Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ways to get from Singapore to Senai Airport.

Default Ways to get from Singapore to Senai Airport.

If I have a flight that departs Senai airport at 9.25am to KL.

I must check in at least 2 hours before departure, so I must reach the airport by 7.25am (that's freaking early!), but since it's so early, is there any bus that goes there from either Larkin or Singapore? And how far is Senai from JB city centre? Never been there, so I have no idea.

Thanks in advance if anybody can help me, or even better if you have 'been there done that'.

Default Re: Ways to get from Singapore to Senai Airport.

Quote Originally Posted by behyx

I must check in at least 2 hours before departure, so I must reach the airport by 7.25am (that's freaking early!), but since it's so early, is there any bus that goes there from either Larkin or Singapore? And how far is Senai from JB city centre? Never been there, so I have no idea.

Thanks in advance if anybody can help me, or even better if you have 'been there done that'.
    from 2nd link, can be in senai in under 30 mins. would avoid going by JB if i were u.

hi bro, would like to ask how much did the ticket cost going to kl? coz driving to kl is damn tiring..

Quote Originally Posted by jdredd
    from 2nd link, can be in senai in under 30 mins. would avoid going by JB if i were u.
    Erm I thought during morning rush hours, it's only from JB-SG that is very jammed? and from SG-JB is clear? Please correct me if i am wrong.

But I'm not driving, so i'm taking public transport. In that case, is there any bus from SG-Senai via 2nd link?

Quote Originally Posted by zyle
    hi bro, would like to ask how much did the ticket cost going to kl? coz driving to kl is damn tiring..
    Bro it's darn cheap lah! haha...
    For return tix:

[ RM9.99 (tix) + RM35 (tax) ] X 2 = RM89.98

Just have to factor in the trouble of getting from SG to Senai, and KL LCCT (budget terminal) to KL city centre. But it's all worth it when the flight is only 45mins!!! Woah!

Check this out at airasia.com
    Last edited by behyx; 9th July 2006 at 11:23 PM.

Yes .. At jurong East there is one ... but i m not very sure of the time ..

For return tix:

Just have to factor in the trouble of getting from SG to Senai, and KL LCCT (budget terminal) to KL city centre. But it's all worth it when the flight is only 45mins!!! Woah!
    thanks bro.. oh there's a bus going direct to senai airport from capthorne orchid hotel.. you can try to call them..

Ah thanks guys Probably I can call copthorne orchid hotel.

For return tix:

Check this out at airasia.com
    bro do you mind sharing where you booked your flight? need to go there next week.. you mean that RM89.98 is a two way ticket? whoa that's really cheap man..

Quote Originally Posted by zyle
    bro do you mind sharing where you booked your flight? need to go there next week.. you mean that RM89.98 is a two way ticket? whoa that's really cheap man..
    check out airasia.com

i checked for 5th Aug - 9th Aug, despite it's less than 1 mth away, all their flights are still RM9.99! That's quite surprising. Anyway they have 3 flights a day.

check out airasia.com

i checked for 5th Aug - 9th Aug, despite it's less than 1 mth away, all their flights are still RM9.99! That's quite surprising. Anyway they have 3 flights a day.
    thanks again bro for the info..

if you taking the budget airlines from senai (airasia IIRC) they have a shuttle service in JB but be sure to be there really early cos I missed it the last time and ended up sharing a cab with strangers (same ppl who missed the bus) so it wasn't that bad.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Ar ... Here .. http://www.senaiairport.com/travelle...9&splid=100001

Got All the info You need .. :P Cheers

if i'm not mistaken, i think the bus from copthorne orchid is for MAS passengers only. are you saying now they are also opened to outsiders?

anyway, from LCC-T at KL (home of AirAsia), there's a shuttle bus to KL Sentral (the train station) for RM9-00. journey's about 1 1/4 hours and bus frequency is like 15mins.
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman77
    Ar ... Here .. http://www.senaiairport.com/travelle...9&splid=100001

Got All the info You need .. :P Cheers
    To get to JB Kotaraya from Singapore, there are direct CitiLink & town buses from the bus stop opposite Kranji MRT station. S$1 or so only. After clearing M'sia immigration, board the bus again to Kotaraya Terminal.

There are direct bus services from JB Kotaraya Terminal to Senai Airport. The MAS counter charges RM4 while the other RM8. MAS counter meant for MAS passengers, but if got vacancy, they close one eye....

Senai Airport had been renovated; very nice and has sufficient facilties such as cafe & shops for early wait.

Quote Originally Posted by jamestyemk
    To get to JB Kotaraya from Singapore, there are direct CitiLink & town buses from the bus stop opposite Kranji MRT station. S$1 or so only. After clearing M'sia immigration, board the bus again to Kotaraya Terminal.

There are direct bus services from JB Kotaraya Terminal to Senai Airport. The MAS counter charges RM4 while the other RM8. MAS counter meant for MAS passengers, but if got vacancy, they close one eye....

Senai Airport had been renovated; very nice and has sufficient facilties such as cafe & shops for early wait.
    Great great! Sorry another question, what time does our SBStransit buses and SMRT start their service? I could catch the 7am bus from Kotaraya terminal, and reach Senai at 7.40am and still be able to check in.
    So that means I have to wake up very early in the morning to get to JB.

oppss..i afraid this bus is only served for member of Malaysia Airline.

Great great! Sorry another question, what time does our SBStransit buses and SMRT start their service? I could catch the 7am bus from Kotaraya terminal, and reach Senai at 7.40am and still be able to check in.
    I think as early as 6am. Ya, you could get to Senai as early as possible and have yr breakfast there.

No way u can reach Senai at 7.45am if u leave Sg at 7am. Assuming the bus depart on time at 7am, it will take about half an hour including clearing immigration on both sides and also waiting for others to board the bus. Never assume that everything will be smooth flowing. Give allowance for jam, etc. Once u reach Kota Raya, say at 7.30am., you need to buy the ticket and you gotta wait as the bus to senai from Air-Asia's city terminal runs on schedule. The earliest, I can envisage, is between 8.15am and 8.30am. Being there and done it many many times including taking MAS coach from Copthrone Orchid Hotel here.
    Last edited by redstorm; 10th July 2006 at 02:31 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast