Thread: Sony Quick-charge batteries, why so hot during charging!

Question Sony Quick-charge batteries, why so hot during charging!

My friend gave me this as a gift. Last time during charging (LED is on) I picked the batteries,
    and drop immediately like touch hot water. Is it normal?

In fact next time I charge it until LED off, it's warm only.

I am concerned if the temperature is too high, it might explode or something.

Oh No! It's original SONY, not SONT! My typo in the title.
    Last edited by dRebelXT; 4th July 2006 at 08:51 AM.

Default Re: Sont Quick-charge batteries, why so hot during charging!

It might explode... in your face if you are unlucky.
    From Pentax to 4/3, back to Pentax and then back to M4/3 !?!?

it will explode and might burn down ur house.
    becareful.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by dRebelXT
    My friend gave me this as a gift. Last time during charging (LED is on) I picked the batteries,
    and drop immediately like touch hot water. Is it normal?

In fact next time I charge it until LED off, it's warm only.

I am concerned if the temperature is too high, it might explode or something.
    its not uncommon if you are fast-charging for the batteries to get hot (the faster the charge the hotter).

if possible, use a slow charge setting... fast charge is only for those times when u really need it fast!

Quick pour water!

Next time buy original Sony batteries. Sont...These cheap china immitations are no good.

Seriously there's nothing wrong if you buy originals. All have built in safety features to cut off the power if anything's amiss so its unlikely to catch fire and burn the house down.

Of course the Dell laptop was just plain suay

And to some block heads who can't tell a joke from their oesophagus, my initial comments were meant as a joke. Joke as in not to be taken seriously. Joke as in haha kinda of stuff. If you still dunno what a joke is go look it up in webster's.

Quote Originally Posted by jdredd
    its not uncommon if you are fast-charging for the batteries to get hot (the faster the charge the hotter).

if possible, use a slow charge setting... fast charge is only for those times when u really need it fast!
    I see. I read about fast charging and high temperature on Amazon also, thank you. If it's not abnormal then I don't worry. The fan on the charger was blowing fierously.

Quote Originally Posted by solarii
    Quick pour water!

Next time buy original Sony batteries. Sont...These cheap china immitations are no good.

Seriously there's nothing wrong if you buy originals. All have built in safety features to cut off the power if anything's amiss so its unlikely to catch fire and burn the house down.

Of course the Dell laptop was just plain suay

And to some block heads who can't tell a joke from their oesophagus, my initial comments were meant as a joke. Joke as in not to be taken seriously. Joke as in haha kinda of stuff. If you still dunno what a joke is go look it up in webster's.
    did anyone get flamed here?

Oh, yah, it's original Sony, got from sony gallery. As I have said, if it's normal for battery to get hot, then I have nothing to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by dRebelXT
    did anyone get flamed here?

Oh, yah, it's original Sony, got from sony gallery. As I have said, if it's normal for battery to get hot, then I have nothing to worry.
    Normal for fast charging...

But, it is better to use slow charging (if your charger have an option for slow charging). Fast charging can decrease Ni-MH battery life faster.

Regards,
    Arto.

Default Re: Sony Quick-charge batteries, why so hot during charging!

if you are using an original charger it should be ok as they have a tempreture check.
    hot during charging is normal due to chemical reaction in the cell.

Default Re: Sony Quick-charge batteries, why so hot during charging!

I have a 2-hour charger of a certain German brand and temperatures on just-charged batteries not only reach untouchable levels but I notice the plastic sleeve around the batteries have warped due to the heat...

I have the Sony 15-minutes charge and I'm loving it. Seriously if you wait till the fan in the charger stops spinning, it should be cuddly warm to touch and not burning hot. I've used it with Sony original batteries and batteries of 3 other brands.

One thing I don't like is that I keep getting zapped by the charger's lower terminals.