Thread: Anyone tried Cosmos Tours b4?

Default Anyone tried Cosmos Tours b4?

Was looking for a land package tour in europe (I have my own air ticket), and was comparing prices from companies like Trafalgar, Insight, Contiki, Globus, and then stumbled upon Cosmos Tours, which offers budget land tours in Europe, NA and ANZ.

Their agent in Singapore is Scenic Travel.

Anyone gone on a Cosmos Tour before, any experience or comments to share? Thanks.

Default Re: Anyone tried Cosmos Tours b4?

Hi there, I haven't tried Cosmos yet, but if you are looking for a really fun trip with relatively low budget, then I highly recommend Contiki. I went to Europe for a few weeks a few years ago with Contiki and it was the best 3 weeks of my life so far

Dude

JUst a lil advise, u dont really need to follow a tour while in Europe. Everything is so easy n very accessible. SO better to do it on ur own. If u'r afraid of gettin lost n stuff, then choose those hostel to stay in n make frens with other people. U can easily hook up with them n go on ur own tour. Lagi more fun.

yeah bro, get your own lonely planet or let's go... been living off them whenever i leave the country. no more travel agencies.
    see my portfolio, for your comments.

Cosmos is the budget arm of Globus Tours ... Very experienced and professinal tour operators.

But if you are the young and active sort, I suggest you go with Contiki ... definately more fun ... Contiki is for people between 18-35 ... so the age group is more limited and therfore prob people with more similar interest and "energy level". The other tour operators are open to all ... so just the luck of your draw on how many youn people or old folks you have on your tour.

These tour operators will beat any locally organised tours hands-down ... any day. They have an international crowd, professional and knowledgable tour conductors, and a variety of different meals ... much better than just travelling with a whole bus load of Singaporeans and eating Chinese dinner every night.

RGDs

went on a cosmos tour to europe. I think it is well worth to join the cosmos tour for Europe. One thing is that they don't speak much english and the transportation will probably be a hassle. You definately can see more things on a tour as they will buy tickets for you in advance. There are shorter queues for tour groups. Impt if you going to summer. The vatican queue was like SOOOOO long. Basically good for people on a budget who doesn't want to plan. Just go and relax, see things. no need to book hotels, find food, find trains, etc.

And the tour price is like REALLY cheap for cosmos. Did not join contiki as I am not into nightlife and prefer to wake up early to go places in the morning. Heard contiki tours end LATE and start late.

The main bad thing is that some of the hotel is very inaccesible hard to go out on your own. The hotel at swiss was right beside a rail track.... cannot sleep well that night
    Last edited by wind30; 7th July 2006 at 09:59 AM.

Thanks for sharing your experiences guys Hope to hear from more.

I'll have a look at Contiki also, see what they have to offer.

Cosmos have such a good price that I won't really save alot of $ by travelling on my own, plus the hassle of lugging my backpack (and camera gear) through trains, buses and streets full of pickpockets. Downside is that I have to follow their iterery, but I should be extending a few more days on my own after the tour.