Thread: How to clean this image?

Default How to clean this image?

Already used Photo-Brush to clean.

Try Neat Image Pro.

It works best for really noisy images like this.

What's there to clean? Just a small and cute red X.

Regards
    CK

Originally posted by Zerstorer
    Try Neat Image Pro.

It works best for really noisy images like this.
    Sure

http://revenant.qsurf.org/original.jpg

Originally posted by ckiang
    What's there to clean? Just a small and cute red X.

Regards
    CK
    You sure?

Originally posted by revenant

You sure?
    I must have caught it when you're uploading or changing the pic....

Wah, quite jialat. This is gonna be tough.

Regards
    CK

Originally posted by ckiang

I must have caught it when you're uploading or changing the pic....
    Yup.

Quite terok. 2 passes of neat image and still have some bits left. You might have to use healing brush to touch up the rest...I'm too lazy to do it now.

Originally posted by Zerstorer

Quite terok. 2 passes of neat image and still have some bits left. You might have to use healing brush to touch up the rest...I'm too lazy to do it now.
    hmm.... where to get Neat Image?

can try the polaroid one.. free download under filmscanner...
    but it will kill a shot with metallic highlights..
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

Originally posted by revenant

hmm.... where to get Neat Image?

http://www.neatimage.com/download.html

this is a really neat photo utility! thx for sharing!

also, i dun mind paying for the pro version....if we can pool 10 licenses that'll be so much more affordable!

Bedpan
    Guests

Default Re: How to clean this image?

To late now, but probably would be recommended to do dark frame subtraction... After you take the shot, take another with the exact same settings with the lens cap on. In theory you should get the same noise but in a totally black frame. Then you can use Photoshop, Paintshop etc to subtract the dark frame from the real one and remove most of the noise...

Mike

Originally posted by hans
    this is a really neat photo utility! thx for sharing!

also, i dun mind paying for the pro version....if we can pool 10 licenses that'll be so much more affordable!

Demo version is enuf, the con is the batch allow 2 files & 16bits only. Pro version can add unlimited files to batch and 24bits. Unless u hav many pic need edit togather always then buy Pro ver, else demo is enuf for us.

that's right.....unless u need to work on TIFF/RAW files....then Pro is required.

I like this tool so much i applied it on some day shots too, taking part of the blue sky for noise sampling, and it turns out great too on high magnification, u'll be surprise there's noises still even at iso <200... so in cases where u wanna pipe ALL ur pics via this utility regardless of obvious noises or not, the batch command mode looks great! so this is another need for pro...

And thx to Bedpan for sharing the interesting idea on dark frame subtraction... sounds like it's still not too late now, since you can always set ur digicam to the right settings by refering to the old EXIF information on the pic and take a dark frame now.... eh right?

Bedpan
    Guests

For the dark frame subtraction to work well you should try and take the dark frame right after (or before) the actual shot. The reason being that noise can be effect by temp and other factors... Still worth trying but may not work quite as well.

Mike

Originally posted by hans
    that's right.....unless u need to work on TIFF/RAW files....then Pro is required.

I like this tool so much i applied it on some day shots too, taking part of the blue sky for noise sampling, and it turns out great too on high magnification, u'll be surprise there's noises still even at iso <200... so in cases where u wanna pipe ALL ur pics via this utility regardless of obvious noises or not, the batch command mode looks great! so this is another need for pro...

And thx to Bedpan for sharing the interesting idea on dark frame subtraction... sounds like it's still not too late now, since you can always set ur digicam to the right settings by refering to the old EXIF information on the pic and take a dark frame now.... eh right?