Thread: Hi! Anyone from NIE?

Default Hi! Anyone from NIE?

Choosing modules today:

should i take

1) CEM234 Health and Wellness Provides trainee teachers with fundamental health information and concepts as well as basic sport first aid. Aims to foster desirable attitudes towards health that can help trainee teachers make informed choices in adopting healthy lifestyles. Equips trainee teachers with the essential knowledge for treating minor injuriesoccurring in and around the physical education and sports environment.

or

2) CEM231 The Teacher and Society Exposure to a set of basic ideas related to the following themes: the idea of society and change; the notion of the person; conceptions of the good life; and what one needs to know to be a good teacher. These provide the opportunity for reflection on the questions, assumptions and issues relevant to beginning teachers.
    Canon 10D/550D /Sigma 17-50mm/Sigma 30mm/Canon 50mm/Sigma 85mm

Default Re: Hi! Anyone from NIE?

234 is more practical, 231 is more concept-based. What school u posted to for SE?

Hi...

Really depends ... if you like to do a reflective kind of course go for CEM231; conversely if you prefer something that allows you widen your knowledge base, go for CEM234.

I'm doing part-time with NIE now ... the semester's going to commence in August ... siao liao ...
    Last edited by Adam Goi; 6th July 2006 at 12:46 PM.

Ehh... how come my time dun have such interesting modules one???

Depending on what you want to focus I guess... I think Adam has said it right... U may have to decide what kind of teacher you want to be or can be, then decide which of these modules can help you to become that kind of teacher...

btw... I just got home from a meeting in school... U ready to become a teacher?
    Jia Wang... "A photo is only as beautiful as the photographer's eyes can see."
    My Eyes ;)

Hi.

Any more teachers or trainee teachers in our midst?

Do come in!

me..

juz got back from Excel Fest Exhibition.. setting up the booth can kill sia...

Quote Originally Posted by niki
    me..

Not bad liao ... it's my turn tomorrow ...

Smile Re: Hi! Anyone from NIE?

what's excel fest exh about? my children were granted no school today's afternoon because of this. what is it about?

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    what's excel fest exh about? my children were granted no school today's afternoon because of this. what is it about?
    http://www.moe.gov.sg/excelfest/2006/index.htm

Okay back to the topic, any more lurking around? Confess!
    Last edited by Adam Goi; 8th July 2006 at 08:51 AM.

me..

me have to go again today for the fest... sianzz... kena duty for yesterday and today also..

trainee teacher reporting.. lolx

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi
    http://www.moe.gov.sg/excelfest/2006/index.htm

Okay back to the topic, any more lurking around? Confess!
    Any HOD ITs in our midst??

I'm down for fri and saturday... spent the whole thursday preparing the booth somemore.. mine NO SHIFT ONE... be here whole time..
    i'm in my sch now lah... response from public ..not very warm.. hahah..

HOD IT?... i juz went for an interview wif another sch.. i think no hope liao.. think i juz be a happy little teacher.. with the workload close to a HOD..

Go for something practical... chances are whatever "theoretical" or "concept" modulesyou learn will no apply anymore once you start teaching in the real world. Many of those NIE modules are taught by those lectureres whom have not been in school for years. How well their "theory" apply to the changing Singapore society is still suspect.

Personally I find the core modules still relevant, PED513, 514, 515, 516, etc... but those ideas taught in the elective modules... they were not supported by my school even though they are the "practical" types.

I took one on the tools and principles of results analysis. Realised the more senior teachers in my school don't do it at all. They probably think it's a waste of time and wasn't interested in it.

I'm down for fri and saturday... spent the whole thursday preparing the booth somemore.. mine NO SHIFT ONE... be here whole time..
    i'm in my sch now lah... response from public ..not very warm.. hahah..

HOD IT?... i juz went for an interview wif another sch.. i think no hope liao.. think i juz be a happy little teacher.. with the workload close to a HOD..
    Interview? For school transfer or HOD/SH/LH interview? Anyway, I do know that if the Principal nominates for such interview, he/she is pretty confident that the person will get the appointment ... because if the teacher does get it, it also reflects poorly on the Principal ...

Anyway, some are called to become leaders while the rest of us are happier being a regular teacher ...

adam, apex. but i din apply thru the system. contacted the sch direct.

aniwae, tokin abt NIE courses... frankly, i dun think it matters what u take, as it hardly has any bearing on how you are gng to contribute to the sch... nothing beats the real experience. i dun remember what i took or what lessons i attended. u really learn when u start teaching. my 2 cents worth lah..cheers!

[QUOTE=niki]I'm down for fri and saturday... spent the whole thursday preparing the booth somemore.. mine NO SHIFT ONE... be here whole time..
    i'm in my sch now lah... response from public ..not very warm.. hahah.. [QUOTE]

Heard some schs started since Mon. But I must admit, the sch which I attended, the kids were were well organised; the classes were colourfully done up. Lotsa 'wayang'. But I do admit it gave me the opportunity to visit another sch. Pity the T&S, lotsa of hard work.

me..

what school were you at? i was at fajar sec, shooting for PJC. haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi
    Hi.

Any more teachers or trainee teachers in our midst?

Do come in!
    yo. reporting in!