Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49

Thread: how to shoot the fire work??

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tanjong Katong
    Posts
    3,710

    Default Re: how to shoot the fire work??

    Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch
    Tomorrow night's rehersal got fireworks or not?
    Yes, please, any info...? If not I will be like a blur-blur man with camera and tripod facing stadium shoot nothing .

    Regards,
    Arto.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    1.45N 103.83E
    Posts
    3,202

    Default Re: how to shoot the fire work??

    Quote Originally Posted by Artosoft
    Yes, please, any info...? If not I will be like a blur-blur man with camera and tripod facing stadium shoot nothing .

    Regards,
    Arto.
    Aiyah no fireworks still can shoot night scene of the stadium.

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Johor Bahru, Malaysia
    Posts
    830

    Default Re: how to shoot the fire work??

    my fren tell last time when he at disney hk, also shooting the firework with remote the black card... he usr self timer n his hand for shooting... another smart way to shooting... cheers....!!!

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tanjong Katong
    Posts
    3,710

    Default Re: how to shoot the fire work??

    Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch
    Aiyah no fireworks still can shoot night scene of the stadium.
    Don't have fireworks today . Lucky I am not go...

    Regards,
    Arto.

  5. #25

    Default Re: how to shoot the fire work??

    Quote Originally Posted by Artosoft
    Don't have fireworks today . Lucky I am not go...

    Regards,
    Arto.
    they didnt have high level fireworks la...had some smaller ones...

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tanjong Katong
    Posts
    3,710

    Default Re: how to shoot the fire work??

    Quote Originally Posted by bent
    they didnt have high level fireworks la...had some smaller ones...
    Still lucky. From my place, if smaller fireworks I can't take photos also .

    Regards,
    Arto.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    1.45N 103.83E
    Posts
    3,202

    Default Re: how to shoot the fire work??

    Anyone knows when is the next date they will display fireworks? I need some pratice before the actual day.

  8. #28

    Default Re: how to shoot the fire work??

    prob 29th july which is the actual preview date.

    sat's NE shjow is for P5 kids...dun think will haf

    EDIT: heard there will be full scale fireworks tmr
    Last edited by bent; 14th July 2006 at 09:22 PM.

  9. #29

    Default Re: how to shoot the fire work??

    if i not wrong this saturday 8pm-8.30pm

  10. #30
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    3,539

    Default Re: how to shoot the fire work??

    Everybody shooting?

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    sewage drain/manhole
    Posts
    5,011

    Default Re: how to shoot the fire work??

    Better be there early hor.

  12. #32
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    3,539

    Default Re: how to shoot the fire work??

    Quote Originally Posted by longkangman
    Better be there early hor.
    You going?

  13. #33
    Senior Member G-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    2,216

    Default Re: how to shoot the fire work??

    Actually, isn't the black card used to cover the lens while keeping the shutter open (B mode)?

    Correct me if I'm wrong but by doing so, one can actually include a few firings of the fireworks within 1 frame by first exposing for 1 firework(is there evne such a word?), covering the lens then exposing the lens again when the next salvo comes?

  14. #34

    Default Re: how to shoot the fire work??

    Shooting the fireworks is easy.

    The difficult part is finding the "ideal" location to shoot from.

    Need to do some homework on the exact location where the fireworks will be fired from, how high the fireworks would be (what type) and their direction at which they face, and be familiar with the place.

    The ideal location should have :

    Composition : foreground/background

    Ideal distance between your shooting location and fireworks firing spot to have the appropriate angle of view to capture all the fireworks as well as all the things you want in your picture for your composition. Take into account your ideal focal length to be used. (e.g. with wide angle lens).

    Light condition at shooting location. Not too bright and not too dark (until you can't see anything). Avoid facing unnecessary bright light source to the camera.

    Facing perpendicularly to the fireworks so that any distinctive fireworks patterns in the air can be captured nicely or in the way you want them.

  15. #35

    Default Re: how to shoot the fire work??

    Hi all. Just got myself a D50, still experimenting around with it.

    Regarding the NDP '06,

    15th July will be NE Show
    22nd July will be CR
    29th July will be Preview
    5th Aug is a reserved date for CR
    (if any CR gets cancelled they'll go for 5/8, but based on experience they might just get called to do one more run before Actual)

    Fireworks will be concentrated around 2 timings, 8pm and 9.25pm. Road closures will be extended to Mountbatten Rd during these times, beyond the usual Stadium roads.

    I'll be down to try my luck but I'm a newbie as well, so a lot of trial-and-error will be required for the special night shot.

  16. #36

    Default Re: how to shoot the fire work??

    Quote Originally Posted by G-man
    Actually, isn't the black card used to cover the lens while keeping the shutter open (B mode)?

    Correct me if I'm wrong but by doing so, one can actually include a few firings of the fireworks within 1 frame by first exposing for 1 firework(is there evne such a word?), covering the lens then exposing the lens again when the next salvo comes?
    You are right.

  17. #37
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    3,539

    Default Re: how to shoot the fire work??

    Quote Originally Posted by G-man
    Actually, isn't the black card used to cover the lens while keeping the shutter open (B mode)?

    Correct me if I'm wrong but by doing so, one can actually include a few firings of the fireworks within 1 frame by first exposing for 1 firework(is there evne such a word?), covering the lens then exposing the lens again when the next salvo comes?
    It also allows you to cut down the possibility of shutter slap.

  18. #38

    Default Re: how to shoot the fire work??

    heard there will be full scale fireworks tmr..

  19. #39
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: how to shoot the fire work??

    Quote Originally Posted by tamago
    Hi all. Just got myself a D50, still experimenting around with it.

    Regarding the NDP '06,

    15th July will be NE Show
    22nd July will be CR
    29th July will be Preview
    5th Aug is a reserved date for CR
    (if any CR gets cancelled they'll go for 5/8, but based on experience they might just get called to do one more run before Actual)

    Fireworks will be concentrated around 2 timings, 8pm and 9.25pm. Road closures will be extended to Mountbatten Rd during these times, beyond the usual Stadium roads.

    I'll be down to try my luck but I'm a newbie as well, so a lot of trial-and-error will be required for the special night shot.
    You're here too?

    What's CR?

  20. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Catchment Area
    Posts
    2,441

    Default Re: how to shoot the fire work??

    Quote Originally Posted by joey91
    next month got singapore fire work festival...
    any detail of skill for shooting?? i know need to use the black card... but i dunno how to use...:

    any senior can teach?? thx!!!
    Not teach la, just share some tips here. In addition to the great article on fireworks, I have this to share:
    1 I prefer small aperture like F13 to F16
    2 Use sunlight WB and never AWB to get the correct colour. AWB will give you lots of white streaks, instead of colourful ones.
    3 As it is long exposure, do NOT turn on the long exposure NR. The processing will be long and you're not able to shoot the next shot immediately.

    So, for those who go, have FuN shooting and dun forget to post some good ones for all to see.
    I love big car, big house, big lenses, but small apertures.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •