Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Way to Lose Those Tummy Flabs

Blog Entries

Default Re: Best Way to Lose Those Tummy Flabs

lypo suction

Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    lypo suction
    lyposuction is a not a permanent way... your tummy will come back if u go back to your bad habits. so exercise and eating and drinking in moderation is the only way to go

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by airyfairy01
    I swear by jogging la.... lost quite a bit of weight from that. No ez way out la.... and u'll b able to see the difference between someone who exercises to lose weight and someone who takes pills or other methods... the 'healthy' look still not there..
    Yup. It's easily noticeable, the lack of toned muscles when one actually doesn't work out. Key word, "toned", not "overbuilt"

Quote Originally Posted by annette
    lyposuction is a not a permanent way... your tummy will come back if u go back to your bad habits. so exercise and eating and drinking in moderation is the only way to go
    Indeed. Don't forget the stretch marks on the skinfolds too! Ewww....

Quote Originally Posted by k3nn3th03
    wat is SPINNING CLASS ??
    Spinning class is a form of indoor cycling exercise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinning_%28cycling%29

The secret really is to watch your diet.

2 meals a day (Lunch and light dinner).

No snacking of any kind (ie coffee, tea, biscuits, sweets, etc).

That's it!

hehe... some of the suggestions really made me laughed.

To lose weight is very easy .... it is simply call "diet"

Used to be a fat boy with a 35 inches waist on a short 168mm body height.

Faster way of course is exercise and diet (forget about gimmick belts or supplements) but diet alone itself is already more than enough to get you slim pretty fast. Exercise makes you look toned and better though.

Let me qualify first, when i said diet is not the same as "starving". You do not need to starve. The problem with us is that we always overeat! We are eating simply too much at every meal!

I take 5 meals a day, each a portion slightly larger than my palm only. Thats right, I only eat half a bowl of noodles served at the hawker centre, or half a whopper, or chicken rice with one-third the amount of rice being served. Neither of your meals should make you feel full and bloated; just barely satisfied. The only days I binge is on weekends.

Of course you have to watch what you eat too. Eating burgers for every meals even if moderately will not help. Coffee with less sugar, food with less lard/oil......etc.

Prior to all these, I tried all sorts of gimmicks .. from expensive exotic weight-loss pills to Chitosan to some so called magic pills they sold in Pharmacies endorsed by your sexy movie stars.

Now in my mid-thirties, I weigh 61 kg. Far from the 68 - 69 kg I used to weight for years. And I have been remaining this way for more than a year and rarely fell sick too. Just watch that diet!
    Last edited by ianpaice; 11th July 2006 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sehsuan
    Spinning class is a form of indoor cycling exercise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinning_%28cycling%29
    Wow! How did you know about Spinning? What about its effectiveness?

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Canew
    Wow! How did you know about Spinning? What about its effectiveness?
    I practice the version of it on a moving bicycle, not the stationary version.

Try Xando.. but I doubt it work

You have to focus on arobic related exercise. Jogging is the best, but do not jog too fast or too slow. The best is within your 60% - 70% Maximum heart rate.

Swimming is also good. But there is no such thing as doing sit up will reduce your waist line, it can only tone your muscle to make it stronger... but if you have fats that cover your muscle, tone nice also no use.

Of cos you have to watch your diet.

My excersie routine:

5km run 3 time a week (or alternative burn at least 400 calories per section)
    Weights training for main muscle group 3 to 4 times a week
    yoga once a week

Cut down on your carb intake during dinner (less rice/no rice). Of course cut down/no oily and deep fried food.

So far I have lose 4 kg within a year. Not much but you will definitely see a different in your body physic.

Deregistered

Part of the motivation is receiving two SMS's reminding me to book for my IPPT...

Part of the motivation is receiving two SMS's reminding me to book for my IPPT...
    And treat from RT...

My IPPT is next Wed

Quote Originally Posted by jimtong
    Try Xando.. but I doubt it work

You have to focus on arobic related exercise. Jogging is the best, but do not jog too fast or too slow. The best is within your 60% - 70% Maximum heart rate.

Swimming is also good. But there is no such thing as doing sit up will reduce your waist line, it can only tone your muscle to make it stronger... but if you have fats that cover your muscle, tone nice also no use.

Of cos you have to watch your diet.
    The only thing that works for Xando is that, after every pill, u'd probably not feel sleepy. Especially the pill that's supposed to be taken before lunch....

It keeps u awfully alert. The dinner pill is the worst since the energising effect can last for several hours, can keep u awake all the way to midnight...
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

I have been jogging about 3-4km every alternate day and having my dinner early. I eat only about 75% of my usual meals. So far I've been losing about a kg every month. The first few week will be very slow, but once you get the momentum going, you will see the results. It's about patience.

Alexander Hospital is not only a great place for macro but it is also a great place to get advise on loosing your gut. I think they also have high tech treatments such as stomach stapling (which sounds horrible but it has proved effective for some).

I am currently on prescribed medication to reduce my appetite. Its called Reductil. But you need to go for checkup with the doctor to make sure you are in the clear for this medication. Seems to be working out great. No hunger at all! Have to discipline myself to eat still so that it won't be so bad when I get off the medication. Taking 3 square meals but with less carbs and more GLV (green leafy vegs)

Quote Originally Posted by seankyh
    Alexander Hospital is not only a great place for macro but it is also a great place to get advise on loosing your gut. I think they also have high tech treatments such as stomach stapling (which sounds horrible but it has proved effective for some).

I am currently on prescribed medication to reduce my appetite. Its called Reductil. But you need to go for checkup with the doctor to make sure you are in the clear for this medication. Seems to be working out great. No hunger at all! Have to discipline myself to eat still so that it won't be so bad when I get off the medication. Taking 3 square meals but with less carbs and more GLV (green leafy vegs)

Hmm.. so the Reductil it more like a weight control stuff. I guess it can be use for anybody, not only for over-weight ppl?

Quote Originally Posted by annette
    they say the OTO one works better than the osim version... unless im printing cash i wont be forking out 300+ for that belt
    What is the concept of this kind of belt? any theory that support it? that you just sit on that watching tv and putting it on then can lose weight?

i am curious to know the science behind it..anyone know?

Deregistered

There is no science to it. It's rubbish, because the muscles don't get a workout at all. Save your money, get another lens instead.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    The only thing that works for Xando is that, after every pill, u'd probably not feel sleepy. Especially the pill that's supposed to be taken before lunch....

It keeps u awfully alert. The dinner pill is the worst since the energising effect can last for several hours, can keep u awake all the way to midnight...
    it is not good for the liver.

i have a friend whose health was in a good state, but since she started taking those slimming tablets and after going for her recent annual health check.
    the report showed a detoriation in her liver.

my advice is not to touch these stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewtanjk
    The secret really is to watch your diet.

2 meals a day (Lunch and light dinner).

No snacking of any kind (ie coffee, tea, biscuits, sweets, etc).

That's it!
    coffee is fine, but without sugar or creamer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast