Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spain

Maybe we ought to have a database for all these stuff. Sure you can find a lot of info on the net, but to get a recommendation from fellow country man is always better I think.

30 euro for single room not too bad I think.

I've been planning to go backpacker's style... but don't know if I can make it or not..... hehehe!!!

When do you intend to go, for how long and for how much?

Originally posted by Silverelf
    I've been planning to go backpacker's style... but don't know if I can make it or not..... hehehe!!!

Originally posted by rochkoh
    When do you intend to go, for how long and for how much?

Definitely depends on my available budget, but I was thinking of something along the lines of 7-10 days on a budget of approximately $2500 (this is for a first time back pack). Of course probably would have to research and adjust the budget if needed but I think trying to keep within the budget would be a great challenge... especially for me!!!

I hope to go during summer or one of the fine weather periods first and when I get more comfortable with backpacking then it's anything goes!

Originally posted by skyflash

I planned to do that. But, my main pack went to Nice/France instead of Madrid. :P Anyway, it is quite taxing to go backpacker.

Talked to some backpacking folks while waiting for the train. Oh well, their mainpack is at least twice the weight of mine, and they are ladies.
    If anyone has advice for backpacking... please please advice me... me poor dolt who wants to see world... Can you believe I had planned for a trip last year already? Was to Portugal though... not Spain.... though I made a comment about taking a bus out of Madrid that my friends woulg NEVER let me live down....

Originally posted by NitroTech

Then i will work with your budget mate!!! Better for me as well..... But really , the festival of Sanfermin is a must!!! Will the timing be right for you? Assuming you go after Wimbledon.
    Accomodation during San Fermin is expensive, they get booked months before the event. Plus Pamplona is small town, most hostel operators don't speak English, if you call to book, you better speak some basic Spanish, like asking to book a room in Espanol.
    expect to pay like 100 Euros for one night's accomodation, for a twin sharing bedroom, shared bathroom, no star hostel. Probably cheaper for 4 /6 bunkbed accomodation

A friend slept in Park during that festival. Its cold there, even though its July. Be prepared with track pants, sweaters if you intend to go for the festival.
    Last edited by baobei; 3rd March 2003 at 03:44 PM.

Originally posted by baobei

Accomodation during San Fermin is expensive, they get booked months before the event. Plus Pamplona is small town, most hostel operators don't speak English, if you call to book, you better speak some basic Spanish, like asking to book a room in Espanol.
    expect to pay like 100 Euros for one night's accomodation, for a twin sharing bedroom, shared bathroom, no star hostel. Probably cheaper for 4 /6 bunkbed accomodation

A friend slept in Park during that festival. Its cold there, even though its July. Be prepared with track pants, sweaters.
    I didn't run along with the bulls, man it was freezing at blardy 6am in the morning, and i only hd berms, nothing warm enough for the weather ( wasn't drowning myself in sangria either )
    Saw few people's arses HORNED right across where I was standing., no thank you, don't want to end up rest of my journey in Spanish hospital. But its really personal choice.

But you could just feel the atmosphere, the excitment, standing around as the audience, and probably smelling legs & arses. San Fermin, definitely well recommended.

oh, wear shoes too, not sandels. there will be many plenty of broken glass along EVERY street in old city.
    Last edited by baobei; 3rd March 2003 at 03:47 PM.

I think you can find some images of Spain here...

http://www.nelsontan.com/gallery.htm

Originally posted by baobei

A friend slept in Park during that festival. Its cold there, even though its July. Be prepared with track pants, sweaters if you intend to go for the festival.
    Thanks for the info mate. I have already sorted out my accomodation at Pamplona so no worries there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12