Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Panasonic FZ7 vs Canon S3IS & Panasonic FX1 vs Leica Lux2

Default Re: Panasonic FZ7 vs Canon S3IS & Panasonic FX1 vs Leica Lux2

if picture quality is a concern for u, ill suggest u take S3IS.
    try doing some research on the FZ cams and u will see that the noise level is higher compared to canon.
    and being able to set higher ISO with good image quality is very useful, esp taking pictures indoor where lighting is always insufficient.
    Photo Album - Photo Album

and if u do not know what ISO is, setting higher ISO will allow higher shutter speed. hence, less prone to handshake, clearer pictures.
    also, it is particularly useful when taking pictures at high zoom. for the FZ, u might not want to use above ISO 200 unless really, really no choice.

Quote Originally Posted by jdredd
    there are people who just dont want to go down the DSLR route and i thnk thats fine. prosumers do offer a lot for the money... just to get a decent equivaletn zoom lens to the canon S3IS will cost a few times more than the canon S3is.

ive tried the F30. fantastic zoom. and good quality images. but compared to a dslr, its a turtle.
    and there is nothign to beat looking through dslr viewfinder, as opposed to an electronic one.

so if you are not sure, get hol dof a dslr and play with it for a bit. then make up your mind.
    true. optical viewfinders totally beats EVF. neither can the image quality from "prosumers" compare to any DSLR.
    now, i do not have a DSLR. what i have is a S9500. there are some adv of prosumer over DSLR that i can share with u.
    for 1, convinience. i dont have to lug around a bag full of lens. neither do i need to change lens just to take a particular shot. my camera built-in lens gives me the "walkaround" range i need, 28-300mm. true, image quality might not be as good as DSLR lenses. but its definetely lighter, smaller, and i would enjoy my overseas vacation better.
    also, many might not agree, but i do find the movie function a bonus. no pictures can express how much fun ur friends/family is having better than a video clip.
    furthermore, i dun have to worry much about the virus i can spend my hard earned money to go on more vacations instead of getting 1 more "L".

Quote Originally Posted by zcwnfx
    ......OT-ing, where to look out for your workshops?
    At the Workshops, Studio/Model Shoots section of Clubsnap.

Since u are considering cameras of the same calibre, why not include this?

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/SonyH2/

Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafein
    true. optical viewfinders totally beats EVF. neither can the image quality from "prosumers" compare to any DSLR.
    now, i do not have a DSLR. what i have is a S9500. there are some adv of prosumer over DSLR that i can share with u.
    for 1, convinience. i dont have to lug around a bag full of lens. neither do i need to change lens just to take a particular shot. my camera built-in lens gives me the "walkaround" range i need, 28-300mm. true, image quality might not be as good as DSLR lenses. but its definetely lighter, smaller, and i would enjoy my overseas vacation better.
    also, many might not agree, but i do find the movie function a bonus. no pictures can express how much fun ur friends/family is having better than a video clip.
    furthermore, i dun have to worry much about the virus i can spend my hard earned money to go on more vacations instead of getting 1 more "L".
    i agree with the bag of lens... haa haa.... but for me, i dont mind bringing a few. thats why got power zooms like 18-200mm.

no need to get eaten by the BBB virus lah... must bear in mind that skill is wat matters most...
    D70s-er Since 2005

heh lots of differing points of views from the pros then? guess in the end both dslr and prosumers have their various pros and cons so whichever one system chosen would be based on personal preference etc?

have a feeling i'll probably still end up 'regretting' the one i select tho =p since there're prob no wrong choices i guess? =)

haa haa, dont regret buddy! must love the camera you get... then can get good photos!

buy and shoot lah. a new gadget always seems so fresh and nice. but then, using it lot, u will get used to it.

also, at most is just waste some money, changing from this to that. but the knowledge and experience u gain along the way will always be with you.
    D70s-er Since 2005

so true zcwnfx! should just upgrade frm my pns and play around right? ...don't like, then later just change right!

*if only i had more cash *

just get the one that u like and think u will really use it.
    no point if u heed everyone's advice, tell u buy this, buy that. in the end u bought a good DSLR with a couple of good lens. but u too lazy to bring out and shoot... no useeeeee

3) if wide angle is recommended for hol pics, can I get opinions on Panasonic LX1 vs Leica Lux2? they seem similar to me what's the difference (apart from the brand)? both have manual controls? so this means that can learn how to use these as well if get either of these cameras?
    its the rebadged version of the 8-megapixel Panasonic LX1. You are likely to pay more for the red logo

3) if wide angle is recommended for hol pics, can I get opinions on Panasonic LX1 vs Leica Lux2? they seem similar to me what's the difference (apart from the brand)? both have manual controls? so this means that can learn how to use these as well if get either of these cameras?

its the rebadged version of the 8-megapixel Panasonic LX1. You are likely to pay more for the red logo

Zaknafein, i agree w u... that's y i decided on prosumer ... plus in case i really cannot mk it w all the manual stuff, at least it's still idiot-proof... wah... ur s9500 is 28-300mm? no need to buy wide angle lens...

cheersjy, u n Zaknafein just gave me new cameras to look at n consider!! ... but i think i m likely to choose S3IS... (after i go look-see at what u both hv/recommend...)

I would say the FZ7 is a considerably upgrade to the FZ5. You cant just bash the FZ7 and panasonic camera's because of their noise issue. Yes, i have handled the FZ5 and in a way the noise can be a problem, but it all really depends.

Ah since im at, im actually selling off my FZ5 kit with attatchment lenses (like wide, tele and macro), for about a cheaper price then the S3IS... so if you're interested, check out this thread...http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=209238 =)

I'm now a DSLR user but I very much still in love with my FZ20

About the Noise issue, Noise could also be user artistically too ... that's why there's an 'Add Noise' Function in Photoshop

Blog Entries

if you can afford it, get the leica
    not because of picture quality or ease of use.
    but people look at you differently when you hold a leica.

even a dslr does not get you that look.

I second that !
    That's the reason why I bought the D-Lux 2. It's the only Leica that I could ever afford to buy.
    But truthfully, once you have seen and held the D-Lux 2, the LX1 just will not do. That and the 'blink blink' value is well worth the difference in price.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12