Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where to get cheap drybox

Originally posted by Silverelf
    Hehe.. I'm a lazy bum so my cam has been sitting around in my room for half a year... not in any dry box or anything... ooopsss.. is it VERY VERY easy to get all the growths..?
    in this humid environment of ours, moulds and fungi grow very easily.

Originally posted by localhost

heres the dry box I bought... anyhow shoot one so dun critise... just only show u roughly how big is the box...
    This box is not good, the plastic locks sucks. I used it primary to store my slides folder, but I have to check every month for leakage. Initially the meter gone down to 50% when I put a fresh pack of gel in it. Not opening the box at all, within two months the Humility gone up to 63% plus. This is very bad, because it shows moisture leaking into the Dry Box and this does not happen to all my other boxes with metal clips.
    Last edited by jasonpgc; 16th January 2003 at 04:48 PM.

Originally posted by jasonpgc

This box is not good, the plastic locks sucks. I used it primary to store my slides folder, but I have to check every month for leakage. Initially the meter gone down to 50% when I put a fresh pack of gel in it. Not opening the box at all, within two months the Humility gone up to 63% plus. This is very bad, because it shows moisture leaking into the Dry Box and this does not happen to all my other boxes with metal clips.
    I think b4 u buy u should check whether the locks is tight... cos the first box I lay on is very loose, so I open up a few box there to check one by one... only find my third box tight

so from what i gather from the forum pages, a cheap and good electronic, automated dry box is the one at Carrefour for $75 (20L i think) ... any negative comments on that, except for its small size?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123