Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where got good deal for dry cabinet

Deregistered

Default Re: Where got good deal for dry cabinet

Quote Originally Posted by satay16
    what's the price diff between a DHC and AD 100L? and also, was looking at the website pic, dun really see how i am supposed to put the 70-200 inside. is it must take out one tray to fit this lens?
    I leave mine lying across on a tray. Don't think you want to sacrifice a tray space just to leave your 70-200 standing up.

Quote Originally Posted by _espn_
    I leave mine lying across on a tray. Don't think you want to sacrifice a tray space just to leave your 70-200 standing up.
    oh is see ..

well, right now in nort of a tight budget, is there any major sacrifice if i choose the AD rather than the DHC? i mean, dun really see the need to keep adjusting the humidity right? just set at lowest humidity then leave it alone can liao?

Deregistered

I would still go for DHC, a good robust cabinet goes a long way. I'm sure very glad didn't choose AD for my cabinet.

Quote Originally Posted by satay16
    oh is see ..

well, right now in nort of a tight budget, is there any major sacrifice if i choose the AD rather than the DHC? i mean, dun really see the need to keep adjusting the humidity right? just set at lowest humidity then leave it alone can liao?
    It is all depends on you.

The DigiCabi pro series (DHC) is good if you are pro (open your DryCab too often maybe... ). Since the pro series will bring down humidity inside DryCab to the set level faster, and maintain the humidity well at the set level. Humidity inside DryCab will not going down than the set level.

The DryCab non-pro series (AD or else) will need you to adjust the humidity power by trial and error (knob inside the DryCab) to set the Humidity inside the DryCab to your preferred level. It might need 1 or more full day(s) to reach your preferred level. Worse, rainy days, inside air-cond room, will affect the humidity level a bit (you can see variation 1 or 2% RH).

DigiCabi pro series is for 'peace of mind', while non-pro series is 'a good value for money'.

IMHO, it is better also to turn off the DryCab power (not sure for pro series, but in non-pro series) if you open the DryCab door for long time, since with the open door, the humidizer unit is work for nothing.

Regards,
    Arto.

Quote Originally Posted by Artosoft

IMHO, it is better also to turn off the DryCab power (not sure for pro series, but in non-pro series) if you open the DryCab door for long time, since with the open door, the humidizer unit is work for nothing.

Regards,
    Arto.
    Care to share your experience on above for the non-pro series as I having both AD and DHC and didnt make any different.

I am sure that the AD series off by a little percent but not really hurt.
    Anyway different make of RH controller could provide reading off by a little.

YMMV

I think for any dry cabinet you probably do not want to turn off the power ??.
    If cabinet is open for longer than usual, don't you want it back to correct humidity when closed ?.
    Just used it like a refrigerator some times door open longer, temp slightly diff from settings also we never switch off the power what.
    I don't know but I leave it on 24/7 365 days, just like a refrigerator.

It is all depends on you.

The DigiCabi pro series (DHC) is good if you are pro (open your DryCab too often maybe... ). Since the pro series will bring down humidity inside DryCab to the set level faster, and maintain the humidity well at the set level. Humidity inside DryCab will not going down than the set level.

The DryCab non-pro series (AD or else) will need you to adjust the humidity power by trial and error (knob inside the DryCab) to set the Humidity inside the DryCab to your preferred level. It might need 1 or more full day(s) to reach your preferred level. Worse, rainy days, inside air-cond room, will affect the humidity level a bit (you can see variation 1 or 2% RH).

DigiCabi pro series is for 'peace of mind', while non-pro series is 'a good value for money'.

Regards,
    Arto.

im also considering buying a Dry Cabi.
    thinking of the AD series. if not accurate, we can always buy another meter put inside right?
    btw, does the pro series use dry cell batteries for the digital meter/controls?
    Photo Album - Photo Album

Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafein
    im also considering buying a Dry Cabi.
    thinking of the AD series. if not accurate, we can always buy another meter put inside right?
    btw, does the pro series use dry cell batteries for the digital meter/controls?
    no.

YMMV

ohhh, ic.... thanks.
    if need to use dry cell batt then very mafan le lol

hmm i tihnk u guys might have gotten confused with the series.

AD: analog control by turning knob
    HD: digital control (outside cabi) tat uses dry cell
    HDC: digital control (pro-series)

hmmm cant decide which to get....
    longkangman said not much difference leh.
    if i buy analog, will be getting the HD series, since AD series needs to use dry cell. for digital, im looking at DHC.

some commented that its troublesome to adjust the HD series since the knob is inside the cabi, have to open and adjust and its by trial and error. but this adjusting is a 1-time thing right for first time? aftre tat no need to touch knob already mah....

Quote Originally Posted by longkangman
    Care to share your experience on above for the non-pro series as I having both AD and DHC and didnt make any different.

I am sure that the AD series off by a little percent but not really hurt.
    Anyway different make of RH controller could provide reading off by a little.

YMMV
    The de-humidizer unit is a peltier device, semiconductor that will be hot and cold on each side when given DC power. The cold side of peltier will condense 'water in air' inside the DryCab, and sponge will bring it outside, and use the hot side of peltier to evaporate the water. Sponge also act as an air seal, so only water can go through, but not air. Clever !

When the DryCab's door open, the humidity inside DryBox is as your room's humidity. Your DryCab's de-humidizer unit will work hard, but will not bring down the humidity inside the DryCab to the preferred level. It works for nothing!

