Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: resignation day

Default Re: resignation day

Leave in the month that has the least no. of working days. You aren't paid on those days you are not working (i.e. Saturday and Sunday).

Quote Originally Posted by pixelArtwork
    Leave in the month that has the least no. of working days. You aren't paid on those days you are not working (i.e. Saturday and Sunday).
    per day rate = salary / total working days

so if that month got less weekends, then per day rate is higher

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    be calculative only if you want to be. be 'chin chye' only if you want to be. the choice is up to you.
    yeah you are right, guess i will just take any day. it is quite tired when u feel like life is sucking away in a job u want to leave..

Smile Re: resignation day

then, all the best to you.

Quote Originally Posted by LENS
    yeah you are right, guess i will just take any day. it is quite tired when u feel like life is sucking away in a job u want to leave..

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    are you a working adult?
    I'm working adult. company pay my salary after work for one full month. Anyone here get pay first then work later??

Smile Re: resignation day

most unlikely. but there are many who have pay day, say, on the 26th of every month. so salary for the entire month are paid on the 26th, although from 27th to end of the month are unearned yet.

Quote Originally Posted by JL1500k
    Anyone here get pay first then work later??

Quote Originally Posted by LENS
    Hi guys, which day we should choose to leave? friday or monday? if leave on friday, saturday and sunday got paid or not?

usually last day is friday or can be anyday? need help..ha.

I believe Saturday and Sundays are not paid anyway, so you will not have a problem

Leave on the day when you have done everything 'swee swee' for the boss if you are on good term withyour current boss.

Leave the very same day you blasted all your bosses if you can't see eye to eye with them.

Leave any day if its a so-so job with a so-so boss.

But all the above only applies if you have found another job.

i thot the pay is calculated as (no. of working day u did) divide by (no. of official working day in the month) times (ur last drawn monthly salary)???

so leave any day u like, but choose the month with the least working day. (and also remember, public holiday is not considered as working day)

Different companies have different ways of computing pay and leave entitlement. So check with your HR.

Some companies actually multiply your monthly salary by 12 then divide by 365 to get your daily wage, then multiply again by the number of days you work in that month. This is to prevent you getting more in shorter months like in Feb or those months with 30 days.

Anthony

I prefer Friday, cause that SUN is always very 'empowering' knowing that you're not going back to that co. tomorrow. Great Feeling..

quit on monday bah.."extra" 2 days pay in sat and sun

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyday
    quit on monday bah.."extra" 2 days pay in sat and sun
    If you have a Chinese boss, Tuesday is safer.

best is leave immediately after you serve notice

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12