Thread: drY box

Default drY box

Just bought a 350D and now thinking of getting a dry box.. Can anyone recommend? i saw those 20plus nikon dry box selling at some camera shops, are they reliable and practical?

Default Re: drY box

Quote Originally Posted by andrOo
    Just bought a 350D and now thinking of getting a dry box.. Can anyone recommend? i saw those 20plus nikon dry box selling at some camera shops, are they reliable and practical?
    Hi there,

Not very sure how to advice you on this, but my personal advice is to get a dry cabinet instead of a dry box so that you can get more room if you want to add more accessories or lenses in the future. However, if you are not going to expand your accessories or lenses, you can consider using a dry box. Just my personal experience, I changed my Dry cabinet for 2 times in less than a year. So, do some proper planning and consideration instead.

FYI, I think that Digi-Cabi is selling a 40L Dry Cabinet at $99 only If I Remember Correctly (IIRC). Alternatively, you can try to check out digihub.
    Last edited by Francis247; 7th July 2006 at 05:44 PM.
    莫问前程有愧,只求今生无悔. Time pasts, Places changed, Beauty faded, what is left are Photos of Memories…

Quote Originally Posted by Francis247
    Hi there,

Not very sure how to advice you on this, but my personal advice is to get a dry cabinet instead of a dry box so that you can get more room if you want to add more accessories or lenses in the future. However, if you are not going to expand your accessories or lenses, you can consider using a dry box. Just my personal experience, I changed my Dry cabinet for 2 times in less than a year. So, do some proper planning and consideration instead.

FYI, I think that Digi-Cabi is selling a 40L Dry Cabinet at $99 only If I Remember Correctly (IIRC). Alternatively, you can try to check out digihub.

Hihi.. THanks alot for the informations, i'll go and see see and decide, thou maybe getting a dry box first, since not thinking of expanding so fast yet..

Hihi.. THanks alot for the informations, i'll go and see see and decide, thou maybe getting a dry box first, since not thinking of expanding so fast yet..
    Hi there,

Alternative, you can check out Carrefour for their Dry Cabinet option. But if you really want to get the Dry Box, you can check out those camera shops as listed here. I will usually recommend MS Colour (Look for Florence) or TK Foto (Look for James or Richard).

Hope that helps.
    莫问前程有愧,只求今生无悔. Time pasts, Places changed, Beauty faded, what is left are Photos of Memories…

Hi there,

Alternative, you can check out Carrefour for their Dry Cabinet option. But if you really want to get the Dry Box, you can check out those camera shops as listed here. I will usually recommend MS Colour (Look for Florence) or TK Foto (Look for James or Richard).

Hope that helps.
    Thanks alot for the info. Will go check it out tomorrow.. Haha.. Now in the buy buy buy mOod.. Need to buy lots of things. Haha..

Thanks alot for the info. Will go check it out tomorrow.. Haha.. Now in the buy buy buy mOod.. Need to buy lots of things. Haha..
    Just be careful with the Buy Buy Buy virus going around. That is why I need to change my Dry Cabinet from 30L to 60L to 120L in less than a year.

Just be careful with the Buy Buy Buy virus going around. That is why I need to change my Dry Cabinet from 30L to 60L to 120L in less than a year.
    Hmmm, actually you need to change DryCab from bigger to smaller one to avoid BBB virus .

Regards,
    Arto.

Quote Originally Posted by Artosoft
    Hmmm, actually you need to change DryCab from bigger to smaller one to avoid BBB virus .

Regards,
    Arto.
    Nay, too late for a cure. So might as well.

Anyway, to ThreadStarter (TS), do make careful planning on your purchase. All the best to you.

haa haa, BBB virus!!!

i would strongly suggest a dry cabinet. its not ex. a digicab one with lcd display is about 99 for 30L from carrefour.

i also got a dry box 20L before i got this 30L. i changed once i got the time to go buy 1. cos i very lazy to keep topping up the silica gel.

the cabinet is neater to tidy. can fit more things in fact. i can put 2 or 3 bodies on the top level, my sb600 and all my filters and batt in 2nd level and about 5 to 6 lens on the bottom...

so dont waste the money on dry box....

thats my opinion lah....
    D70s-er Since 2005

Pro tio si pro lah.

I still using the 80L one.

Quote Originally Posted by longkangman
    Pro tio si pro lah.

I still using the 80L one.

I have one section for my filters. Trying to clear up some of my 52mm and 67mm already.

Anyway, I prefer a larger cabinet so that I can sort out what I need easily. That is why I never settle for a dry box initially. Hope that TS can do a consideration, but it is just my opinion. Cheerz.

I have one section for my filters. Trying to clear up some of my 52mm and 67mm already.

Anyway, I prefer a larger cabinet so that I can sort out what I need easily. That is why I never settle for a dry box initially. Hope that TS can do a consideration, but it is just my opinion. Cheerz.

Haha.. Since it's the case for most ppl, i better go get a dry cabinet rather than a dry box.. Is there anything to do to maintain it? Or i just chunk all my equipment into it and that's all..

Haha.. Since it's the case for most ppl, i better go get a dry cabinet rather than a dry box.. Is there anything to do to maintain it? Or i just chunk all my equipment into it and that's all..
    Well, Dry Cabinet don't really need any maintainance. Just remember to set the Relative Humidity (RH) to be within the range of 45% ~ 55%.

Well, Dry Cabinet don't really need any maintainance. Just remember to set the Relative Humidity (RH) to be within the range of 45% ~ 55%.
    Thanks alot for all the information you've feed me with..

Thanks alot for all the information you've feed me with..
    No problem. All the best to you.

Red face Re: drY box

Yup... I regretted... Sigh... Got an analog (non-digital display) dry-cabinet instead... Somemore, 23L one... AH!!! Same price ($99) can get a bigger (30L) and digital one... DAMNED... Seemed like being cheated...

Anyway, I thought it's better to set the Relative Humidity (RH) to be within the range of 30% ~ 50%? Some pro. please enlighten me... Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Weigang
    Yup... I regretted... Sigh... Got an analog (non-digital display) dry-cabinet instead... Somemore, 23L one... AH!!! Same price ($99) can get a bigger (30L) and digital one... DAMNED... Seemed like being cheated...

Anyway, I thought it's better to set the Relative Humidity (RH) to be within the range of 30% ~ 50%? Some pro. please enlighten me... Thanks.
    Hi there,

The range is almost there. But if the RH is too low, it may dry up some of the oil, grease and lubricant in the lenses or moving parts of the camera.

Fully agreed with you I bought a small one, later get 200mm lens cannot put in, so get a slighty bigger one then bought some more accessories end up not enough space.

Therefore is better to buy a bigger one.

Cheers

BBB, then can put other things inside also! maybe even a kitchen sink???

hmmm.... 30% would be a bit too low? 40-45% would be ok liao... mine is at 45% sometimes reach 43%.
    D70s-er Since 2005