Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Singnet Broadband having problem again?

Default Re: Singnet Boardband having problem again?

My Sinknet 1.5mpbs plan also ending next month. Am thinking going back to Starhub cable (had been using cable for past 5 years, then decided switch to Sinknet 1.5 2 years ago due to one fed up incident with Starhub cable) and also considering migrating my singtel mobile to starhub also.

By then tv + mobile + net with Starhub, heard that have better discount or benifts sort of... Anyone can share your view?
    Canon 40D|17-55 f/2.8 IS|100 f/2.8 Macro|135 f/2L|300 f/4L IS|430ex|BG-E2

Quote Originally Posted by soma
    I don't think in US you get to hear 'Sorry for this, Sorry for that'.. that's how good our service and customer satisfaction. World Class Price with a world class answer.knn.
    no leh... my hubby had big problems with the technical support when he's in Canada leh. they responded soooooooooo slowly omg ....

btw anyway starhub is subsidiary of singnet. ssshhhhh
    爱是要时间慢慢培养的。。

Quote Originally Posted by furrycake
    no leh... my hubby had big problems with the technical support when he's in Canada leh. they responded soooooooooo slowly omg ....

btwanyway starhub is subsidiary of singnet. ssshhhhh
    really huh subsidiary?

btw we talkin United States
    in short is US..
    Canada is not US right..

Quote Originally Posted by soma
    really huh subsidiary?

btw we talkin United States
    [/SIZE] in short is US..
    Canada is not US right..
    you mean ALL ALONG YOU DUNNO MEH ?!?!?!

sorry lah US could be better i think but i always have this impression that they very slow
    爱是要时间慢慢培养的。。

Quote Originally Posted by furrycake
    you mean ALL ALONG YOU DUNNO MEH ?!?!?!

sorry lah US could be better i think but i always have this impression that they very slow
    I don't know.........Starhub is sub...of Sink net..

Default Re: Singnet Broadband having problem again?

Actually SH also has it's down sides. Much higher ping when online gaming especially for BF2.

Quote Originally Posted by Klose
    Actually SH also has it's down sides. Much higher ping when online gaming especially for BF2.
    Should be ok if only happen once a while..imagine playing game for half an hour than drop 1 hour than play 10 min than drop half an hour... and on and on and on....etc etc....

Quote Originally Posted by ST_sg
    My Sinknet 1.5mpbs plan also ending next month. Am thinking going back to Starhub cable (had been using cable for past 5 years, then decided switch to Sinknet 1.5 2 years ago due to one fed up incident with Starhub cable) and also considering migrating my singtel mobile to starhub also.

By then tv + mobile + net with Starhub, heard that have better discount or benifts sort of... Anyone can share your view?
    ya...all 3 and u're a hubber.... discounts for everything....
    boy i am one happy surfer/gamer ever since i dropped sinky....
    2yrs+ with the star and not once am i disappointed with their service...
    line drop? i can hardly remember if there's any.... hmm...maybe once? no deep impression... with sinky, i can recall EVERY bad experience and services!
    be a STAR.... join the big fat pipe!!
    flickr me....
    exposure medium: 30% film, 70% sensor

Well I just called helpdesk and they tell me there is a problem with web traffic and thats all. Annoying. Cannot pull google page. Put on hold for 30 mins.

Coicidentally??? Ialso cannot see any Clubsnap gallery pics. Only see the logo instead of pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap_Dingo
    Well I just called helpdesk and they tell me there is a problem with web traffic and thats all. Annoying. Cannot pull google page. Put on hold for 30 mins.

Coicidentally??? Ialso cannot see any Clubsnap gallery pics. Only see the logo instead of pics.
    I'm on SingNet and google is not a problem. Cannot see CS gallery pics can be due to your firewall settings.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

So far I've been on Singnet BB for almost 8 months and I only dropped connection twice, once cos the whole Neighbourhood exchange went kaput (and was reported in the ST the following day), the other was on 06 Jul 06 where I simply went to sleep after being DC. I would say that I'm quite a sastified customer, with consistent upload speeds and being available most of the time, even as I'm using a "low-end" 512kpbs plan. My cousins who are using Starhub 10Mbps cannot even beat my upload speeds of the same file to the same server sometimes, although we live only a few blocks apart from each other, not to mention very frequent disconnection.

Before blaming it on the operator, I guess it pays to check where the problem lies. When I was on dial-up with Singtel before, I had quite a few disconnections before they traced the problem to a faulty wire form the block exchange. They promptly had that replaced and its fine from then on. However, what irks me about Starhub is that their service is still often dependent on Singnet exchanges and cables as Singnet owns most of them in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by dolphinworkz
    Singnet owns most of them in the first place.
    Yet they still su*k..

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345