Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bye Bye England

Default Re: Bye Bye England

They can play better in their own FC club if all come together and form a team (England) to play in WC then they can't play well. Maybe too many star player in a team.

Quote Originally Posted by jbma
    England deserve to lose. Thay have dissapointed millions around the world. Personally I think they played better with 10 men.
    They did play better with 10 men.

But, you have to understand England, Cant just make coments like they deserved to lose.

England usually have no luck in the world cup but play reasonably well. This year however, was much different, They played below average, i agree, shocking perfromances in all but the last game. But this year they had luck and got through which tehy never usually have. Also, you cannot judge their performance against all other teams they played except Sweden and then Portugal. England typically play badly against weak teams, but step up their game when they play better teams. In my eyes England deserved it way more than those nancy son of a bitch diver mummy's boys that comprise the Portugal "team". Ronaldo should be ****ing ashamed of himself. That is no way to win a game, and they did the same against the Dutch. I have no patience for teams that would rather work on persuading the ref then playing a gd game of football, which they really didnt do. They had very few chances compared to England and were nowhere near as good. That was a sorry day for Englsih football, and having an argentina ref who supports portugal makes you wonder about FIFA and their credability, also with the aussie game too, money had to have changed hands. FIFA, you have let everyone down with your shoddy performance this world cup, step your game up or get lost!
    Last edited by wildstallion; 2nd July 2006 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion
    ... But this year they had luck and got through which tehy never usually have. Also, you cannot judge their performance against all other teams they played except Sweden and then Portugal. England typically play badly against weak teams, but step up their game when they play better teams. ...

That basically means they won't have the chance to play good then, since they won't be able to face good teams.

Quote Originally Posted by togu

That basically means they won't have the chance to play good then, since they won't be able to face good teams.

They will, they play badly against these teams but they still win like 1-0, you must have walked away from watching those preliminary games being dissappointed with a 1-0 win, i know i was.

A tearful David Beckham has quit as England captain following their World Cup exit after five-and-a-half years at the helm. The Real Madrid star announced his decision barely 12 hours after England had been dumped out of the competition on penalties by Portugal. Beckham revealed it was 'the most difficult decision of my career' and addedhe had taken it some time ago after consulting with his family.
    Extract from http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...373075&cc=4716

Thats good news, he is too over rated, Lennon can replace him, Beckham was only gd at a few set pieces every now and again. Hes done alright for England though, but its time for him to go.

England did play much better with 10 men.... but i really cant stand the way portugal played last night... those guys were really not have any sporting spirit, and the ref... oh man.... if he is not on the take... i dont know what the hell is he doing. Maybe portugal is a better team, perhaps they could win on their own merit, but to me, they have lost all the respect that i have for them. and as for the ref... i think he deserves to be shot. FIFA better wake up theri idea... this is not the first time this has happened this world cup... there were are least 2 penalty kicks that the idiot ref ignored... not to mention that he purposely ran over stoppage time when portugal was attacting in the last secs in extra time... that is low.... real low... and asking eng to retake the penalty kick... thats super low...

this is further proof that England is really in turmoil and that player power struggle did indeed took place during the World Cup.

good riddance to an uninspiring captain.

You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Seeing the way England played in the 2006 WC, I think most English fans secretly hoped it would be luck and not skill that would see England to the finals. Clearly not so easy.

I don't feel so sad as a fan cos I think their standards were low this time round. They played much better in 1998 and 2002. What's with including Crouch? He's clumsy and can't dribble (actually few English players can do it well). That's why they played many long balls hoping one of their midfilders/strikers could net it in. Yawn.

And what's with the spot kick jinx for decades? If they practiced it many times, why always the poor showing? I tink if they had put 1 or 2 of Singapore FC players, might have still stood some chance. Me thinks England need to employ a top-notch sports psychologist instead.

Maybe their manager must take some of the blame too.

Quote Originally Posted by kcuf2
    somehow england deserves it la.. dam rooney go and kick other's kuku jeow, and go and push his own dam team-mate????

Ouch~

England should not even be in the WC in the first place...I never know why people like to watch english play.

Quote Originally Posted by Wai

Ouch~
    oh man....with those boots... OUCH!!!

England has the talent to seriously compete for the world cup, but they need a manager who will choose the best combination of players to form the best team, and not a collection of good players who don't "click". Erikson has always chosen the super stars, not the best mix of players at that time. When I heard he was going I thought, OK, got hope, but with McLaren taking over, if qualify for the next world cup will be major miracle, as I think he is a pretty crap manager. So for all England supporters got to wait till the 2014 WC for any hope.

Quote Originally Posted by ldft
    England has the talent to seriously compete for the world cup, but they need a manager who will choose the best combination of players to form the best team, and not a collection of good players who don't "click". Erikson has always chosen the super stars, not the best mix of players at that time. When I heard he was going I thought, OK, got hope, but with McLaren taking over, if qualify for the next world cup will be major miracle, as I think he is a pretty crap manager. So for all England supporters got to wait till the 2014 WC for any hope.
    World Cup 2010, Singapore!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    World Cup 2010, Singapore!
    Year 20010, Singapore vs England in WC 20010 final, win by 2 penalty goals.

Year 20010, Singapore vs England in WC 20010 final, win by 2 penalty goals.
    led by fandi ahmad's super great grandson.

Overall England lost because of one man and he is none other then Erikson. (maybe he is in retirement mood).

aiya, its all over liao for England. Next WC hope is at least 2014. 2010 at Africa i think they will melt in the Africian sun. Lets enjoy the semis and finals. I'm looking forward to some German attacking play vs Italian defense.

As for Eriksson, you might not see the last of him. Maybe he will be the next Aston Villa manager!

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    aiya, its all over liao for England. Next WC hope is at least 2014. 2010 at Africa i think they will melt in the Africian sun. Lets enjoy the semis and finals. I'm looking forward to some German attacking play vs Italian defense.

As for Eriksson, you might not see the last of him. Maybe he will be the next Aston Villa manager!
    Oh no Villa will be relegated the following season!!!

Ok... final will be Italy vs Portugal.

Champ: PORTUGUESE!!!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123