Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5891011121520 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 579

Thread: FIREWORKS: Singapore Fireworks Festival 2006 - Esplanade Bay

  1. #181

    Default Re: FIREWORKS: Singapore Fireworks Festival 2006 - Esplanade Bay

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle
    If u're taking from the Benjamin Sheares Bridge, it'll be the vibrations of passing vehicles causing it.....similar to what happened to my shots for the NE day.
    Hi Snoweagle,
    I'm not taking from Benjamin Sheares Bridge

  2. #182

    Default Re: FIREWORKS: Singapore Fireworks Festival 2006 - Esplanade Bay

    Quote Originally Posted by zaxh81
    The zig zag is caused by your cheap tripod,time to invest in a $15 remote.
    I already bought the remote,
    I'll try not to touch the camera (to view last taken shot) next time...

  3. #183

    Default Re: FIREWORKS: Singapore Fireworks Festival 2006 - Esplanade Bay

    Quote Originally Posted by Youhong
    Possible location for Singapore Fireworks Festival??? Just went to Bras Basha level 24 to check out the view... Did a panoramic...


    I wouldn't say this is a good location, because the view seems to be blocked by those buildings... Anyone got good locations to share?
    I went there today,
    Braa Basha's view blocked by Raffles City,
    Shaw Tower 11 floor car park, blocked by Suntec City,
    National Library 11 floor, good view !! but blocked by a glass

  4. #184
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: FIREWORKS: Singapore Fireworks Festival 2006 - Esplanade Bay

    I use the remote everytime i use my tripod.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  5. #185

    Default Re: FIREWORKS: Singapore Fireworks Festival 2006 - Esplanade Bay

    Quote Originally Posted by vincent9999
    I went there today,
    Braa Basha's view blocked by Raffles City,
    Shaw Tower 11 floor car park, blocked by Suntec City,
    National Library 11 floor, good view !! but blocked by a glass
    I thought Bras Basah should be ok. Last time quite a few people took from there.

    From the map, seems ok. Raffles City blocks the view towards the Merlion Area but should be able to see the fireworks shot from the firing spot over the river at Marina Bay.

    http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_...evel=4?207,287

    Last edited by Clockunder; 1st August 2006 at 01:53 AM.

  6. #186

    Default Re: FIREWORKS: Singapore Fireworks Festival 2006 - Esplanade Bay

    hi,

    can i see the ndp fireworks from the esplanade area? i mean on 9th august, not the marina fireworks festival.

    i'm watching the fireworks with frens, not photographing it.

    is the firing spot for the ndp fireworks and fireworks festival both at the IR area?
    Last edited by juroea; 1st August 2006 at 12:02 PM.

  7. #187

    Default Re: FIREWORKS: Singapore Fireworks Festival 2006 - Esplanade Bay

    If I didnt remember wrongly, there was a map somewhere in this forum showing the firing location. Its from the IR location, not last yr where everyone was surprised. Its inside the bay, so shld be ok frm bras brasah.

  8. #188

    Default Re: FIREWORKS: Singapore Fireworks Festival 2006 - Esplanade Bay

    Quote Originally Posted by vincent9999
    I went there today,
    Braa Basha's view blocked by Raffles City,
    Shaw Tower 11 floor car park, blocked by Suntec City,
    National Library 11 floor, good view !! but blocked by a glass
    This was taken during the Lunar new year's firework from Bras Bersah.

  9. #189
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Jurong East
    Posts
    264

    Red face Re: FIREWORKS: Singapore Fireworks Festival 2006 - Esplanade Bay

    Quote Originally Posted by vincent9999




    Where did u take these shots? Using Zoom lens with zoom, right?

  10. #190

    Default Re: FIREWORKS: Singapore Fireworks Festival 2006 - Esplanade Bay

    Quote Originally Posted by Weigang
    Where did u take these shots? Using Zoom lens with zoom, right?
    taken from hdb flat at Lavender,
    using Nikkor 18-200 @ 50mm

  11. #191
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Jurong East
    Posts
    264

    Wink Re: FIREWORKS: Singapore Fireworks Festival 2006 - Esplanade Bay

    Quote Originally Posted by vincent9999
    taken from hdb flat at Lavender,
    using Nikkor 18-200 @ 50mm
    Ooo... Thanks...

