Thread: 3 MP: Budget S$700. Any Recommendation?

pokari
    Guests

Question 3 MP: Budget S$700. Any Recommendation?

Hi, currently looking for DC of 3 MPs. Mainly from brands from Canon, Nikon & Fuji... (P & S most prob) any recommendations are welcome. Thanks in advance!!

Fuji finepix S304 would suit ur budget fine.
    $660 at alan photo a week ago.
    3MP
    Excellent Point and Shoot camera
    6x Optical Zoom
    55mm Lens adaptor included!

pokari
    Guests

hey thanks pal. The S304 seems to be quite attractive in terms of its features, minus its external looks and its low nite shot capability(ISO 100). I'll take a look at AP when i drop there these few days. BTW do ya noe if it'll be open on mon?

For your budget, i guess you'll have to live with some limitations. I bought it only to realised i wanna tinker with the manual settings. Thus got the S602Z. Think carefully before u buy! It's purely point and shoot type. It looks like a shrunk SLR cam. Cute. Haha. The night shots are ok. I did christmas lightings and esplanade night shoots with it with no problem.

For abit more (840) maybe u can consider C730UZ? Olympus. AP should be open on monday... they're open on christmas even...

pokari
    Guests

haha.. nay.. $700 is the highest that i'll go. Max cap already, anything higher than that means more instant noodles for the rest of the month. hehe.

well, i think PNS camera is the one that i'll consider for e moment.(thou i'm getting more interested in manual shooting as i read more in the forum) Most prob, i'll only print 5R pics & be using e cam for normal shootings. hence, what do u think of canon V3 which only features a 2X zoom or fuji f401i only 2.1 effective Mp(but 4.0 interpolated).. ???

personally i'll go with the v3 (it's just a tiny bit over $700)
    for the reasons below

- CF vs SM (max 128 mb only)
    - more manual control (e.g. can choose shutter speed for long shutter mode)
    - better night shots due to more manual control
    - better in low light conditions (cos 401 got no AF illuminator)
    - better movie mode (longer) -> this pt not really impt
    - new DIGIC processor
    - quick startup time and minimal lag

Originally posted by pokari
    haha.. nay.. $700 is the highest that i'll go. Max cap already, anything higher than that means more instant noodles for the rest of the month. hehe.

well, i think PNS camera is the one that i'll consider for e moment.(thou i'm getting more interested in manual shooting as i read more in the forum) Most prob, i'll only print 5R pics & be using e cam for normal shootings. hence, what do u think of canon V3 which only features a 2X zoom or fuji f401i only 2.1 effective Mp(but 4.0 interpolated).. ???
    just bought my F401,initially i was choosing between v3 and alot of cameras also lor.v3 is one of my very first choice but i went around they say no stock as canon recall those cameras because of some errors in it.Then those leftovers in the shop i dare not buy ,moreover the shopowner mark up their prive quite high

pokari
    Guests

No wonder din manage to see much of canon V3 when i went down last week...

so how's f401i? managed to get a good shot out of it?

No wonder din manage to see much of canon V3 when i went down last week...

so how's f401i? managed to get a good shot out of it?
    me novice
    so dont know any skills in photography
    i take like a normal person lor
    haha
    aim and click and that's it

pokari
    Guests

Add mi to ur fuji gang. Cos, i've bought a f401i too!!

Not bad after a few clicks, shots still okie after all.

BTW all shopkeepers tell mi that v3 went out of stocks, even when i ask if its due to recall by canon, they maintain that its strictly due to sold out.....

Add mi to ur fuji gang. Cos, i've bought a f401i too!!

Not bad after a few clicks, shots still okie after all.

BTW all shopkeepers tell mi that v3 went out of stocks, even when i ask if its due to recall by canon, they maintain that its strictly due to sold out.....
    hahaha
    how much you bought
    we can share our views liao

pokari
    Guests

oh.. got it at $700, but with additional batt and a upgrade to 128 MB memory. how abt u?

oh.. got it at $700, but with additional batt and a upgrade to 128 MB memory. how abt u?
    $729
    16MB + 64MB provided
    additional battery (total two lor,anyway nokia ones also can use)
    then got free casing

pokari
    Guests

Yap NOKIA can be used too! was surprised when my gf said she saw pple placing nokia batt in the cam.. still suan her for seeing souble.

u bought at AP too? if buying down there, must approach the rite sales person to bargain to have more discount.. But my extra batt's KONICA 1024mAH... but okie loh, just 10 more bucks.

anyway, f401's capable of doing video conferencing leh.. something like a web cam. game to try it out? hehe

Ever thot of the Nikon Coolpix 3500 or even the Minolta Xi?

pokari
    Guests

considered that before..

Nikon 3500 gotta free gifts, e.g. upgrade of M-card,(128 i thnk), free case, tripod, even dry box!! good bargain! But one minus pt is tat its rotatable lens is rumoured to be faulty due to the thresis used...

Minolta Xi's cost beyond budget... partly due to non free accessories.. & heard tat resolutions not as powerful..