Thread: Birdie

Last edited by rayphua; 3rd July 2006 at 02:23 AM.

Default Re: Birdie

It would help if you told us what you want to achive with the photo.

Techinically it seems a little over exposed with the white around the birds eye and beak burned out. The background is also a little bit distracting (if you intended to do a bird portrait). Also if you were intnding to focus on the plumage of the bird the overhead lighitng seems to wash out the colours a little.
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

Well what do you think anyone's reaction will be seeing your birdie?

Will they go "Wow!"? or "Hey, this is interesting! I've seen so many birdies but yours different!", or "Oh! What a beautiful birdie!", or "Oh my! Nature never ceases to surprise me and I'm never satiated by its beauty!"

Or - in all probability in this case - viewers may just say, "So? What's with your birdie?" or "Why are you showing us your birdie?", or maybe they didnt even bother a second glance, if at all the take a first.

You are your best critic. So what do you say to your birdie? Will you say "Wow"?

You must learn to see what's good and what's bad in your own photo, and know WHY it is good or bad. Only then you learn how to see a good photo even before you shoot it.

Body = Canon 1Ds Mark II
    Lens = Canon EF 24-105mm f4/L IS USM

Drools....

Quote Originally Posted by raptor84
    It would help if you told us what you want to achive with the photo.

Techinically it seems a little over exposed with the white around the birds eye and beak burned out. The background is also a little bit distracting (if you intended to do a bird portrait). Also if you were intnding to focus on the plumage of the bird the overhead lighitng seems to wash out the colours a little.
    Yea, I thought the white portion at the eye/head was slightly over-exposed. Thanks.

Smile Re: Birdie

Quote Originally Posted by espion
    Well what do you think anyone's reaction will be seeing your birdie?

Will they go "Wow!"? or "Hey, this is interesting! I've seen so many birdies but yours different!", or "Oh! What a beautiful birdie!", or "Oh my! Nature never ceases to surprise me and I'm never satiated by its beauty!"

Or - in all probability in this case - viewers may just say, "So? What's with your birdie?" or "Why are you showing us your birdie?", or maybe they didnt even bother a second glance, if at all the take a first.

You are your best critic. So what do you say to your birdie? Will you say "Wow"?

You must learn to see what's good and what's bad in your own photo, and know WHY it is good or bad. Only then you learn how to see a good photo even before you shoot it.
    The one thing that makes me really say "WOW" was how sharp the picture had looked at 100%. Just got my kit and was messing around with it, and I LOVE the tact sharp pics it's showing me. Apart from that, the background could do with a little blurring. Thanks for the input.

It's not the background that's the problem, but the subject. Since the background is deliberately blurred by the bokeh, details are less important there.

The subject, on the other hand, is over-exposed. So the details are lost in the highlights. The colours will also look a bit washed out. The shutter speed should have been higher.
    Last edited by nottipiglet; 4th July 2006 at 10:06 AM.