still shooting with a coffee cup.
    My friend shoot with socks, tissue last time to diffuse the light.

Thanks for the information though. Informative enough for me to buy the item. Any pics of how it looks without the dome?

From Gary Fong's site

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234