Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zidane Red Card!!!

Default Re: Zidane Red Card!!!

Quote Originally Posted by slato
    They didn't make up any rule as they went. It was already set for the world cup.
    I hope it will be used more often in less important games as well.
    Since when are video replays allowed to be used DURING the game. This inceident should have (and will be) dealth with by FIFA post match.

If they are allowed to be used, why weren't they used during the Australian matchs when the Italian took a blatant dive (worthy of an Oscar) or when the Croation handballed in the penalty are for the second time in the match, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc....
    sk.images, ex - cyber_m0nkey

Quote Originally Posted by slato
    racist? what race? Zidane's race? Materazzi's race? Isn't it the same?

for the record, Materazzi said "ciao ciao!"
    Ok, well, still could have been a racist remark, or could have been a personal remark about the end of his career, or whatever, but something was most probably said, and from his reaction it must have been bad, although, the only person that would have heard it would be Zidane, whereas everyone can see the head butt. Its just a shame that everyone will now think less of him due to one thing, I know i dont, if anything standing up for yourself should be a gd thing no? (Even if there are other ways to do so)

Quote Originally Posted by cyber_m0nkey
    Since when are video replays allowed to be used DURING the game. This inceident should have (and will be) dealth with by FIFA post match.

If they are allowed to be used, why weren't they used during the Australian matchs when the Italian took a blatant dive (worthy of an Oscar) or when the Croation handballed in the penalty are for the second time in the match, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc....
    FIFA will never listen, Rugby have it sorted, how long does it take to look at the reply, about 20 seconds and you make the right decision and a team wins fairly. As i said earlier, FIFA have been shocking this world cup and need to get their act together or get lost!

Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion
    FIFA have been shocking this world cup and need to get their act together or get lost!
    more like, they stay and you get lost!

for all his footballing genius, he choose to play the fool at the last moment.how tragic

His biography would have sold well anyway, imagine how well it will sell now - what a last chapter, couldn't be any more thrilling unless France won the cup.

yeah, true, but if he was provoaked by a racist remark then it would be mildy justified and the law may actually investigate more into the Italian player rather than Zidane
    You must be smoking something! Everyone saw Zidane's "golden head", but did anyone hear what Materazzi might have said?

What investigation? It's Zidane's workd against Materazzi's. I don't care if Materazzi said "hi" to Zidane's mother and grandmother, let's add in his sister too. What Zidane did was the most bone "headed" thing he ever did, but then, there is definately a history of bone headedness. However, the one crowns them all.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Call me cynical but look at it this way - the clip will be replayed in many years to come.

Not a spectacular or grand way of retiring, but a memorable one. I mean, if nothing happened and France (hypothetically) won the cup, would people play the videos of them winning? Never saw any video of either side winning the cup.... maradonna's crap however is shown without fail everytime the world cup comes....

Infamy yes, ironic even more so, but at least he'll be remembered.

And it makes for great story telling. People are so used to fairy tale happy endings that they've lost their appeal. Imagine if the made a movie of his life story....the drama...the tragic ending to an illustrious career.

He may yet still be the winner!
    Last edited by solarii; 10th July 2006 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet
    You must be smoking something! Everyone saw Zidane's "golden head", but did anyone hear what Materazzi might have said?

What investigation? It's Zidane's workd against Materazzi's. I don't care if Materazzi said "hi" to Zidane's mother and grandmother, let's add in his sister too. What Zidane did was the most bone "headed" thing he ever did, but then, there is definately a history of bone headedness. However, the one crowns them all.
    Maybe, but some people cannot just shrug off remarks as easily as say, you can. You do not know what Materazzi said, none of us do, so I therefore think we should not through away our view of this outstanding player over a 'silly' headbutt.

Quote Originally Posted by squalle
    more like, they stay and you get lost!
    Why should they stay? They have done very little right this world cup. Most of the ref's have been appauling for international football and an event as big as the world cup, sure they can make mistakes, but not that many. Also FIFA's rules about the TV replay are shocking, why have an official watching the screen if they are not allowed to use it?

I thought it was Buffon who complained to the assistant ref. that Zidane headbutted Materazzi cos the ref did not see the incident.

I was half asleep when that happens but I'm sure I heard the commentator said something like that.

so sad, but then again, maybe ppl wont remember a few years down the line hehehe

Why should they stay? T
    if FIFA goes away, then who replace them? you?

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch
    I thought it was Buffon who complained to the assistant ref. that Zidane headbutted Materazzi cos the ref did not see the incident.

I was half asleep when that happens but I'm sure I heard the commentator said something like that.
    Correct it was Buffon who came running and also the Italian coach. THey both did the right thing, but as I said earlier the officals can only go by what they saw on the pitch, they should not have been influenced by the video replay, regardless of how how horrendous the incident was.

i know who should get the red card already..

the cameraman who filmed the head butt..

Quote Originally Posted by squalle
    if FIFA goes away, then who replace them? you?
    I wouldnt mind giving it a try

Basically, restructure the whole of FIFA or get rid of the people making the key decisions and bring new people in would be my guess. Or start a new company/organisation to take over? Or just make them get their act together, either way, i dont mind

i certainly believe the ref did the right thing. No matter how players from the opp team provoke you, headbutting someone in the chest is surely a red card offence... If i remember correctly (cos a bit sleepy at that moment) when the italians are complaining to the ref, i think i saw Zidanee already took off his captain arm band...he himself know it will be a red card...

What the hell lah Zidane!!! Quite dissapointed to him loh~~~. No matter what, he is a captain and going to retire, why not leave a good memory to all his fans?! A gentleman image of him spoilt right after his heading kung fu learned from the China Shao Ling Si.

it's no doubt that it's a red card offence.

i think the argument here is whether any of the official(s) actually saw the event, or did they rely on the recording, and if they did, is that allowed. apparently it's not.

well, instead of talking so much here, anyone got links to articles regarding this? i'm sure this is the debated topic around the world now?

Oh my, it was almost too funny. Have been an admirer of ZZ for a long time, but this is not the first time he's been sent off in a World Cup, and no matter what the provocation, he really should not have reacted that way.

All the best ZZ, thanks for the memories, the many good ones and the few bad ones.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast