Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: How much to print A1?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    34

    Default How much to print A1?

    Hi guys! I printed 20 A1s for $250 (plus lamination), wanted to ask you guys if it was expensive onot.

  2. #2

    Default Re: How much to print A1?

    Sounds cheap leh, $25/pc.
    Can u kindly PM me the rate/location for low volume,maybe just x1,2 pieces? Thks & appreciated.

  3. #3

    Default Re: How much to print A1?

    PM me too..
    thanks!

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    macpherson road
    Posts
    251

    Default Re: How much to print A1?

    can also pm me bro for the location of the printing center?

    thanks alot..

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: How much to print A1?

    Is it photo or inkjet printer? If inkjet printer, wat dpi do they print with?

    Please PM me the contact too. Thanks!!

  6. #6

    Default Re: How much to print A1?

    *hands up as well*

    What sort of lamination?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: How much to print A1?

    Its $250/20=$12.5/pc, not $25/pc...

    Quote Originally Posted by firestone
    Sounds cheap leh, $25/pc.
    Can u kindly PM me the rate/location for low volume,maybe just x1,2 pieces? Thks & appreciated.

  8. #8

    Default Re: How much to print A1?

    I did a print A0 Size of my daughter photo(from day 1 to 1 year old) with cold laminating + mounting on foam board .. $50 at the building next to Paradiz ...

    Not sure what DPI they print at .. . but even up close .. details still not too bad ..
    Last edited by taipankid; 12th July 2006 at 07:35 PM.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: How much to print A1?

    I know, it's at Peace Center, the shop is call Leadership. Now I do my printing there....but they are using inkjet with 150-200 dpi only leh.....can see the pixel when you are close. Though not too bad...I use to print 4 of my pano, PS into one A2 print and it cost me like $10 only with matt limination.

    Quote Originally Posted by taipankid
    I did a print A0 Size of my daughter photo(from day 1 to 1 year old) with cold laminating + mounting on foam board .. $50 at the building next to Paradiz ...

    Not sure what DPI they print at .. . but even up close .. details still not too bad ..
    Last edited by lastboltnut; 17th July 2006 at 10:34 AM.

  10. #10

    Default Re: How much to print A1?

    oh yes yes leadership is the shop .. can only afford inkjet print for something that large in size.

    but if it's that big in size, usually you will be looking at it from far away instead of up close

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: How much to print A1?

    True, it is super duper expensive to print in photo lab for a pic that size.....I asked before, to develop my pano (about 4x 4R length), I was quotated $100+ for one pano. So I went to leadership and pay $10 for an A2 print with 4 pano squeezed into it!

    Yah, look from far is good enough.

    Actually, I have a friend who has a HP Designjet for his engineering company. May be next time I can print over at his place with higher DPI setting! Then I pay him the ink lah!! Then go leadership to laminate? Or just frame it up. Sounds good to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by taipankid
    oh yes yes leadership is the shop .. can only afford inkjet print for something that large in size.

    but if it's that big in size, usually you will be looking at it from far away instead of up close

  12. #12

    Default Re: How much to print A1?

    $12.50 per piece is quite a good price but that's probably coz you printed 20pcs, back in my school days the student rate was $10 per piece, normal customers $20.

    I get mine at $18 per piece with lamination from Soubiya (1C Yio Chu Kang Road) 62837698, I do it there coz it's just behind my studio.

    One word of caution though, colour can go wildly off with these printers for some reason.
    Last edited by enivre; 17th July 2006 at 10:16 AM.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: How much to print A1?

    Are you talking about photo printing or inkjet printing??

    Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by enivre
    $12.50 per piece is quite a good price but that's probably coz you printed 20pcs, back in my school days the student rate was $10 per piece, normal customers $20.

    I get mine at $18 per piece with lamination from Soubiya (1C Yio Chu Kang Road) 62837698, I do it there coz it's just behind my studio.

    One word of caution though, colour can go wildly off with these printers for some reason.

  14. #14

    Default Re: How much to print A1?

    Quote Originally Posted by enivre
    $12.50 per piece is quite a good price but that's probably coz you printed 20pcs, back in my school days the student rate was $10 per piece, normal customers $20.

    I get mine at $18 per piece with lamination from Soubiya (1C Yio Chu Kang Road) 62837698, I do it there coz it's just behind my studio.

    One word of caution though, colour can go wildly off with these printers for some reason.
    If you are in that area, can also try Botak Printers at Highland Ctr diagonally opposite it...cheap and fast...

  15. #15

    Default Re: How much to print A1?

    Quote Originally Posted by lastboltnut
    Are you talking about photo printing or inkjet printing??

    Thanks.
    inkjet... impossible to get A1 sized photo prints done at this price..

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: How much to print A1?

    I have a prob with inkjet printing.....cannot control their dpi for the print.....they dun entertain.

    Quote Originally Posted by enivre
    inkjet... impossible to get A1 sized photo prints done at this price..

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •