From 10 - 31 January 2003, capture the vivid festive mood and activities during the "Orient Expressions In The City" at Raffles City Shopping Centre, and stand a chance to win cash and travel prizes.
This competition is jointly organised by The Photographic Society of Singapore, Golden Travel Services Pte Ltd, Radin Mas Community Club, Raffles City Shopping Centre.
1st prize 7 days Mount Wuyi Tour and $ 800 cash
2nd prize 7 days Mount Wuyi Tour and $ 500 cash
3rd prize 7 days Mount Wuyi Tour and $ 300 cash]
5 Consolation Prizes : $200 Cash each
All participants: $ 50 Travel Voucher
Rules and Regulation:
1. This competition is open to all citizens and residents of Singapore.
2. Each participant may submit up to a maximum of 8 prints, print size should be either 8R (20cm x 25cm) or Super 8R (20cm x 30cm) and must not be mounted.
3. Participant may submit either colour or monochrome print as entries. Digital images are allowed but they must be printed through photography lab process. Inkjet, laser and dye-sub prints will be rejected.
4. Entry submitted should depict the festive mood and activities during: "Orient Expressions In The City" at Raffles City Shopping Centre from 10 to 31 Jan 2003.
5. Entry submitted must be the sole and original work of the participant. Copyright to all photographs will remain the property of the photographer. However, the participant grants the organisers and their licensees an non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual licence to use, reproduce, publish or exhibit in any medium as the organisers shall deem fit. The organisers shall not responsible for any liability, loss, damage, costs and expenses in relation to any claim.
6. All entry submitted are non-returnable.
7. All prize winners will be notified by post. Upon notification, all winners must submit the negatives, transparencies or original high-resolution digital image files (minimum 2000 x 1600 pixels) of their winning entries. Digitally enhanced images must submit with the final file, and to ensure that it can be enlarged to 30cm x 40cm with image quality similar to the photo submitted. Failure to do so will result in entries being disqualified.
8. A duly completed official entry form (photo copy allowed) must be affixed on the reverse side of each entry.
9. Entries must be submitted by 5 Feb 2003, 6pm. and sent to:
Orient Expressions In The City Photography Competition
The Photographic Society of Singapore
30 Selegie Road,
Selegie Arts Centre Building,
10. Judges' decision is final and no further correspondence will be entertained.
11. Exhibition of the winning entries and accepted prints will be held from 13 to 16 Feb 2003 at Raffles City Shopping Centre. Prize Presentation will be held on 12 Feb 2003 at 8pm.
12. The organisers will not responsible for any lost or damage. Proof of submission will not be accepted as proof of delivery.
13. Submission of entry/entries signifies the participant's acceptance of the rules and regulations as stated above.
Contest Form at : http://www.pss1950.org/events.php
I wonder why inkjet, dyesub and laser prints are not allowed - are they in anyway less photographic? A photo is a photo, the method of printing should not be a factor in judging anyway. Maybe that's why I didn't win the merlion comp, I sent in an inkjet print coz I only decided to do so at the 11th hour. But the Merlion comp didn't have such a rule.... oh well. Now we know.