Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44

Thread: Where to get cheap drybox

  1. #1

    Question Where to get cheap drybox

    I wanna get a drybox for my F602Z. Where can I get the cheapest one? Not those electric one BTW

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Behind a lens
    Posts
    2,312

    Default Re: Where to get cheap drybox

    Originally posted by Newbie123
    I wanna get a drybox for my F602Z. Where can I get the cheapest one? Not those electric one BTW
    Any air tight box will do.. even tubberware.. go buy a big bottle of silicon at most photos shop.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    AMK
    Posts
    638

    Default

    I get mine at $15 at 1 small camera shop in Peninsula Plaza.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Re: Where to get cheap drybox

    Originally posted by binbeto


    Any air tight box will do.. even tubberware.. go buy a big bottle of silicon at most photos shop.
    something like mine..?

    http://www.pbase.com/image/9966003

  5. #5

    Default

    carrefour got sell one at $19.90

  6. #6

    Default

    hey adamis, i think i got the same 'lock-n-lock' box as u.. haha.. juz the nice size for my G3.. :P

    btw, how much did u pay for that bottle of silica gel and where did u get it?

  7. #7

    Default Re: Re: Re: Where to get cheap drybox

    I got the same one as you at Giant. $8.90 only. Fits my S602Z quite nicely. Silica gel can be bought at $4 at carrefour. Dunno whether other places are cheaper or not.

    Originally posted by adamis


    something like mine..?

    http://www.pbase.com/image/9966003

  8. #8

    Default

    Originally posted by Linkster
    hey adamis, i think i got the same 'lock-n-lock' box as u.. haha.. juz the nice size for my G3.. :P

    btw, how much did u pay for that bottle of silica gel and where did u get it?

    $3.50 for the silica gel @ photo shop @ junction 8.. ground flr..

    if i'm not wrong.. it's call standard photo or something like that..

  9. #9

    Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Where to get cheap drybox

    Originally posted by Mr Fish
    I got the same one as you at Giant. $8.90 only. Fits my S602Z quite nicely. Silica gel can be bought at $4 at carrefour. Dunno whether other places are cheaper or not.

    my i got it at $5.50 only.. maybe it's a different size, as lock & lock got quite a number of sizes...

  10. #10

    Default

    but how do u know how much silicon gel to put inside?
    DSLR newbie: 400D + Tamron 18-200mm + 50mm F1.8 (i simply love it!)
    Canon G2

  11. #11

    Default

    Originally posted by digi~ET
    but how do u know how much silicon gel to put inside?
    Use a hydrometer to meaure the humility. Ideal humility is around 4x% to 5x% from I read from the posting here.

  12. #12

    Default

    where can i get a hydrometer? is it expensive?

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Facing the little Island Ubin
    Posts
    404

    Default

    wow need hydrometer?


    mustbe exp
    with hydrometer
    btw need to know how many gel to put inside?
    like how to ?

  14. #14

    Default

    Originally posted by pker88
    wow need hydrometer?


    mustbe exp
    with hydrometer
    btw need to know how many gel to put inside?
    like how to ?
    some box comes with hydrometer the one I bought at carrefour has one... and it cost $19.90 only

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default

    The last time I went to Carrefour, i couldn't find the dry boxes. Can you tell us where exactly it is? I was at the area where they sold plastic boxes, but couldn't find them. Also at the camera section I couldn't find them.

    Hong Sien

  16. #16

    Default

    Originally posted by hongsien
    The last time I went to Carrefour, i couldn't find the dry boxes. Can you tell us where exactly it is? I was at the area where they sold plastic boxes, but couldn't find them. Also at the camera section I couldn't find them.

    Hong Sien
    It was out of stock but I went last week there is one pile of them. Its just next to the disposable camera... besides the dry cabinet. The brand is am-pro.

  17. #17

    Default

    Originally posted by localhost


    some box comes with hydrometer the one I bought at carrefour has one... and it cost $19.90 only
    is the hydrometer accurate?

  18. #18

    Default

    Originally posted by localhost


    It was out of stock but I went last week there is one pile of them. Its just next to the disposable camera... besides the dry cabinet. The brand is am-pro.
    how big is it?
    DSLR newbie: 400D + Tamron 18-200mm + 50mm F1.8 (i simply love it!)
    Canon G2

  19. #19

    Default

    Between cameras

  20. #20

    Default

    Originally posted by digi~ET


    how big is it?
    ermm I take a snap tonite and post hehe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •