Thread: Retaining image quality??

roSsIfUmI
    Guests

Default Retaining image quality??

Good Day,

I just bought a cam and my pics are 1080 * 690. I have the following queries to make : -

1) I would like to know one how to go about retaining the quality of the file as well reducing the image viewing area (sorry aint sure of this term).

2) What is the normal file size or canvass should it be if i were to send it to the photo developer.

3) Image pixels and filesize
    a)2832 x 2128 (normal) 1.2mb
    b)2832 x 2128 (fine) 2.4mb
    c)2048 x 1536 (fine) 1.3mb
    I would like to know which will have the best quality pix.

Sorry for be swakoo. I would like to thank those who were reply to this thread in advance.

Default Re: Retaining image quality??

I just bought a cam and my pics are 1080 * 690. I have the following queries to make : -

1280*960 you mean? That means you are shooting in 1MP mode on your 602....why don't you use a higher quality option?

1) I would like to know one how to go about retaining the quality of the file as well reducing the image viewing area (sorry aint sure of this term).
    Use the largest megapixel setting(6MP/fine) so that when you crop you will still have sufficient pixels to produce a decent image. Of course, try not to crop too much.

2) What is the normal file size or canvass should it be if i were to send it to the photo developer.
    As large as possible for best quality, since you should burn it on CDR. Just be sure to crop to proper aspect ratio for the type of pic you want.(4R/5R/8R/8RC..etc)

Do a search on aspect ratios for digital photo developing. There are threads on it in both HWZ and Clubsnap.

3) Image pixels and filesize
    a)2832 x 2128 (normal) 1.2mb
    b)2832 x 2128 (fine) 2.4mb
    c)2048 x 1536 (fine) 1.3mb
    I would like to know which will have the best quality pix.

Of course its the 6MP/fine mode or 6MP/TIFF if you are neurotic about quality.