The amount of water condensed from air will increase and peltier's hot side is not enough to evaporate it. Thus, water will leakage. Create another problem like rust.

Same thing happen if the door's seal or de-humidizier unit's seal (or the glass/acrylic panel) is damage.

If the door is open only for a short while, it is ok. But for long time...? I hope my theory is make sense .

Edit: it is de-humidizer unit, not humidizer unit.

Regards,
    Arto.
    Last edited by Artosoft; 13th July 2006 at 07:43 AM.

The humidizer unit is a peltier device, semiconductor that will be hot and cold on each side when given DC power. The cold side of peltier will condense 'water in air' inside the DryCab, and sponge will bring it outside, and use the hot side of peltier to evaporate the water. Sponge also act as an air seal, so only water can go through, but not air. Clever !

When the DryCab's door open, the humidity inside DryBox is as your room's humidity. Your DryCab's humidizer unit will work hard, but will not bring down the humidity inside the DryCab to the preferred level. It works for nothing!

The amount of water condensed from air will increase and peltier's hot side is not enough to evaporate it. Thus, water will leakage. Create another problem like rust.

Same thing happen if the door's seal or humidizier unit's seal (or the glass/acrylic panel) is damage.

If the door is open only for a short while, it is ok. But for long time...? I hope my theory is make sense .

Regards,
    Arto.
    ehh so does this applies to the HD, AD, or HDC series? or issit all the series? me blur le

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis
    I think for any dry cabinet you probably do not want to turn off the power ??.
    If cabinet is open for longer than usual, don't you want it back to correct humidity when closed ?.
    Just used it like a refrigerator some times door open longer, temp slightly diff from settings also we never switch off the power what.
    I don't know but I leave it on 24/7 365 days, just like a refrigerator.
    The Refrigerator is different. It need motor to create pressure so the cooler liquid can release the heat. Motor should not on or off frequently, since it need much power to start rotate.

Also, the refrigerator purpose is to create 'cold', while DryCab purpose is to create 'lower/preferred Humidity'. 'Cold' can stay when you open the refrigerator's door, but how about the 'lower humidity'?

Beside, if you open refrigerator for say 1 day, you might as well turn it off .

Regards,
    Arto.
    Last edited by Artosoft; 11th July 2006 at 02:18 PM.

ehh so does this applies to the HD, AD, or HDC series? or issit all the series? me blur le
    IMHO, since all the modern DryCab now use peltier technology as a de-humidizer unit, I rather say it is applied to all.

I might be wrong, so please someone give feedback.

Regards,
    Arto.
    Last edited by Artosoft; 13th July 2006 at 07:44 AM.

AD: Digital Humidity Display (non pro series). Use battery for Humidity display unit.
    HD: Analog Humidity Display (non pro series).
    DHC: Digital Humidity Control (pro series). No need battery, since the Humidity display (and also as a humidity control) get power from humidizer unit.

Non-pro series: use knob inside DryCab to control de-humidity power. Trial and error to get the preferred humidity set level.
    Pro series: Use feedback control for accuracy and faster humidity control. Set from outside DryCab. No need trial and error.

Regards,
    Arto.
    Last edited by Artosoft; 13th July 2006 at 07:45 AM.

so the main differences (or adv/disadv) between analog and digital controled digicab is:
    -digital control lowers humidity faster, more precise
    -more chio
    is that all?

does anyone knows how much is a 40L/60L DHC? i know for HD series, they are having promotions at about $99 and $139 respectively. ill see if the price difference is worth the extra dough
    Last edited by Zaknafein; 11th July 2006 at 02:50 PM.

so the main differences (or adv/disadv) between analog and digital controled digicab is:
    -digital control lowers humidity faster, more precise
    -more chio
    is that all?

does anyone knows how much is a 40L/60L DHC? i know for HD series, they are having promotions at about $99 and $139 respectively. ill see if the price difference is worth the extra dough
    Take note that there is no Analog controlled DigiCabi. There is only Digital Controlled DigiCabi.

Both pro and non-pro series have a same target, to control/lowering humidity to make it difficult for fungus to grow.

Regards,
    Arto.
    Last edited by Artosoft; 13th July 2006 at 07:46 AM.

ooooo, so that means, its just the Display thats analog/digital?

The humidizer unit is a peltier device, semiconductor that will be hot and cold on each side when given DC power. The cold side of peltier will condense 'water in air' inside the DryCab, and sponge will bring it outside, and use the hot side of peltier to evaporate the water. Sponge also act as an air seal, so only water can go through, but not air. Clever !

When the DryCab's door open, the humidity inside DryBox is as your room's humidity. Your DryCab's humidizer unit will work hard, but will not bring down the humidity inside the DryCab to the preferred level. It works for nothing!

Same thing happen if the door's seal or humidizier unit's seal (or the glass/acrylic panel) is damage.

Regards,
    Arto.

Don't think any dry cabinet uses dry cell leh ??.

hmmm cant decide which to get....
    longkangman said not much difference leh.
    if i buy analog, will be getting the HD series, since AD series needs to use dry cell. for digital, im looking at DHC.

some commented that its troublesome to adjust the HD series since the knob is inside the cabi, have to open and adjust and its by trial and error. but this adjusting is a 1-time thing right for first time? aftre tat no need to touch knob already mah....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast