Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1318212223242528 ... LastLast

Thread: FIREWORKS: Singapore Fireworks Festival 2006 - Esplanade Bay

Default Re: FIREWORKS: Singapore Fireworks Festival 2006 - Esplanade Bay

Just want to share something...cuz the NDP fireworks flower explosions are very close together, which means it's recommanded to take at F16 and above to reduce highlight(avoid overexposure). I used F18 after I realised that the fireworks were so ****...

It's too late, but at least we learn something.

Quote Originally Posted by photographique
    Just want to share something...cuz the NDP fireworks flower explosions are very close together, which means it's recommanded to take at F16 and above to reduce highlight(avoid overexposure). I used F18 after I realised that the fireworks were so ****...

f/16 is gd enough, no need anything more than that. What's yr shutter speed?
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

bro, underexposed ar??? my S2 min aperture size only F/8 leh, a lot kena overexposed... sian man..

Anyone haf any ideas whether the area juz behind the merlion is fenced up from public? Planning to get some pics there.

^_^
    My fireworks' pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pugstar

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroDivine
    very nice esp the 30 sec one
    Hey, thanks. I estimate my shooting location to be here:
    http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_...evel=5?310,221

Quote Originally Posted by GeckoZ
    I cant imagine how come u can shoot ur photos so clearly and without a tripod sia.. 20 seconds +/- not very short leh.. share ur tips can?

If i'm not wrong, u are shooting from the fireing ground again right? I was there tonight too.. my photos i think turned out smokey leh.. and yours got no smoke at all, why ar?
    Honestly, I really forgot to bring along a tripod with me for the evening. Wanted to bring a cheap tripod, but just absentmindedly went out without it. So I did the same thing again - prone shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by klthng
    Excellent shot! You are in the best position.
    Prone... hmm... marksman! Hard to believe you hands are so still for 30 secs! I salute!
    No la. I put my camera on my backpack which I put down on the grass. You can do it too!

Very good and clean shots! Just to seek some pointers. Would exposure at ISO 100 and f22 give a clean and clear effect for the light streams? My was set at ISO 200 at f8. Seems alot got over exp especialy those taken at the back with the multiple clusters coming out at the last moments of most firework display. Pls advice! thanks!

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by FOCALPOINT
    Very good and clean shots! Just to seek some pointers. Would exposure at ISO 100 and f22 give a clean and clear effect for the light streams? My was set at ISO 200 at f8. Seems alot got over exp especialy those taken at the back with the multiple clusters coming out at the last moments of most firework display. Pls advice! thanks!
    Well, for those who may not know me well enough, the truth is that I had a lot of ambition to put all the lighting into only two shots. Only reason why I'm setting it to "maximals" is so that even lesser light gets to the sensor, and thus I can allow more fireworks to "paint" themselves into the sensor. Nice fireworks shots for myself, at least, means having multiple patterns generally balanced and symmetrical in a single shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle
    f/16 is gd enough, no need anything more than that. What's yr shutter speed?
    I was using F16 for the first few shots...then I realised I had better to used higher F number. So, I switch to F18, most of time I got better exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by sehsuan
    Well, for those who may not know me well enough, the truth is that I had a lot of ambition to put all the lighting into only two shots. Only reason why I'm setting it to "maximals" is so that even lesser light gets to the sensor, and thus I can allow more fireworks to "paint" themselves into the sensor. Nice fireworks shots for myself, at least, means having multiple patterns generally balanced and symmetrical in a single shot.
    Thanks for useful pointers! Will try out the "maximal" method during the upcoming shoot! Does sound right to get as much light as possible by setting high F value and using ISO to limit overexposure.

Quote Originally Posted by GeckoZ
    bro, underexposed ar??? my S2 min aperture size only F/8 leh, a lot kena overexposed... sian man..

yoh bro, same same sia...using the same camera as you...
    what settings you used ahh?

below are some of the betters photos that i took:
    http://28degree.fotki.com/fireworks/...ore_fireworks/

still learning everyday.....

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by FOCALPOINT
    Thanks for useful pointers! Will try out the "maximal" method during the upcoming shoot! Does sound right to get as much light as possible by setting high F value and using ISO to limit overexposure.
    You mean, "as little light as possible", right?

Quote Originally Posted by yllew
    Anyone haf any ideas whether the area juz behind the merlion is fenced up from public? Planning to get some pics there.

^_^
    My fireworks' pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pugstar
    There VIP area wor.... unless u buy the tickets. --> http://www.unusual.com.sg/sfw2006.html
    Don't cry because its over,:)Smile because it happened.
    items for sale

Quote Originally Posted by hASHbrown_kopitiam
    There VIP area wor.... unless u buy the tickets.
    Got ticket to buy meh?

sorry i'am very new to shooting firework's.... for very long exposure shot's like 20 - 30sec's... do you hold the shutter down while the firework's is going on and only let go when you want that "actual firework's moment" ? ... if this is how you do it.... u'll only get a few shot's right ? (but a few gd shot's is better than a ton of lousy shot's )

Quote Originally Posted by skareb
    sorry i'am very new to shooting firework's.... for very long exposure shot's like 20 - 30sec's... do you hold the shutter down while the firework's is going on and only let go when you want that "actual firework's moment" ?
    Umm, everything that appears from the time you press the shutter release down until you release it will be captured. This is usually done with small apertures to catch multiple bursts. If you just want that one moment, you need to use a faster shutter speed with a larger aperture.

if this is how you do it.... u'll only get a few shot's right ? (but a few gd shot's is better than a ton of lousy shot's )
    Yup, you have to trade off on this. But usually human eyes will not be able to combine the multiple bursts, so long exposure give you a different perspective. You also need good timing so the shutter doesn't close with half developed bursts.

Deregistered

If anyone is interested to shoot with me, just let me know - give me a call. 96408500. Will be shooting only on Friday night, since Saturday night I'd be at a friend's housewarming. But be warned - I walk a fair lot to the location, not something everyone can endure. And I'm using a 1.3x FOV crop body with a 17mm, so I'm shooting roughly at 22mm's worth. Those with much narrower angle lenses might not want to come.

Don't worry. Tripod or no tripod, are all welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by maxmax
    It should be at the same old place, the new IR site
    Where is the IR site exactly ?

I was using F16 for the first few shots...then I realised I had better to used higher F number. So, I switch to F18, most of time I got better exposure.
    Results of exposures also depend on shutter speeds.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle
    Results of exposures also depend on shutter speeds.
    Just wondering setting like Bulb mode - F16 for about 10 secs/ 20 secs/ 30 secs (bracketing) is the appropriate way to get good shots...

Please advise... thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ajaismd68
    Just wondering setting like Bulb mode - F16 for about 10 secs/ 20 secs/ 30 secs (bracketing) is the appropriate way to get good shots...

Please advise... thanks!
    Bulb mode is more advisable when using the black card method, so u can control yr shots.

For yr above settings can be set via manual, as long as it doesn't exceed 30secs. For me f/16 at 6 secs is the best.

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1318212223242528 ... LastLast