Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting caught for photography, by Police

Default Re: Getting caught for photography, by Police

Quote Originally Posted by caseytan
    better get stormjackets or waterproof casing to protect your cam and lenses first.

must ask vince123123 got discount for bulk order bo...

vince123123
    Guests

Hehe, bulk order sure got discount one, depends on how "bulk" lor

Orders for the MO closing soon though.

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs
    must ask vince123123 got discount for bulk order bo...

Found something interesting too.

so far, im also been confronted a few times. but i respect the request, thou it really made my day.

once i was in Jalan baser, near the deska road area. I was told by 2 guys not to take picture. i wonder what was wrong until i walked into a lane and there are ppl selling sex toys... a bit disappointed thou since this will be a good record but i understand why i shouldnt.

Another time was in a mosque deem as national heritage, the priest told me that i can take pics of the building, but not the people. Also very disappointed as the human aspect is the most interesting.

something i found on the net too.

http://www.kantor.com/useful/Legal-R...tographers.pdf

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by knpan
    Any1 here has been caught by police or any other interference to your photo shoot or photography session? I have been caught by the police twice.

The 1st time it was just outside the police station and i was just holding the camera and the police guy came up to me from the other side of the street just to get my particulars.
    Another time i was stopped by a patrolling police car which happens to pass by coincidentally, as i was in the higest level of a multi story carpark, who wouldnt suspect?

whats your story?
    You are CS youngest member remember? So confirm look young, then police confirm bias against you catch you mah.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenscapes
    but more than 6 people, they will said it is illegal assembly..
    I remembered sometime ago, there was a mother doing breast feeding in the Esplanade and was told off by the security. Her reaction, got all her kakis there and a mass breast feeding was held there. Was even in the news.

Got the idea?

Quote Originally Posted by justshot
    I remembered sometime ago, there was a mother doing breast feeding in the Esplanade and was told off by the security. Her reaction, got all her kakis there and a mass breast feeding was held there. Was even in the news.

Got the idea?
    hmm...a huge bunch of individual shooters? works around the "illegal gathering" thing

Quote Originally Posted by _espn_
    You are CS youngest member remember? So confirm look young, then police confirm bias against you catch you mah.
    i dont think its only me.

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    you should try wisma atria. i was trying to snap the aquarium, stupid hero there came up behind and shouted "no photograph allowed" when i turn around to see who was it he continued to walk on his way and I shouted back "IS THAT SO?" and continued to shoot. He didn't even turn around or faced me when talking to me. Spoilt my mood to shoot totally.

Were there alot of people around at that time when you shoted back? if there is you got to be really daring

aquarium only right? I only dare to use camera phone to shoot...

Quote Originally Posted by caseytan
    later all tio caught for illegal gathering
    illegal gathering will happen only if i think a big group is in a secluded spot, or a suspicious place. they wont suspect if they see a big group of photographers with big cameras.

Its always safety in numbers.

Deregistered

Trust me, it's just you.

Quote Originally Posted by _espn_
    Trust me, it's just you.

then whats it with others saying that they got caught too. your thinking

vince123123
    Guests

don't think so too.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    don't think so too.
    i don't think so too
    Cleanse your thoughts, not by the foods you eat.

vince123123
    Guests

That's three so far vs

Deregistered

From what I understand from a Zaobao shooter : so long you are standing on PUBLIC property shooting, no one has the right to tell you to delete your shots.

Another another ST shooter: when he was asked to let the challenger look at the photos... he quickly popped out a blank card into the camera BEFORE being asked.

Being ready helps, having your photography namecard may help too.
    Last edited by sehsuan; 6th July 2006 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramius75
    Found something interesting too.

so far, im also been confronted a few times. but i respect the request, thou it really made my day.

once i was in Jalan baser, near the deska road area. I was told by 2 guys not to take picture. i wonder what was wrong until i walked into a lane and there are ppl selling sex toys... a bit disappointed thou since this will be a good record but i understand why i shouldnt.

Another time was in a mosque deem as national heritage, the priest told me that i can take pics of the building, but not the people. Also very disappointed as the human aspect is the most interesting.

something i found on the net too.

http://www.kantor.com/useful/Legal-R...tographers.pdf
    The article is very interesting. The contents tallies with what i have in mind i.e no one has the right to stop any photographer, be it in public or on private property. They can only ask you to leave. And an offence is committed only if there is refusal to leave the premises. The photos taken are the property of the photographer and there is no obligation to delete them.

Although the article is based on US laws, to the best of my knowledge, Singapore laws are fundamentally similar in this aspect. Hope that fellow photographers will now have a better knowledge of their rights.

vince123123
    Guests

Yeap, that was my position too in post #44 above.

Quote Originally Posted by Redstar202
    The contents tallies with what i have in mind i.e no one has the right to stop any photographer, be it in public or on private property. They can only ask you to leave. And an offence is committed only if there is refusal to leave the premises. The photos taken are the property of the photographer and there is no obligation to delete them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenscapes
    but more than 6 people, they will said it is illegal assembly..
    Do I know you? I dunno leh.. Just happen to come here to take some pictures. What a coincidence! No lah.. not coincidence.. the building very nice mah..

Quote Originally Posted by Redstar202
    The article is very interesting. The contents tallies with what i have in mind i.e no one has the right to stop any photographer, be it in public or on private property. They can only ask you to leave. And an offence is committed only if there is refusal to leave the premises. The photos taken are the property of the photographer and there is no obligation to delete them.

Although the article is based on US laws, to the best of my knowledge, Singapore laws are fundamentally similar in this aspect. Hope that fellow photographers will now have a better knowledge of their rights.
    About deleting them...do so in front of those security personnel. But go back to PC and restore them using some lost data recovery program. Bottom line is, NO WAY YOU CAN DELETE DIGITAL JUST LIKE THAT

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast