Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Singnet Broadband having problem again?

Default Re: Singnet Boardband having problem again?

heh heh .. some how CS also alway drop line... wonder did they use sink net too..

Quote Originally Posted by soma
    heh heh .. some how CS also alway drop line... wonder did they use sink net too..
    Could you be the cause that sink CS?
    除了爱, 我一无所有

Quote Originally Posted by Ola
    Could you be the cause that sink CS?
    kns...

Anyone find that your micro filter(for the whole house) for the sinknet boardband reacting funny.. like when you use the phone, internet sometime get disconnected..sometime won't. Also the phone(all the home phone) get very noisey.. never have this problem before..

the network's still down. damned to the surfing of anything overseas.

10mbps in future? lower prices?
    hah. with an answering machine and an ah soh as service, perhaps.

it happened before when one of the underwater cables broke.
    resulting in anything overseas a slitery crawl and singapore websites same fast speeds.
    so let's all just stay in singapore websites...
    mrbrown dot com anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Horsba85
    the network's still down. damned to the surfing of anything overseas.

10mbps in future? lower prices?
    hah. with an answering machine and an ah soh as service, perhaps.

it happened before when one of the underwater cables broke.
    resulting in anything overseas a slitery crawl and singapore websites same fast speeds.
    so let's all just stay in singapore websites...
    mrbrown dot com anyone?
    eh there are 10mbps and 25mpbs plans available u know

dump sinknet and join the star.... i did, and happily ever after....
    flickr me....
    exposure medium: 30% film, 70% sensor

btw, just dun b angray at the personned answering the calls la , sometimes it really a simple decision to make , but some times, no 1 1 2 execute that decision.

so some have to suffer, n some gain ,

starhubber here. only complain is hackers very easy go in since your com is always connected to the internet. only way to disconnect is pull the plug.

I'm using singnet for many years..i know they suck but no choice as their plans are cheaper...now 512kb less than $40..and i'm kinda pissed over it as i'm using 512kb paying abt $50 plus odd..arrghhhh..how can they do that? The $50 plus plan is the faster plan as advertised in the papers..yup, they dun ask u if u want to terminate once contract ends..they continue to charge u for it and if you want to terminate, hve to give a mth's notice so pls note it down in ur PDA or sthing to remind urself to send a termination notice!

Quote Originally Posted by kross
    dump sinknet and join the star.... i did, and happily ever after....
    ya will just do that after another 20+ month when the contract end......

Quote Originally Posted by Chiang
    btw, just dun b angray at the personned answering the calls la , sometimes it really a simple decision to make , but some times, no 1 1 2 execute that decision.

so some have to suffer, n some gain ,
    er....usually i ask for the Manager..but the 'soup'ervisor is handling the case.. hope thing will turn out great.. i already stop telling those answering the calls liao..quite useless.

actually sicknet is quite ok for me unless they are up to their silly once a while antics.....

Quote Originally Posted by Klose
    actually sicknet is quite ok for me unless they are up to their silly once a while antics.....
    HAHA!! sicknet. purpose or accident?

I was using Starhub until my dad signed up for Singnet thanks to that laptop offer last year. I was furious....coz the contract was for a freaking three years.

Starhub is not perfect..naturally. There are cases of dropped lines as well, and my top piff is the lack of a free email address. But the switch to singnet not only meant more dropped lines, it also meant lots of problems with the firewall interfering in my daily usage and restricted bandwidth as a result.

Boy...I am just waiting for another 2 years to pass before switching immediately back to starhub!
    D300s D200 350D | N18-200VRII N18-70 N50 TK12-24 S70-300 TR18-200

Quote Originally Posted by huaiwei
    I was using Starhub until my dad signed up for Singnet thanks to that laptop offer last year. I was furious....coz the contract was for a freaking three years.

Starhub is not perfect..naturally. There are cases of dropped lines as well, and my top piff is the lack of a free email address. But the switch to singnet not only meant more dropped lines, it also meant lots of problems with the firewall interfering in my daily usage and restricted bandwidth as a result.

Boy...I am just waiting for another 2 years to pass before switching immediately back to starhub!
    nabei.....i got psp for the freaking 3 years... they refuse to take back...

just shot myself in the legs as i just signed 2 yrs' contract for 3500 kpbs one with them. reason? one of my fren is working there and my hubby buys his story when we shifted house lor @#$%^& .

i think starhub also has down times but not as much as singnet. of course the prices wise, singnet seems relatively cheaper. i mean we're talking approx S$62 per mth if you take up starhub. depends on your usage lah. for me normal usage is fine but for those downloading stuffs and often on net one sure buay tahan lor. think the front line ppl probably got it from millions of ppl everytime singnet is down, and they lost their patience in the midst of trying to solve the problems. i'm somewhat in the customer service (partly) and i understand how they feel. haiz..
    爱是要时间慢慢培养的。。

Just to share a couple of things from experience...

I've with been SingNet since way back and in the early days of Internet I was even with all three of the providers at once, SingNet, Pacific Net and Starhub (then known as Cyberway). When ADSL came along, I got onboard with SingNet and later signed on with Starhub as well. Ultimately, what made me stay on with SingNet, dropping the others, was that my applications were able to achieve a high and consistant data transfer rate throughout the entire day with no port restrictions.

Are they therefore the best? Not by a long shot if we look at their customer service and the many complaints of disconnections. So what then....? We can't solve their customer service problems for them and complaining to customer service that their customer service is bad is like telling an idiot that he is an idiot. So, we tackle the frequent disconnection issue.

About four months ago, I was plagued by frequent disconnections that would begin from 8pm and last all the way to around 12:30am. It would connect for five minutes, drop the connection and spend the next 10 minutes attempting to connect, succeed and then repeat the cycle again. Sounds familiar? I called SingNet and they, predictably, blamed my router and line. I asked them to help me solve it, adding also that I knew it was not a line or router issue and they sent a tech over to test both. His verdict? Both were perfect and I was achieving a higher transfer rate than normal...DUH! That was what I told the guy over the phone but they needed to send someone over to "check". Well, he left, promising to get the backend people to check.

One week went by and the line was still doing its nightly "sit-ups", so I called them again. They read me the same prepared script about my router and line and said they would send someone down to test the line. I let them finish their 5 min speech before telling them that they had already sent a tech down a week ago and that he had given my system a clean bill of health. "Oh," they said "ahhh, he'll bring down a dianostic tool to check your lines this time." I said "Ok" and waited a few days for the guy. He came, he tested, he sighed and agreed that the line was better than normal and promised to report his findings to the "backenders".

Another week went by and the line was still like a bungee so I called up for another date. They asked me for my user id, like they always do, and proceeded to read from the prepared script about the router and line and their need to send a tech again. Once again I let them have their 5 minutes of say. First timers beware, for some reason if you interrupt them in the middle of this speech they go "Uh, uh, uh, ooh, uh, um" and will rewind some surgically hidden tape and begin all over again; let them finish their speech, you have been warned. Anyway, once the speech was over, I asked to talk to their supervisor, "Why sir, he is quite busy at the moment," they asked me, "Cause this is the third time I have reported this same problem to Singnet's customer service and this is the third time you will be sending someone down to test my line and this will be the third time he will be telling me that my line is better than normal and this will be the third time I would have to do my conference in the office instead of at home in the comfort of my study in my underware" was my reply, I didn't actually mention the underware part, but it was on my mind.

That got their attention and they called their supervisor. It probably wasn't my tone but rather the fact that I blurted everything out in a single long sentence that resulted in a burn out of their monosyllabic processing cells that prompted them to hit the panic button. So the supervisor came on line and will you believe it? He was going to read the script to me too until I stopped him and told him that if they did not resolve the issue for me in 4 days, he was going to see an essay in the ST about the shocking quality of their service and their audacity in claiming to be the best service provider when they could not even troubleshoot an issue that a freshie out of tech school could have solved in minutes. His best reply to that was "Uh, sir..." so I said that I would also put in the essay our PM's call for "excellence in service" and how he should maybe take a closer look at SingTel first.

His reply to this was..."I'll send down a tech and a systems engineer to troubleshoot the issue...will Wednesday 11am to 1pm be ok?" Since it was Monday night and Wednesday was well within the four days I gave them, I agreed.

Wednesday came and the tech showed up but the engineer was away on an extended toilet break. I called the supervisor and repeated my promise to him and offered to email him a copy of the essay right then and there for his sneak preview. He called me back 10mins later and had an engineer at the backend checking the issue. After about another 2 hours of twiddling around he called back to apologise and to say that they had mad some adjustments and that hopefully it would fix the issue.

What do you know, in the last three months after the adjustments, my line has only dropped 3 times, excluding the server outage a couple of days ago.

What I'm trying to do here, other than kill time, is to explain that there aren't any perfect systems or companies since every one of them are designed or run by human beings who have one goal in life and that is to screw everyone and get paid for it. We can however, by standing straight and still with our hands in the right places, avoid this...what I mean is to be patient and firm about your rights without being abusive and take action when all else fails and even then, do it without being abusive.

I have several friends and clients who have also experienced this frequent nightly disconnections and when they did what I did, that is to let them send their techs several times before pointing out to them that the problem obviously lies elsewhere...DUH! Their problems were fixed too.

Cheers

Let me share with you a sure-fire way to get through to the idiots at singnet/singtel.

Write to the forums. Straits Times, Today, etc.

Their public relations will call you back. Don't talk to customer service. Hit them where it hurts.

They pissed me off twice, twice I wrote in. One got published in the Straits Times forum proper, the other was posted in their online forum.

Both times I had this chick from PR call me back the next day to resolve. And man can that chick make things happen.

Customer service "Sorry sir we have to investigate and call you back"
    PR chick "Sorry sir I will rectify the problem. Can we offer you [insert random freebie to shut me up]"

I think the secret is gettting thru to the LEE at the top. Don't think he likes to read bad stuff 'bout his singtel.

ohh...should have seen ur post earlier....haa...jus call them 30 mins ago onli.....but refuse to let them come check my line again (they check last mth liao) coz I feel tat they wasting my time....

oh well, guess I might jus try wat u did and hope it help~!

Quote Originally Posted by solarii
    Let me share with you a sure-fire way to get through to the idiots at singnet/singtel.

Write to the forums. Straits Times, Today, etc.

Their public relations will call you back. Don't talk to customer service. Hit them where it hurts.

They pissed me off twice, twice I wrote in. One got published in the Straits Times forum proper, the other was posted in their online forum.

Both times I had this chick from PR call me back the next day to resolve. And man can that chick make things happen.

Customer service "Sorry sir we have to investigate and call you back"
    PR chick "Sorry sir I will rectify the problem. Can we offer you [insert random freebie to shut me up]"

I think the secret is gettting thru to the LEE at the top. Don't think he likes to read bad stuff 'bout his singtel.
    maybe tat why we see alot of ppl writing to the ST forum nowadays to complain abt every small things.....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast