Thread: Life... What is important

Default Re: Life... What is important

Why my thread become a cat thread???lol

cat thread? meow...
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by dawgbyte77
    Last of the last OT. I'm just kidding. Poking fun at the cat thing in general and not on your view. I do agree cats are very independent and aloof and not so emotionally clingy like dogs. Peace!
    i like both cats n dogs. peace too
    爱是要时间慢慢培养的。。

Blog Entries

moof!

Last edited by ortega; 6th July 2006 at 02:56 PM.

Since they start this first... Great.. now don't blame me....

Next time want photos for report or project, please use your camera phone is you can't pay market rate, no friend rate le... If U want to ask me about bio and chem module things because i had A level background... Sorry.. I fail my A level remember, if not I'll not be in poly...

Now com lab.. last time know how to book a place for me.. now I'm trash le... throw me around the lab... Great lor...

Quote Originally Posted by clarinet
    Hahahaha..... Haiz..... Clarinet..... Oh Clarinet! Clarinet! Watever will b will b........

A perfect example of how important things in life constantly change over time. Come to think of it, get a cat or dog. They will always need you and will always be with there for you. But close the door just in case.

sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    cheer up okay??????? negativity is BAD BAD BAD
    爱是要时间慢慢培养的。。

Quote Originally Posted by furrycake
    sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    cheer up okay??????? negativity is BAD BAD BAD
    I want to... why where ever a place i go.. alway need to to cry badly for one time...

I want to... why where ever a place i go.. alway need to to cry badly for one time...
    Look for Uncle Ola to talk to loh!!!! He can make ur heart feel peace!!!

crying is only a relieve of emotions. if you accept yourself fully and be positive, nothing can get you down! BUT if you persist to be negative, good things also become bad!! go, claris, go~~
    爱是要时间慢慢培养的。。

Maybe i'm old and bitter. I've kinda given up on finding 'companionship'.
    Maybe I'm really an *******, but i can't help but be me. I'm an innocent *******
    I'm now trying to live life as a loner who can be social, with only occassional findings of 'friendship' and whatever, which I do not have expectations of permanence.

I might have learnt to enjoy temporary things, fleeting moments... Perhaps you should too?

If you die die want things to be permanent or longlasting, just take a picture

I want companionship.. how to go extreme?? can't go around and grap one right... people will think I'm a siao girl..

Don't say about bf... even friends leave me after i'm not in use to them..

Quote Originally Posted by furrycake
    i like both cats n dogs. peace too
    peace yet you ....
    除了爱, 我一无所有

This is the opposite of what I am recommending. If you are always sad, the people around you can sense this and it will also make them sad. And people will start distancing themselves from you because they do not want to feel sad and helpless anymore. I don't want to sound negative here but if you think you want to agree with what I'm saying then be more cheerful. Alternatively, try to hang around with cheerful people and let the cheeriness rub in to you. And see how you feel and then use this same feelings to grow more friends. You will never win everyones heart, only those few that matters but I guarantee its worth it.

no need intro.. I'm ugly... fat and dunno what...
    Ugly, or ugly duckling? Or swan? I'm sure you've heard about the story. I have not seen an absolutely ugly person, sort of the "elephant man". Even then, we still have cosmetic surgery.

Fat? Well, fat can be cute leh. And I'm sure you know what to do if you dun what to be fat anymore - matter of will power and determination.

Happiness? Well, it is a decision - from this moment onwards, I decide to be happen, just like that. Pure and simple. Why dun you just go to Popular and get a book about it. One of the best thing to be happy is to help others. Like helping others solve their photo problems here in CS or just post some great photos to share for all to see and let them download it if they wish to. Sometimes, people come back to say a word of thanks for sharing, but most of the time, nothing. I am happy that something like a 1000 people have seen my photos.

CS is a good place to start making friends, especially we have a common hobby. Most CSers are friendly and helpful, except a few nasty ones around (and we know who they are)
    I love big car, big house, big lenses, but small apertures.

Does karma exist?

If you are a Buddhist, you'll believe in karma, and you'll believe that what you have or do not have now is a result of what you did or did not do in your previous lives, and what you do now will determine what you have or do not have your future lives.

So if you're happy, prosperous, surrounded by friends, etc. right now it's because you accummulated enough merits in past lives, and vice versa.

Anyway, that's if you're Buddhist. If you're not Buddhist, well, anything goes...

But frankly, to me whether your life is bad now because of what you did in your past lives is unimportant. The fact is that you can't change your past (or your past lives, if you believe in that). The only thing you can do is to change your present, and how you react to your present circumstances.

If you want to be happy, rich, etc. you have to learn how to be happy, rich, etc. Moping around just because it is all because of your past deeds is not helpful.

To take just one example, so what if you have no girlfriend now. You may be envious of your friends who have girlfriends, but if you really knew the responsibilities and load that comes with having a girlfriend (and in future, having a family if you decide to get married), you'll realise it's quite a big load.

You have two choices: either you learn why you are not successful in finding a girlfriend and change it (eg maybe you need to work on your personality) or maybe you decide (after thinking about the issues above) that maybe a single life is not so bad after all-- so much freedom-- and decide to be happy with no girlfriend.

Either way, you choose, and you decide your own happiness rather than moping around.

So what is life all about.. Different people has different priority in life. Different people are born at different level of society. Some are born rich and are rich throughout their life while some is born poor and attain wealth during their lifetime.

So what is important in life? Money? Not really, money can't buy happiness or love. So is it love or happiness is more important? Not really too. We need a bit of everythings to achieve fullest in life.

My life is lacking of everything. Schoolmates are with me when they find that I'm still in use to them and will leave me once I'm no longer useful. This happen throughout my Pri, sec, JC up till now, in poly.

My love life has score a blank. Maybe not blank, it's total failure. Am I having a nightmare or what. I'm very envious of mamy people, they seem surrounded with true friends, has a happy life and beautiful love life.

So back to the topic, does Karma exsit? If not, then why some or born and lead a happy and fulfilling life all the whole life while some are born to suffer...

Comment??
    Last edited by waileong; 6th July 2006 at 03:58 PM.

What is important in life is simply:

Enjoy what you are doing.

I don't think that one can place what is important in life, because at different stages it's different things.

Personally, all good things come to an end. I for one, always change frens... i can't say i have any frens whom i am close with. Usually such people only last for a year or max 3 years (that's a record for me). Sometimes it's just that the fate that brings us together had ended, then we just have to move on. No use holding onto things, will make one even more upset.

I felt that it's true that some are born to suffer a bit more than others, and some are just born plain lucky... but in the end, what is it that you want? I meant u can just end your life now, maybe that will reset the game... but then again what make u think that you might reach this stage again after resetting it?

Just learn to let go.

May i recommend a book : The art of happiness by the Dalai Lama.

Maybe you'll discover what life is about?

Thank people for lending me your listening ear...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast