Thread: Help!: Lexar 1GB WA Pro CF Card Cannot read/format!

Exclamation Help!: Lexar 1GB WA Pro CF Card Cannot read/format!

Hi folks! Has anyone encountered this problem?

I think i just lost a bunch of really great landscape photos taken here in Australia, my card stopped working on my D70. The card was working fine when suddenly, my D70 had problems reading the card, this happened a couple of times before it stopped working, I took it out and used another card. I tried later to read and format (mind you the card had some really good photos), but my D70 refused to format it. I tried using my CF card reader on Win XP but it couldn't even detect the card. I am at a lost of what to do, is it busted? Has anyone tried unconventional ways to revive a dead card. I just want my pictures!
    Illumn|Facebook| Canon 5D Mark II | 16-35mm 2.8L | 24-70mm f2.8L | 85mm 1.8 | Strobist

Default Re: Help!: Lexar 1GB WA Pro CF Card Cannot read/format!

Quote Originally Posted by quackaroo
    Hi folks! Has anyone encountered this problem?

I think i just lost a bunch of really great landscape photos taken here in Australia, my card stopped working on my D70. The card was working fine when suddenly, my D70 had problems reading the card, this happened a couple of times before it stopped working, I took it out and used another card. I tried later to read and format (mind you the card had some really good photos), but my D70 refused to format it. I tried using my CF card reader on Win XP but it couldn't even detect the card. I am at a lost of what to do, is it busted? Has anyone tried unconventional ways to revive a dead card. I just want my pictures!
    Have you tried contacting;

Lexar Singapore Pte Ltd
    101 Thomson Road
    # 23-01 United Square
    Singapore 307591

Tel: (65) 6513 4220
    Fax: (65) 6513 4221

I actually haven't.. since I am in Melbourne at the moment! I bought my CF card in SG tho...
    Illumn|Facebook| Canon 5D Mark II | 16-35mm 2.8L | 24-70mm f2.8L | 85mm 1.8 | Strobist

IIRC, I read sometimes ago, there is a problem with some batch of Lexar (with Nikon D70? I forgot the detail).

There is also a problem in Nikon D70, which is known as BLOD (Blinking Led of Death), which is fixed in D70s. This one must ask Nikon Service Center on how to fixed it.

Correct me if I am wrong please.

Regards,
    Arto.

use a compact digital camera and format the card, should work.

that is the reason why i still own a few compacts.