Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone try out Skype before?

Default Re: Anyone try out Skype before?

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm
    Yes, get Yahoo Messinger with Voice and you can start calling after u have bought credits to make call to landline or mobile. U need a phone with microphone to talk. Skypes also works the same way.
    Well, I've tried yohoo messenger, the voice quality is worse as compared to skype.

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm
    Under this site, not all calls to landline and mobile are free. Only a small percentage of countries are free; mostly landlines. For those countries you need to pay to call landline or mobile, the rates are more expensive than Yahoo.
    Sorry you had to nit pick... 1 cent per minute to countries on the free list must be a lot for you. The free calls list covers most of the popular destinations anyways so I thought it might be useful for most people. But then again, sorry you had to nit pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Terence
    Sorry you had to nit pick... 1 cent per minute to countries on the free list must be a lot for you. The free calls list covers most of the popular destinations anyways so I thought it might be useful for most people. But then again, sorry you had to nit pick.
    Yeah, there are quite a number of countries that u can make free calls to landlines but what's the point if they are not my call destination? I am not nit picking here, as you thought. Those countires where I make frequent calls to charge higher rates than Yahoo. For e.g. a call to a Malaysian mobile here cost S$0.0928 whereas Yahoo charges S$0.069. Who doesn't want free calls? Even if they don't give me free calls, I don't mind paying as long as it's the cheapest among the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by scanner
    Well, I've tried yohoo messenger, the voice quality is worse as compared to skype.
    So far, I have not had any problem with the Yahoo voice quality. Well, the voice quality is good and on top of that I get a better rate than Skypes.

Isn't Malaysia on the list of free destinations? Even though it says mobile calls are charged, I've been able to make free calls. Up to you, try to save you a few dollars.

Isn't Malaysia on the list of free destinations? Even though it says mobile calls are charged, I've been able to make free calls. Up to you, try to save you a few dollars.
    Yes, Malaysia is on the list of free destination only for landlines but calls to mobile is charged at S$0.0928 per min. If u have been able to make free mobile calls to My, I will definitely try it out. Well, who doesn't want to save money? Will post the outcome here. Thanks, anyway.

There seems to be a charge of 0.04ct/min now... wasn't there before. Guess it's still a little cheaper than what u paying now.
    Last edited by Terence; 7th July 2006 at 10:35 AM.

There seems to be a charge of 0.04ct/min now... wasn't there before. Guess it's still a little cheaper than what u paying now.
    No, it's not cheaper than what I am paying. The rate is in Euro and it works out to S$0.0928 per min (including VAT) while Yahoo is only S$0.069 per min.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12