Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tekong Cough

Default Tekong Cough

hey guys...got a pretty bad case of it...how long did it last for you guys? don't really want to attend b and miss out on the trainings...any suggestions for curing it?

Default Re: Tekong Cough

it ended when i POPed.
    a700 | dynax7
    sigma12-24/minolta28-135/sony70-300g/sig400/lensbaby2.0

No cure one.. just dun see MO abt it.. and ''endure''

haha..

Quote Originally Posted by dr34mc4st3r
    it ended when i POPed.
    Same same!

agentmonkey: There is no cure one as long as you are there you will get it. It's not the air thou. It's the water you drink there. Probably can bring chuan bei pi pa kau, it help ease abit when you go to bed.

Ohh... and notice your sgt, pc and those perm staff there don't have this cough? Hehe... coz they drink from the water cooler which filter the water first. While you poor soul drank directly from the tap, if you fill up in a transparent bottle or glass, you will know why i said it's the water.

Quote Originally Posted by kevdead
    Ohh... and notice your sgt, pc and those perm staff there don't have this cough? Hehe... coz they drink from the water cooler which filter the water first. While you poor soul drank directly from the tap, if you fill up in a transparent bottle or glass, you will know why i said it's the water.
    i agree.. its the water.... i only got rid of the damn cough after i pop... its sickening.....

Quote Originally Posted by agentmonkey
    hey guys...got a pretty bad case of it...how long did it last for you guys? don't really want to attend b and miss out on the trainings...any suggestions for curing it?
    nt sure if its the water but almost everyone who go tekong for BMT are sure to get it....for me, think I got it during the 3rd or 4th week ba....

actually nt much u can do to cure it......u decide ba...if u can endure den endure, if nt just see MO ba....

actually this tekong sickness onli happen during the early stages of the BMT leh....if its the water, wouldnt it has lasted longer?

its not the water.

i stayed in tekong for 2.5 years. it's just the body's immune system. the body cannot take the tough activities day in day out after slacking for 18 years. it takes time to build up the immune system. just endure .. u will be fine.

and pls la. perm staff also drink from tap water... water cooler also not exactly that clean.

u dun see sispec trainees getting tekong cough.

the water is really dirty loh ..

It's just a matter of getting used to friggin dirty conditions. It's part of the conditioning process.

I encountered this when i am in BMT also. Most of us gotten it. Just keep a very close monitor on this (this is your respiratory system). Or go to MO get some medicine.

It's seem like a common sign.

I tink it is the excessive chlorine in the water in tekong. It irritates ur throat, causing the cough. Anyway, by the 8th or 9th wk ur throat shd get used to it, which explains y the perm staff n the sispec trainees dun get the cough. Doesnt matter whether u drink frm the cooler anot. Logical?

also got it last time, only manage to get better after POP.

Blog Entries

u guys are lucky... mine is still ard and comes back every now and then to haunt me... even tho i POPed more than 10yrs liao. got it from my stay with Gryphon...
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

mine lasted almost 6months....

go gryphon!

It's subjective then. If you are perm staff there, you shall know where the water come from. Water from tekong don't mainly come from mainland singapore, so where it comes from? I agree is probably the adaptation to the dirty water or excessive chlorine level in the water that's why is gone after a period of time.

Well, i don't know for you guys who is perm staff there. But this water thingy related to the cough was told by my PC, he was the idiot who fill up water from the tap in a clear mineral water bottle and show us how dirty it was. And one of the MO, ehh... only remember his surname as Yap, Dr Yap also mention is the water. It haunts the whole platoon for as long as we POP. l0l.

Yeah! Go Gryphon! We is neighbour! I is Kilo! Go Kilo.

Blog Entries

It's subjective then. If you are perm staff there, you shall know where the water come from. Water from tekong don't mainly come from mainland singapore, so where it comes from? I agree is probably the adaptation to the dirty water or excessive chlorine level in the water that's why is gone after a period of time.

Well, i don't know for you guys who is perm staff there. But this water thingy related to the cough was told by my PC, he was the idiot who fill up water from the tap in a clear mineral water bottle and show us how dirty it was. And one of the MO, ehh... only remember his surname as Yap, Dr Yap also mention is the water. It haunts the whole platoon for as long as we POP. l0l.

Yeah! Go Gryphon! We is neighbour! I is Kilo! Go Kilo.
    lucky u... at least ur PC bothered to show u. when i was there, we were caught in no-man's land cos all the PCs and Sgts were going to ROD, so most of the time they were all clearing leave. still remembered i got reservist sgts and PCs standing in for them during training. also, b4 tekong became a holiday resort, all botaks had to gong-gong fill up our bottles at the water point. where got water coolers??

ha! kilo is still on the top floor? gryphon was on the 2nd back then.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

N.S?

NICE!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

i actually got it after pop, at changi air base, the cough lasted me 1 entire month, my poor buddy had to endure my coughing at night!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast