Thread: Colours in Hero

Default Colours in Hero

Just saw the Hero trailer (yeah yeah, I know I'm slow, I don't watch tv). The FX is great, but I'm more impressed by the contrast of colours (issit contrast?). In some scenes where there's thousands of soldiers clad in dull grey, the main actors are wearing very bright green or red. How do they achieve that effect? It looks so ethereal. Filters? Or digital post-editing?

If it's not a digital post-editing, can that same method be used in photography?

Default Re: Colours in Hero

Originally posted by Mudpool
    Just saw the Hero trailer (yeah yeah, I know I'm slow, I don't watch tv). The FX is great, but I'm more impressed by the contrast of colours (issit contrast?). In some scenes where there's thousands of soldiers clad in dull grey, the main actors are wearing very bright green or red. How do they achieve that effect? It looks so ethereal. Filters? Or digital post-editing?

If it's not a digital post-editing, can that same method be used in photography?
    Well, i also saw the trailer recently (when i watched LOTR) and i must say i totally agree with you.

I thought the colours in Minority report was pretty interesting too.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

They can do it a few ways. Fix it in post production or during production, combination of filters, lighting... Most probably post I would think.

They sky look so grey as well, done using filters?

Can fix alot of things in post.... Can grade the film to make it more 'filmy'.

Like in Matrix they sucked the blues out in the 'Matrix' world and put them back in the 'real' world.

Don't understand... Can't you give more details on the 'sucking' part?

Originally posted by lyrrad
    Can fix alot of things in post.... Can grade the film to make it more 'filmy'.

Like in Matrix they sucked the blues out in the 'Matrix' world and put them back in the 'real' world.
    They did? or was it suck out of 'real' world and put into 'Matrix' world instead?? and while we're at it... what did you mean by sucking the colours out.... removing the colour?