  12. #192

    Default Re: FIREWORKS: Singapore Fireworks Festival 2006 - Esplanade Bay

    Quote Originally Posted by T16
    This was taken during the Lunar new year's firework from Bras Bersah.
    Hi,

    Where is this place in Bras Basah that you took this shot? I am hoping not to crowd at Marina on Sat. Hope for a quieter location and able to take the fireworks with some buildings in the foreground (else too plain!) Can pm me? Please?
    Last edited by Madmax; 3rd August 2006 at 09:33 PM.

  13. #193

    Default Re: FIREWORKS: Singapore Fireworks Festival 2006 - Esplanade Bay

    Wow....it's a pretty long thread on this subject.

    Just wanna cut it short n lazy to scroll for the answer ..... where is the best place to take this coming Sat firework ? Oh yes , just where the heck it is firing from

    Appreciate you guys N gals for the advise.

    Thank Alot In-Advance

  14. #194
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: FIREWORKS: Singapore Fireworks Festival 2006 - Esplanade Bay

    Quote Originally Posted by highwaystar
    Wow....it's a pretty long thread on this subject.

    Just wanna cut it short n lazy to scroll for the answer ..... where is the best place to take this coming Sat firework ? Oh yes , just where the heck it is firing from

    Appreciate you guys N gals for the advise.

    Thank Alot In-Advance
    Esplanade Bridge. Should be firing from the location of the future IR.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  15. #195

    Default Re: FIREWORKS: Singapore Fireworks Festival 2006 - Esplanade Bay

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle
    Esplanade Bridge. Should be firing from the location of the future IR.

    Thank you dude ....guess it gonna be verie verie verie crowded.

  16. #196

    Default Re: FIREWORKS: Singapore Fireworks Festival 2006 - Esplanade Bay

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle
    Esplanade Bridge. Should be firing from the location of the future IR.
    Yes, firing point is the reclaimed land for the Marina IR opposite the Merlion. VIP viewing area is from One Fullerton riverside area, so you can roughly guess which orientation the fireworks will take. Esplanade Bridge may not be suitable for photography by everyone, as it is quite close to the firing point and may require wider focal lengths.

  17. #197
    Member/Tangshooter zaxh81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,339

    Default Re: FIREWORKS: Singapore Fireworks Festival 2006 - Esplanade Bay

    Quote Originally Posted by fireframe
    Yes, firing point is the reclaimed land for the Marina IR opposite the Merlion. VIP viewing area is from One Fullerton riverside area, so you can roughly guess which orientation the fireworks will take. Esplanade Bridge may not be suitable for photography by everyone, as it is quite close to the firing point and may require wider focal lengths.
    What's the recommended focal length to take pics from the esplandae bridge?

  18. #198

    Default Re: FIREWORKS: Singapore Fireworks Festival 2006 - Esplanade Bay

    Quote Originally Posted by zaxh81
    What's the recommended focal length to take pics from the esplandae bridge?
    I'm guessing about 22-24mm up to 35mm would be the ideal focal length range (35mm equivalent) to have on your camera. Quite a wild estimate as there's no way to know how high/wide the fireworks will go.

    Umm, experts, I'm going to attempt to capture multiple bursts with a long exposure. Any tips on exposure? Will be on tripod with remote cable.

  19. #199

    Default Re: FIREWORKS: Singapore Fireworks Festival 2006 - Esplanade Bay

    Quote Originally Posted by FZ5owner
    book a chopper, hover in mid air will be the best..............
    How do you setup your tripod?

  20. #200
    Senior Member yokechye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    2,892

    Default Re: FIREWORKS: Singapore Fireworks Festival 2006 - Esplanade Bay

    hovering.. ur photo taken will still be taken with motion blur

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5891011121520 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •