Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need to convert to international licence when driving in Australia?

Default Re: Need to convert to international licence when driving in Australia?

You get it from the Automobile Association of Singapore.

I have been stopped for routine checks by police twice. Both times I've had to show my (Singapore) licence, once I had to show my student ID as well to prove I could drive on my Singapore licence, and the other time, the licence itself was good enough for the policeman to send me on my way without further trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Canew
    Err, asking a lazy question: "How to get an International Driving Licence?"
    http://www.aas.com.sg/services/permit.htm

Thanks for the info, r32 and JL1500k.

Quote Originally Posted by r32
    You get it from the Automobile Association of Singapore.

I have been stopped for routine checks by police twice. Both times I've had to show my (Singapore) licence, once I had to show my student ID as well to prove I could drive on my Singapore licence, and the other time, the licence itself was good enough for the policeman to send me on my way without further trouble.
    Uni of queensland! hahaha yeah!

i was there for a couple of years?

drove around and around with singapore licence

no prob

when to the transport authority wanted to make an aussie licence, thinking that it would be cool. but the rejected me. they said only citizen and PR are allowed to convert. so i am not allowed to convert. but if i really want their licence, i can take their highway code again. and wait for 6months to take their driving test... this is the only way to have their licence

the transport authority told me clearly that as a tourist visa, student visa, working visa holder, as long as i can drive back home, i can drive in their country...

just two weeks back i flew to melb... drove to sydney, ... drove to brisbane.... and drove back down to melb again all on my singapore licence... hahaha

no prob one lah...

Quote Originally Posted by slooow
    Uni of queensland! hahaha yeah!

i was there for a couple of years?

drove around and around with singapore licence

no prob

when to the transport authority wanted to make an aussie licence, thinking that it would be cool. but the rejected me. they said only citizen and PR are allowed to convert. so i am not allowed to convert. but if i really want their licence, i can take their highway code again. and wait for 6months to take their driving test... this is the only way to have their licence

the transport authority told me clearly that as a tourist visa, student visa, working visa holder, as long as i can drive back home, i can drive in their country...

just two weeks back i flew to melb... drove to sydney, ... drove to brisbane.... and drove back down to melb again all on my singapore licence... hahaha

no prob one lah...

Thanks very much for all the info guys....just wanted to make sure in case anything cokup...now just need to check if my uncle's Malaysian license is in English...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12