Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Krabi, Thailand wanna go?

Default Re: Krabi, Thailand wanna go?

Quote Originally Posted by sabbatical
    Thanks for the detailed info. Singapula
    So why is it that to go to Maya beach I have to go with package tour?
    I can't get a long boat to ferry me there?
    of course you can, rent a long tail boat from PhiPhi island, not sure about the price.

Sorry, forget to mention, there're 2 island which all called phi phi island, one is phi phi don,
    one is phi phi leh and Maya bay is located at phi phi leh,you may go by big ferry, long tail boat
    or speed boat, why I recommend package tour is, price should be cheaper than you
    book long tail boat or speed boat, on the other hand, you can visit more places with package
    tour. Long tail boat won't drive you to there from Krabi,it's too far and not safe.....

from krabi to phiphi takes ard 3 hours. the boatmen probably wouldnt agree to this.

there's always the ferry though like what singapula said.

grrr i wish i can go too. T_____T

Do bear in my mind in monsoon season even though it may not rain but the seas can be rough and even ferries not to mention long tail boats are not very comfortable to sit for the journey there. Had a friend once who is quite used to going to the sea get seasick and vomit due to heavy seas(and it was not even raining!) when he was trying to go to Phi Phi. Eventually the ferry had to turn back. Do check the sea conditions before you go.

Quote Originally Posted by socrates
    Do bear in my mind in monsoon season even though it may not rain but the seas can be rough and even ferries not to mention long tail boats are not very comfortable to sit for the journey there. Had a friend once who is quite used to going to the sea get seasick and vomit due to heavy seas(and it was not even raining!) when he was trying to go to Phi Phi. Eventually the ferry had to turn back. Do check the sea conditions before you go.
    Once again very valuable information
    I had initially wanted to go alone, since Andy din want to go cause it was rather near to the "7th month, Ghost Fest." and that's not too good to be near water during this period.
    Not that I din already know about the monsoon arriving ... but I din take into consideration that the seas would swell
    Looks like I'll be only dreaming about Krabi for now...

Thanks to everyone that have been so helpful in providing your experiences, you guys - the best

Dun worry. Got chance one.
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

Sabbatical, Andy and others, krabi is a good place to go. save it for a better season. Won't regret...

Wink Re: Krabi, Thailand wanna go?

Oh... I might be joining next time... I will be able to go for a short trip from 30-Sep-06 to early-Oct'06... Hope it is then...

Talking Re: Krabi, Thailand wanna go?

Yo... Anybody still interested in the trip during the evening of 29-Sep-06 to 08-Oct-06?

I'm very interested...

Sorry nope, have to work le. ;-)
    APAD | Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ang
    Sorry nope, have to work le. ;-)
    Sigh... Too bad... Next time then...

Anyone interested? If I didn't get any reply or confirmation by this weekend (19-Aug-06), I will organise my own then...

Quote Originally Posted by Weigang
    Anyone interested? If I didn't get any reply or confirmation by this weekend (19-Aug-06), I will organise my own then...
    You do know its the monsoon season right? Bad weather is kinda confirmed to happen.
    Anyway, good luck if you're going. I'm planning for a Christmas Island trip, for the red crab migration during the Nov period, Krabi would most prob be next year's plan...

Quote Originally Posted by sabbatical
    You do know its the monsoon season right? Bad weather is kinda confirmed to happen.
    Anyway, good luck if you're going. I'm planning for a Christmas Island trip, for the red crab migration during the Nov period, Krabi would most prob be next year's plan...
    Oh, how much would that set u back?

Quote Originally Posted by Weigang
    Oh, how much would that set u back?
    I assume you're asking abt the Christmas Island trip I'm planning.
    It'll cost more than a Krabi trip.
    Only till recently, there's a straight flight there from Singapore, AUSTASIA AIRLINES (Using SilkAir A320 Charter)

Check http://www.christmas.net.au/flights.html for fares.
    and http://www.christmas.net.au/accommodation.html for lodging.

I still need to do more research and planning first, before I make any plans. So nothing is confirmed yet.

Erm... Interesting...

Actually, I just wish to get away from this busy and hectic lifestyle... Want to relax and do something I like... Nature as much as it is, the clear sea, star-gazing, sweet-smelling sea breeze, insect-sounds at night and etc...

Cost is just a factor to consider... But at least some of my likes have to be there to be considered as a place to visit...

Christmas Island? Can consider... I will find out more too...

I guess no matter what, to be caught in the middle of the rainy season is never nice.
    APAD | Blog

Yup... Doing some rethinking... Any nice suggestions which match my likings?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234